HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

What is a Race?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ladyjedi-Djedet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: What is a Race? Reply with quote

While performing some research, I stumbled across this.

While this person is careful not to use the word “white” when describing the people he speaks of and himself (instead using the description European-American/ European-Americans) His description of race is quit interesting and revealing, and very supportive of some of the conclusions that have been drawn on this forum as to the possible definition of a “white person” or “What is a white person”

I am in no way saying that this is the definition of what a white person, as a non-white person I have no definite way of knowing. However I do believe it is excellent research material.

The parts that were most revealing, have been highlighted.

Yggdrasil says:

"There are two concepts of race:
a descriptive concept based on physical characteristics and genetic inheritance,

and a functional concept based on the tendency of groups sharing physical or cultural affinities to fight or use the political process for shifting resources in their favor.

"For the purpose of drawing rational borders around competing groups to minimize conflict, the functional definition is useful. The descriptive definition is not."

If our reason for defining "race" is to reduce conflict, then that purpose suggests a functional definition: -

Races are groups that tend to band together based on common physical or cultural characteristics and fight or compete with groups having different physical or cultural characteristics.

Thus, functionally, races tend to be voluntary associations. The combatants know perfectly well which side they are on. There is no need for genetic testing, family trees, or hair and eye color tests.

Examples of racial strife from around the world demonstrate that the characteristics that separate races or ethnic groups vary widely (See Yggdrasil's Lesson #2).

In some instances, such as in Northern Ireland or Bosnia, it would be impossible for outsiders to tell which was which, based on a visual inspection.

The point is a simple one. The combatants define their "race" based on whatever characteristics they choose. Invariably, they have no trouble recognizing each other. Whether those characteristics correspond with any scientific or genetic definition of a "race" is irrelevant.

http://home.ddc.net/ygg/ls/ls-06.htm
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is interesting. but very confusing for a 12 year-old. If my daughter can't figure it out I usually try to explain it in a manner that she is able to figure it out.

I suspect "race" is a just a word that is used to describe a category that is imposed on people in the practice of the mistreatment of people on the basis of color.

I could be incorrect.
RangerX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and a functional concept based on the tendency of groups sharing physical or cultural affinities to fight or use the political process for shifting resources in their favor.

in other (LESS) words...

What a person Says and what a person Does = "White" (Function)

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady J,

Which ever criteria a racist uses to define race, the result is always the same, the person either IS or IS NOT qualified to be mistreated on the basis of color.

By who?

By the White supremacists of course.

Who are they?

The smartest most powerful White people of course.

Here is an example of the phenomenon in action.

Danica Patrick is a female who drove in the Indy 500. A White person is running a poll and the question is:

Danica Patrick: Mediterranean Celt or Mestizo Squaw?

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=19092

Josh
RangerX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read on vnn,

"Humans and Non-Whites"

It seems as though they may use any criteria they want at that time to decide who is White ("Human") and who is not White.

From Function to Physical characteristics.

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RangerX wrote:
Interesting read on vnn,

"Humans and Non-Whites"

It seems as though they may use any criteria they want at that time to decide who is White ("Human") and who is not White.

From Function to Physical characteristics.

-RangerX
RWSWJ

Color and/or Non-Color, in terms of people under the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy), boils down to "How you function" primarily, and "Factors associated with how you function" secondarily.

And white people who practice racism (white supremacy) want to keep you focused on the "Factors associated with how you function" forever.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very intresting information.

According to counter-racist loigc, the bottom line is that when it comes to "Race" there is only one: The White Race.

Non white people don't function as a "Race".

Non white people react to "Race". Non white people react to White people because we all do what they tell us to do. We do not tell them...Anywhere on this rock we call earth.

The key to my understanding is:

Race is Racism. And Racism is White Supremacy.

The most obvious strategy/technique to express this is by establishing, expanding, maintianing, and refining a 'value system' for people based on whatever the White Supremacists/Racists determine: The behavoiral system of Racism/White Supremacy.

This is manifiested in the sheer everyday power of a person classified as white who has the ability to (#1) determine if anther person IS OR IS NOT classified as white then (#2) treat him/her as such is how the system of racsim/white supremacy operates in function everyday.

This is not genetic. This is fuctional and/or behavoiral. This is a concious decision that people classified as white make everyday, all the time.

The whole concept of "race" and the classifacation or "objectifacation" of people is done by the white supremacists in order to maintian power over who they determine are non-white. Period.

Next step, Replace White Supremacy with Jusitce.

Keep in mind, I could be incorrect.

Winston
Dark Switch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Explain it to me like I'm a child Reply with quote

Most non-White children have no problem identifying White Function.

In school what do they accuse a studious non-White pupil of doing, while he/she tries to counter the niggerisation process? ? ?
The Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: What is a Race? Reply with quote

Ladyjedi-Djedet wrote:

Yggdrasil says:

"There are two concepts of race:
a descriptive concept based on physical characteristics and genetic inheritance,

"For the purpose of drawing rational borders around competing groups to minimize conflict, the functional definition is useful. The descriptive definition is not."

If our reason for defining "race" is to reduce conflict, then that purpose suggests a functional definition: -

Races are groups that tend to band together based on common physical or cultural characteristics and fight or compete with groups having different physical or cultural characteristics.

Thus, functionally, races tend to be voluntary associations. The combatants know perfectly well which side they are on. There is no need for genetic testing, family trees, or hair and eye color tests.

Examples of racial strife from around the world demonstrate that the characteristics that separate races or ethnic groups vary widely (See Yggdrasil's Lesson #2).

In some instances, such as in Northern Ireland or Bosnia, it would be impossible for outsiders to tell which was which, based on a visual inspection.

The point is a simple one. The combatants define their "race" based on whatever characteristics they choose. Invariably, they have no trouble recognizing each other. Whether those characteristics correspond with any scientific or genetic definition of a "race" is irrelevant.

Interesting but I don't think this is fully true.

The author could be confusing nationality or cultural group with race.

Quote:
What is a Race?

It is a BIOLOGICAL group within a species.

There are limits to what you can do about it.

RACE is NOT a matter of FUNCTION. Race is a matter of BIOLOGY.

My question is - Why does this truth threaten so many people?

On the other hand RACISM is a matter of FUNCTION.

Therefore the critical question is not "Are you a White person?"

The critical question is "Are you a White supremacist?"
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Explain it to me like I'm a child Reply with quote

Dark Switch wrote:

In school what do they accuse a studious non-White pupil of doing, while he/she tries to counter the niggerisation process? ? ?

Dark Switch, I have heard many white and non-white people raise this phenomenon. I was a teacher of a 50-50 mix of black and latspanic students for more than ten years, off and on, during the 80's and 90s. Never once, did I encounter that phenenon. For five more years after that, I did "social work" in which I spent a lot of time with teenagers both in and out of the schools they attended. I failed to witness this phenomenon in that context either.

Further, I was never told nor overheard that any of my colleagues of any racial category in either field had witnessed it.

I think racists fabricate "facts" about non-white people and then non-white people waste a lot of time discussing these "facts" and proposing solutions to them.

The non-white students did not know what they should have known. But, I never met a student who did not want to receive good grades.
Dark Switch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Explain it to me like I'm a child Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Dark Switch wrote:

Dark Switch, I have heard many white and non-white people raise this phenomenon. I was a teacher of a 50-50 mix of black and latspanic students for more than ten years, off and on, during the 80's and 90s. Never once, did I encounter that phenenon. For five more years after that, I did \\\"social work\\\" in which I spent a lot of time with teenagers both in and out of the schools they attended. I failed to witness this phenomenon in that context either.

Further, I was never told nor overheard that any of my colleagues of any racial category in either field had witnessed it.

I think racists fabricate \\\"facts\\\" about non-white people and then non-white people waste a lot of time discussing these \\\"facts\\\" and proposing solutions to them.

The non-white students did not know what they should have known. But, I never met a student who did not want to receive good grades.

My post title had a previous counter-racism scientist's post in this thread in mind, it is not the phenonenon to which I wished to draw attention.

Let me supply the intended phenomenon:-

Answer: words to the effect of 'Dere he/she go again tryin' a act white!'
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: What is a Race? Reply with quote

The Observer wrote:
Ladyjedi-Djedet wrote:

Yggdrasil says:

\"There are two concepts of race:

\"For the purpose of drawing rational borders around competing groups to minimize conflict, the functional definition is useful. The descriptive definition is not.\"

If our reason for defining \"race\" is to reduce conflict, then that purpose suggests a functional definition: -

The point is a simple one. The combatants define their \"race\" based on whatever characteristics they choose. Invariably, they have no trouble recognizing each other. Whether those characteristics correspond with any scientific or genetic definition of a \"race\" is irrelevant.

Interesting but I don't think this is fully true.

The author could be confusing nationality or cultural group with race.

Quote:
What is a Race?

It is a BIOLOGICAL group within a species.

There are limits to what you can do about it.

RACE is NOT a matter of FUNCTION. Race is a matter of BIOLOGY.

My question is - Why does this truth threaten so many people?

On the other hand RACISM is a matter of FUNCTION.

Therefore the critical question is not \"Are you a White person?\"

The critical question is \"Are you a White supremacist?\"

(((shakin' my head)))

Spoken like a real racist-suspect.

Winston
The Observer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Explain it to me like I'm a child Reply with quote

[quote="Dark Switch"]
HelixHair wrote:

Let me supply the intended phenomenon:-

Answer: words to the effect of 'Dere he/she go again tryin' a act white!'

Who are "they"?

By "non-White" do you mean "black"?

Because I do believe Asians are considered non-White yet I doubt that it is the case that other Asians refer to academically successful Asian students as "acting White".
lalaphansi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all refusing to follow the evidence-historical and present evidence. All this race issue boils down to one thing. Blacks are target ed and mistreated by all non -blacks full stop.

History shows this 1500 yrs of Arab slavery (they were not white) and still active in some Arab countries to this day. Indian caste system- read the Reg veda. White supremacists control of African and global resources.

Remember whites never ruled the world continously blacks did at one point, Arabs did etc but in all this my history tells me that blacks have been disproportionatly targeted by all thiese peoples that ruled. Which means that the next group of people to take over from the white supremacists will go for the blacks- the evidence is all over. With all our resources in Africa, definitely we will still be wrestling with the new power whether it be China etc.

So I say Race first.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

lalaphansi wrote:
You are all refusing to follow the evidence-historical and present evidence. All this race issue boils down to one thing. Blacks are target ed and mistreated by all non -blacks full stop.

History shows this 1500 yrs of Arab slavery (they were not white) and still active in some Arab countries to this day. Indian caste system- read the Reg veda. White supremacists control of African and global resources.

Remember whites never ruled the world continously blacks did at one point, Arabs did etc but in all this my history tells me that blacks have been disproportionatly targeted by all thiese peoples that ruled. Which means that the next group of people to take over from the white supremacists will go for the blacks- the evidence is all over. With all our resources in Africa, definitely we will still be wrestling with the new power whether it be China etc.

So I say Race first.

What is a non-black person?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: