HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

All People Are The Same?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: All People Are The Same? Reply with quote

Observed Phenomenon:

When stating that no person has the same color skin as a white crayon, and/or white people are not really white, their eyes are not white, their teeth are not white, and no "black" person is the same color as a black crayon, in a conversation with white people and non-white people about race, the white people will attempt to guide the conversation in a direction of "all people are really the same".

Premise:

Because of the existence of the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) there are three functional categories of people:

White People
Non-White People
Racists (White Supremacists)

Not all white people are racists (white supremacists) but you do have to be a white person in order to be a racist (white supremacist). This is a choice that white people make, to participate in a SYSTEM that was in place when they were born or to participate in replacing the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) with a SYSTEM of justice. Justice being guaranteeing no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

Hypothesis:

I suspect this happens because it requires an explanation and justification for a person being mistreated on the basis of color if all people are colored. The white people who practice racism (white supremacy) cannot give any person a logical reason why they practice racism (white supremacy).

Since no person is transparent, all people are colored. White people say they are not "colored people" and/or "people of color" but they are not transparent, meaning their is contrast. I suspect the word colored, when used by a white person who practices racism (white supremacy) in reference to a person they say is not white, makes reference to a subject person in the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy).

Following counter-racist logic the Premise is correct. And these classifications exist for a reason.

Experiment:

Questions to ask:

(1) Are you a white person?
(2) Are you a non-white person?
(3) Are you a colored person?
(4) Is a white person a non-white person?
(5) Is a white person a colored person?
(6) Is your skin the same color as a white crayon?
(7) Are all people colored?
(8) Why do the people who classify themselves as white also classify some other people as non-white? (Ask only to people who say they are white people)
(9) Why do some white people practice racism (white supremacy), which is the mistreatment of people on the basis of color? (Ask only to people who say they are white people. Make sure you are sitting down for this answer, it make take a long time.)

Statements to make:

(1) No person has the same color skin as a white crayon.
(2) When I look at a white person their eyes are not white and their teeth are not white.
(3) No person has the same color skin as a black crayon.
(4) White people are not really white.
(5) Black people are not really black.

Recording Data:

Use whatever recording device you can such as pencil and paper, audio recorder, video recorder, etc.

Materials Needed:

You will have to have a conversation about race where there are white people and non-white people. Any conversation where a person makes reference to the color of a person is a conversation about race. You may find strategies and techniques that will be useful in the other forums on the Counter-Racism Work/Study Project.

Expected Results:

(1) White people will attempt to guide the conversation in a direction of "all people are really the same".

(2) Non-white people will stop talking when white people attempt to guide the conversation in a direction of "all people are really the same".
ladyz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interesting qualitative study because I have been challenged on this often by Europeans and I am dying to try this on some folk that I know that regard themselves as 'we are the world' mentality because surely all people are not the same. If you don't mind, I want to do this one for the purpose of evaluation and understanding perceptual difference in understanding and will post the result and engage in a conversation with you involving it.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ladyz wrote:
This is an interesting qualitative study because I have been challenged on this often by Europeans and I am dying to try this on some folk that I know that regard themselves as 'we are the world' mentality because surely all people are not the same. If you don't mind, I want to do this one for the purpose of evaluation and understanding perceptual difference in understanding and will post the result and engage in a conversation with you involving it.

Please do. Also please post your findings.
ladyz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.
The Observer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you believe all this then why is the "critical question" - Are you a White person?

Shouldn't the critical question be - Are you a White supremacist?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

The Observer wrote:
If you believe all this then why is the \"critical question\" - Are you a White person?

Shouldn't the critical question be - Are you a White supremacist?

Observer,

It is not about belief...it is about logic. The experiments in the Counter-Racism Science Project forum are supposed to do one thing...lead people to Counter-Racist Logic so that people can begin to follow THE LOGIC.

That is an excellent question. First things first. The first thing you have to figure out is if the person is a white person. This helps protect you and also helps to protect the person you are asking the question to because there is nothing incorrect and/or illegitimate about being a white person. Most white people will not admit to being a racist (white supremacist) but they will admit to being a white person. This protects you by not putting someone on the defense against you that may be more POWERFUL than you. It protects the person you're asking because they are able to answer you by stating they are a white person without having to say they are doing anything incorrect like mistreating people on the basis of color. You get the information you need and they are able to give it to you without becoming defensive.

Once you get this information you have to observe the person's behavior, if you have not done so already, to figure out if you think the person is a racist (white supremacist). That is something each individual non-white person determines for themselves. Each individual non-white person determining for themselves if a particular white person is a racist (white supremacist) also helps to minimize conflict with other non-white people. One non-white person can't solidify suspicion for another non-white person. Each individual non-white person does that on their own and it is a part of the process of self-respect.

It all comes down to what are you going to do with the information. Once you determine if a particular white person is a racist (white supremacist) what do you do with that? Suspect them of mistreating people on the basis of color? Well you can do that without asking them if they are a racist (white supremacist). Cause you can't prove they are a racist (white supremacist) even if they tell you they are. And if you can find a way to prove that they are when they tell you they are you can't prove what they mean when they said it. Asking a person if they are a white person is very scientific. The question you asked is correct...you do want to know if the person is a racist (white supremacist) but that is a determination you make all on your own because when you try to prove that the person is a racist (white supremacist) you'll find yourself all on your own.

I wrote an experiment called Solidifying Suspicion that taught me one thing...solidifying suspicion is a process of determining if a person is a racist (white supremacist)...something each individual non-white person has to do for themselves. You can determine if you think a white person is a racist (white supremacist) without calling it Solidifying Suspicion and that is the reason i don't use that term any longer.

Yes, what you really want to know is if the person practices racism (white supremacy) but you have to take it one step at a time...like a scientist does. It is not by chance that most of the scientific experiments ask the question "Are you a white person" first if the experiment involves people who are suspected of as being white people.
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Experiment:

Questions to ask:

(1) Are you a white person?
(2) Are you a non-white person?
(3) Are you a colored person?
(4) Is a white person a non-white person?
(5) Is a white person a colored person?
(6) Is your skin the same color as a white crayon?
(7) Are all people colored?
(8) Why do the people who classify themselves as white also classify some other people as non-white? (Ask only to people who say they are white people)
(9) Why do some white people practice racism (white supremacy), which is the mistreatment of people on the basis of color? (Ask only to people who say they are white people. Make sure you are sitting down for this answer, it make take a long time.)

Statements to make:

I ran a version of this experiment and indeed, the White people said "all people are the same" and the non white people wanted to end the discussion after the White people said that; but I pushed the experiment along a little further by continuing to ask White people how they DECIDE a person is White if everyone has color.

Because they refused to reveal the exact criteria for their decision making process, I was able to hypothesize their DECISION making process is a subjective one. In other words, they just make it up.

Once everyone was aware and in agreement of this phenomenon, I began asking the White person WHY they engage in this behavior.

He refused to answer the question.

When pressed, he said he did not know why he did it.

I presented a picture of Adolph Hitler and suggested his reason for deciding a person was White was based on the same logic Hitler used.

The White person STRONGLY denied any possibility that racism White supremacy is his motivation for deciding a person is White or non white.

I reminded him that he already stated he didn't know why he DECIDED some people are qualified to function as White and others to be mistreated on the basis of color, and that his failure to provide his own logic qualified me to suspect racism White supremacy was his logic.

I asked him once again to provide his logic for DECIDING some people are qualified to function as White and others to be mistreated on the basis of color.

He left the discussion and never returned.

What is interesting about this White person is he joined the discussion after the other White people "gave up" trying to explain HOW they decide a person is qualified to function as a White person and some to be mistreated on the basis of color.

He entered the discussion without prompting by saying: "Hi, Im a White person and I decide people are White or non white based on their skin color".

He acted very confident in his ability to do this without mistreating people.

But when asked WHY he does this, he could not/would not answer.

I suspect his failure to answer was due to people begining to understand that the only reason for the White classification is in order to justify mistreating people on the basis of color.

Its not "color supremacy"

Its White supremacy.

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: