HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Paralysis of Analysis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelixHair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

1. What is the "Paralysis of Analysis?"

2. How does one know whether the attempt to understand something is the result of or the cause of Paralysis of Analysis?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:

Excellent question.

I say the "paralysis of analysis" is caused by never getting to "what to do" about something and "how to do it". I'll explain further what that means. I think Dr. Welsing refers to this as Circular Thought, where she explains it is the act of going from problem perception, away from problem resolution, down a diversionary path, and back to problem perception. It is analogous to attending "school" for the rest of your life taking the same subjects over and over and never getting out of "school" to apply what you have learned and how to solve problems based on what you have learned.

With anything we observe, using the scientific model to solve problems, we observe what is being done and figure out if what is being done is correct or incorrect based on the result of what is being done. If it is incorrect we devise an experiment to reveal truth in a manner that justice is promoted. In order to promote justice the person has to be saying and/or doing something.

If incorrect the experiment should address stopping that person, that thing, that whatever it is from doing what it is doing if it is destructive, meaning not headed toward justice. And then figure out the constructive thing to do, mean use speech and/or action that is headed toward justice.

HelixHair wrote:
2. How does one know whether the attempt to understand something is the result of or the cause of Paralysis of Analysis?

Another excellent question.

I say, and I could be incorrect about this, the attempt to understand something should consist of two things:

(1) Asking questions.
(2) Follow the logic.

Asking questions is essential if you want to know something you don't already know even if you are only asking the questions to yourself. Whatever it is in the universe that sends the answers will answer you. Now when you get the answer you have to figure out if it is correct based on where the answer takes you when you follow the logic of what the answer is. If the answer doesn't take you toward guaranteeing no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person who needs help the most get the most help, real quick, then you have to decide if the answer is any good at all.

Now you have your answer. What do you do with your answer? You head it toward the production of justice in a straight line...the shortest straight line possible by quickly deciding what to do and how to do it to get to justice.

In order to do this the person has to take a position and use speech and/or action to decide what to do and how to do it based on the position taken to head toward justice see number (1). If your answer does not head toward justice see number (1).

People are still in the "paralysis of analysis" when they just take a position on a problem without quickly moving to what to do to solve the problem and how to solve the problem in a manner that promotes justice.

Now to add in the experiment part.

A Counter-Racist Scientific Experiment should contain, at the very least, the problem that is observed (Observation), why it is thought the problem exists and perhaps how the problem manifests (Hypothesis) , a method for determining if the reason you think the problem exists is really why the problem exists (Experiment), and the expected outcome of running the experiment (Expected Results). I use the scientific method to test the answer I'm given from the universe to see if it follows logically toward promoting justice.

Some of us may have to practice the part of taking a position and using speech and/or action to decide what to do and how to do it based on the position taken to head toward justice before we use the scientific method. I still have to. The idea should be to use them both at the same time.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Excellent question.

I say the "paralysis of analysis" is caused by never getting to "what to do" about something and "how to do it". I'll explain further what that means. I think Dr. Welsing refers to this as Circular Thought, where she explains it is the act of going from problem perception, away from problem resolution, down a diversionary path, and back to problem perception. It is analogous to attending "school" for the rest of your life taking the same subjects over and over and never getting out of "school" to apply what you have learned and how to solve problems based on what you have learned.

With anything we observe, using the scientific model to solve problems, we observe what is being done and figure out if what is being done is correct or incorrect based on the result of what is being done. If it is incorrect we devise an experiment to reveal truth in a manner that justice is promoted. In order to promote justice the person has to be saying and/or doing something.

If incorrect the experiment should address stopping that person, that thing, that whatever it is from doing what it is doing if it is destructive, meaning not headed toward justice. And then figure out the constructive thing to do, mean use speech and/or action that is headed toward justice.

HelixHair wrote:

Another excellent question.

I say, and I could be incorrect about this, the attempt to understand something should consist of two things:

(1) Asking questions.
(2) Follow the logic.

Asking questions is essential if you want to know something you don't already know even if you are only asking the questions to yourself. Whatever it is in the universe that sends the answers will answer you. Now when you get the answer you have to figure out if it is correct based on where the answer takes you when you follow the logic of what the answer is. If the answer doesn't take you toward guaranteeing no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person who needs help the most get the most help, real quick, then you have to decide if the answer is any good at all.

Now you have your answer. What do you do with your answer? You head it toward the production of justice in a straight line...the shortest straight line possible by quickly deciding what to do and how to do it to get to justice.

In order to do this the person has to take a position and use speech and/or action to decide what to do and how to do it based on the position taken to head toward justice see number (1). If your answer does not head toward justice see number (1).

People are still in the "paralysis of analysis" when they just take a position on a problem without quickly moving to what to do to solve the problem and how to solve the problem in a manner that promotes justice.

Now to add in the experiment part.

A Counter-Racist Scientific Experiment should contain, at the very least, the problem that is observed (Observation), why it is thought the problem exists and perhaps how the problem manifests (Hypothesis) , a method for determining if the reason you think the problem exists is really why the problem exists (Experiment), and the expected outcome of running the experiment (Expected Results). I use the scientific method to test the answer I'm given from the universe to see if it follows logically toward promoting justice.

Some of us may have to practice the part of taking a position and using speech and/or action to decide what to do and how to do it based on the position taken to head toward justice before we use the scientific method. I still have to. The idea should be to use them both at the same time.

Thank you for that answer. Can a reponse to a problem make the problem worse? Are examples of making a problem worse 1) the use of leeches to treat infections, and/or; 2) the sending of lots of black young people to school with white young people?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Thank you for that answer. Can a reponse to a problem make the problem worse? Are examples of making a problem worse 1) the use of leeches to treat infections, and/or; 2) the sending of lots of black young people to school with white young people?

Sure a response to a problem can make the problem worse either by not solving the problem or solving the problem but producing more problems.

Counter-Racism is about solving problems without producing more problems.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Sure a response to a problem can make the problem worse either by not solving the problem or solving the problem but producing more problems.

Does not understanding the reason for the existence of a problem often result in making a problem worse?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Does not understanding the reason for the existence of a problem often result in making a problem worse?

Not if you can solve the problem without producing more problems.

We spend way too much time trying to understand why a problem exists and far too little time understanding what to do about a problem and how to do it to get the problem solved. Non-white people are history experts even though all of the history taught us were taught by the racists (white supremacists). I don't need to know the entire history of a car in order to drive it...I just need to know what to do and how to do it.

Racism (white supremacy) happens real-time. All the while I'm studying when it started, who started it, if it was a white person that started it, how was it started, why it was started, whether it was sunny that day or cloudy...I'm being mistreated on the basis of color.

People that want to and have escaped prison don't sit around and study why the prison exists, who started the prison, who buys the food for the prison...they just observe how things work in the prison and where the fractures are in the prison SYSTEM and they devise a plan for what to do to get out of the prison, how to do it, when to do it, where to do it...and then they proceed to do it. And if they followed the logic in their plan for getting out of the prison and staying out of the prison they get out of the prison and stay out of the prison.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

We spend way too much time trying to understand why a problem exists and far too little time understanding what to do about a problem and how to do it to get the problem solved. Non-white people are history experts even though all of the history taught us were taught by the racists (white supremacists). I don't need to know the entire history of a car in order to drive it...I just need to know what to do and how to do it.

Racism (white supremacy) happens real-time. All the while I'm studying when it started, who started it, if it was a white person that started it, how was it started, why it was started, whether it was sunny that day or cloudy...I'm being mistreated on the basis of color.

People that want to and have escaped prison don't sit around and study why the prison exists, who started the prison, who buys the food for the prison...they just observe how things work in the prison and where the fractures are in the prison SYSTEM and they devise a plan for what to do to get out of the prison, how to do it, when to do it, where to do it...and then they proceed to do it. And if they followed the logic in their plan for getting out of the prison and staying out of the prison they get out of the prison and stay out of the prison.

Sir, thank you for your response. But, in it, I cannot find the answer to my last question. Could you please highlight it?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Sir, thank you for your response. But, in it, I cannot find the answer to my last question. Could you please highlight it?

Sure. The answer is also below.

Whether you understand the reason for the existence of a problem or not if you are not going to solve the problem it may get worse. If you are not going to solve the problem you don't have to understand that it is even a problem. If you are going to solve a problem all the information you can find about the problem that is truthful and helps you to solve the problem is good to have.

But there comes a point where people just have to take a position and get to solving the problem and stop talking about information related to why the problem exists, for years and years and years, that cannot be proven to be true beyond a shadow of doubt.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:

Edward Williams wrote:

Is your response the same thing as saying that "If it doesn't make the problem worse, not understanding the reason for a problem will not make the problem worse "

??

If so, isn't your response circular?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Edward Williams wrote:

Is your response the same thing as saying that "If it doesn't make the problem worse, not understanding the reason for a problem will not make the problem worse "

??

No it isn't the same. Now we've spent several posts already talking about "what if's" about problems, we don't even yet know what the problem is, we don't even yet know what we're going to do about the problem, and we don't even yet know how to do what we're going to do. I think you're talking about not understanding the reason for the existence of a problem and how that could make the problem worse...does that make the problem worse...and we still don't know what the problem is.

We're in the "paralysis of analysis" right now!

For this reason, from the very beginning, I was and still am focused on solving the problem without producing more problems...which means solving the problem so that you don't have to solve the same problem again and you will not establish any new problems while solving the initial problem.

If you want to have this conversation let's, at the same time, walk through THE LOGIC of solving a problem that you have that other people may also have and see if we can do what we claim to be able to do, which is solve a problem without producing more problems. This way we will not stay stuck in the "paralysis of analysis" and this thread will become functional by not only helping people to understand what the "paralysis of analysis" is but also helping people to follow THE LOGIC of replacing racism (white supremacy) with justice by not getting stuck in the "paralysis of analysis".

What problem are we trying to solve?
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Edward Williams wrote:

??

No it isn't the same. Now we've spent several posts already talking about "what if's" about problems, we don't even yet know what the problem is, we don't even yet know what we're going to do about the problem, and we don't even yet know how to do what we're going to do. I think you're talking about not understanding the reason for the existence of a problem and how that could make the problem worse...does that make the problem worse...and we still don't know what the problem is.

For this reason, from the very beginning, I was and still am focused on solving the problem without producing more problems...which means solving the problem so that you don't have to solve the same problem again and you will not establish any new problems while solving the initial problem.

If you want to have this conversation let's, at the same time, walk through THE LOGIC of solving a problem that you have that other people may also have and see if we can do what we claim to be able to do, which is solve a problem without producing more problems. This way we will not stay stuck in the "paralysis of analysis" and this thread will become functional by not only helping people to understand what the "paralysis of analysis" is but also helping people to follow THE LOGIC of replacing racism (white supremacy) with justice by not getting stuck in the "paralysis of analysis".

When a person doesn't answer a question that he/she has been asked, paralysis may result. This happens all the time when the person asked does not want to reveal truth. Racist Suspects do it frequently. I have no power like that of judge in a court room to compell a witness to answer a question. But, I do know that, even if the person who does not answer yells that the asker is the one causing the problem, the asker is not the cause of the paralysis. And, the person with the power who refuses to answer a question can always declare that the asker is wasting time. Edward, this is your web site.

The problem I am trying to solve is the mistreatment by the most powerful of those who classify themselves as white of people who they classify as non-white. I am trying to solve the problem in the way I solve a problem of ants. I find out what the ants want and eliminate the target or move it to a harmless location.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Edward Williams wrote:

??

When a person doesn't answer a question that he/she has been asked, paralysis may result. This happens all the time when the person asked does not want to reveal truth. Racist Suspects do it frequently. I have no power like that of judge in a court room to compell a witness to answer a question. But, I do know that, even if the person who does not answer yells that the asker is the one causing the problem, the asker is not the cause of the paralysis. And, the person with the power who refuses to answer a question can always declare that the asker is wasting time. Edward, this is your web site.

The problem I am trying to solve is the mistreatment by the most powerful of those who classify themselves as white of people who they classify as non-white. I am trying to solve the problem in the way I solve a problem of ants. I find out what the ants want and eliminate the target or move it to a harmless location.

Following that logic...

What do the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) want?
HelixHair

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Edward Williams wrote:

??

Following that logic...

What do the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) want?

My hypothesis about the answer to that question can be found here.

I am trying to obtain and make available on-line some footage of a well-known reality TV show that very closely approximates the design of the experiment. In the footage, there are results that are consistent with the hypothesis. I will post a transcript of it within the next few months if I am unable to secure the legal permission to make it available on-line .
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:

I am trying to obtain and make available on-line some footage of a well-known reality TV show that very closely approximates the design of the experiment. In the footage, there are results that are consistent with the hypothesis. I will post a transcript of it within the next few months if I am unable to secure the legal permission to make it available on-line .

Now I suspect this question will not be answered but I'm trying to follow the logic of what was posted. It was stated that you are trying to solve the problem of people being mistreatment by the most powerful of those who classify themselves as white of people who they classify as non-white in the way you solve a problem of ants, which is to find out what the ants want and eliminate the target or move it to a harmless location.

Are you saying that the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) want greater access to sexual intercourse with people they classify as non-white and that is the reason they practice racism (white supremacy)?

Please help me to understand this by answering the question I've posted.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Paralysis of Analysis Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Now I suspect this question will not be answered but I'm trying to follow the logic of what was posted. It was stated that you are trying to solve the problem of people being mistreatment by the most powerful of those who classify themselves as white of people who they classify as non-white in the way you solve a problem of ants, which is to find out what the ants want and eliminate the target or move it to a harmless location.

Are you saying that the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) want greater access to sexual intercourse with people they classify as non-white and that is the reason they practice racism (white supremacy)?

Please help me to understand this by answering the question I've posted.

No. Your statement of my hypotheis that can be found in the All is Fair and Love is War thread is incomplete. We have been through this two times previously. The correct statement of the hypothesis is shown below by amending your statement with the words necessary to complete it in red text:

"white people who practice racism (white supremacy) want greater access to sexual intercourse with people they classify as non-white and white than they would have without the system of Racism (White Supremacy) .

By analogy: Ants infest the ground beneath and around my residence. However, because I utilize a system of pest control, my residence is free of ants. I never have ants in my residence when I utilize this pest control system but that is not a logical reason for stopping its use if I do not want to have ants in my residence.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: