HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Voting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

NECKST wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
NECKST wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
I quantify the act of thinking through the measurement of action.


How could that be, if thinking is action?

Because everything is action.


If everything is action, how does one differentiate between speaking, thinking, and acting?

And now you're asking me the same questions I've asked you?

One differentiates by the definition.

NECKST wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
NECKST wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
If I tell someone I want some action do you think they'll think I'm talking about some eating or dancing?


I don't know.

Yes...and that is the reason (why) it is best not to have one definition (saying and doing) for everything even thoug everything is saying and doing.


Oh no sir, I'm not proposing that there should be one definition for everything, but as far as it relates to people, everything does comes down to saying and doing.

And it is my understanding that the only (perceivable/observable) evidence of thought is speech (that which is said) and/or action (that which is done).

Not if one only needs to prove the evidence to themselves.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
James Jones
Guest





PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
NECKST wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
NECKST wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
I quantify the act of thinking through the measurement of action.


How could that be, if thinking is action?

Because everything is action.


If everything is action, how does one differentiate between speaking, thinking, and acting?

And now you're asking me the same questions I've asked you?

One differentiates by the definition.


Well...

If you are asking me, how do I differentiate between prayer and voting, my answer to that question would be:

I don't differentiate between the definition of the word "prayer" and the difinition of the word "vote."

But, I welcome anyone with a better definition than the one that has been produced with-in this thread.

Edward Williams wrote:
NECKST wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
NECKST wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
If I tell someone I want some action do you think they'll think I'm talking about some eating or dancing?


I don't know.

Yes...and that is the reason (why) it is best not to have one definition (saying and doing) for everything even thoug everything is saying and doing.


Oh no sir, I'm not proposing that there should be one definition for everything, but as far as it relates to people, everything does comes down to saying and doing.

And it is my understanding that the only (perceivable/observable) evidence of thought is speech (that which is said) and/or action (that which is done).

Not if one only needs to prove the evidence to themselves.


Let me think about that.
Back to top
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See what I mean?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
James Jones
Guest





PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Voting Reply with quote

Revised II

NECKST wrote:
Voting: Pronunciation Key

Thinking, speaking and acting in such a fashion that Justice and Correctness is promoted most effectively.
Back to top
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Voting Reply with quote

NECKST wrote:
Revised II

NECKST wrote:
Voting: Pronunciation Key

Thinking, speaking and acting in such a fashion that Justice and Correctness is promoted most effectively.

How, specifically? Can you give me the logical mechanics?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting: The ability to choose.

How about that?

Winston
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations