HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Speaking & Acting Only to Solve Problems?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Speaking & Acting Only to Solve Problems? Reply with quote

Here's an experiment that I have tried several times without the time limit of on week of continuous recording. PLEASE add suggestions as to how it can be refined.

Observed Phenomenon:
I have observed many Non-White people that I talk have great difficulty in focusing our speech and action on problem solving.

Hypothesis:
I suspect that as a result of existing in the current system of Racism (White Supremacy), the victims of racism have been conditioned to engage in speech and action that hinders constructive speech interaction between us. Since maintenance of White Supremacy requires that Non-White peoples’ knowledge and learning abilities be retarded, our speech and action is focused on saying and doing things of minimal importance MOST OF THE TIME. This is a learned behavior, which I suspect the white people who practice racism promote and encourage among Non-White people. In order to improve interactions among people, counter racism, Non-White people must get smarter about everything there is to know about everything, since conversely the White people that practice White-Supremacy are in a supreme position among people of this planet because they use Racist code, logic, and are smarter than all other people.

Experiment:
Engage in one full week of only saying and doing things that help to solve a problem and/or gain exchange constructive information, or say nothing or do nothing.
When engaged in any interaction with people, (White people, Non-White people, and White Supremacist) speak a greeting and be courteous, listen to what people say to you, follow orders that pertain to work, education, economics etc., but only engage in a conversation if their is a problem to solve or constructive information is being exchanged.
You may have to ask the person who is talking to you questions to focus the conversation on problem solving and/or exchanging constructive information. Such question could be:

“How can I help you?”
“Is there something I can help you with?”
“What is the problem that needs to be solved?”
“Is there a problem that needs to be solved?”
“May I offer you a suggestion as to how you might solve that problem?”
“Can you help me solve a problem that I am having?”
“How is what you are saying helping to solve that problem?”
“Do you need help with that?”

Offer a suggestion that may help solve that problem, or if you do not have a suggestion say that you do not have a suggestion at this time but that you will think about it and ask others how to solve that problem. It is important to write that problem down in a notebook and ask others for suggestions as how to solve that problem.

Recording Data:
Record all data in a notebook that you keep with you everyday of the experiment. Date each entry for the seven days of the experiment (Sun.-Sat.). Each time you engage in a conversation in which; constructive information is exchanged, a suggestion to how solve a problem is made, or an action that solves a problem is done record the event in a notebook with date/time. (It would be helpful if you write down the specific problem that needs to be solved, any suggestions that were proposed, and any constructive information learned for future reference and refinement.)
Each time you engage in a conversation or action that does not attempt to solve a problem or exchange constructive information, record the event in the notebook with date/time.(It would be helpful if you write down the activity or conversation in which you were engaged in and the estimated amount of time you spent doing it.)
Take notes on the reaction that you receive from people that you interact with while attempting to engage in constructive conversations and activities.

Materials Needed:
1 Spiral Notebook, Pens or Pencils.
The will to perform the experiment and record the data.

Expected Results:
1. It will be extremely difficult to stay focused on attempting problem solving, that is, saying and doing things that solve problems and exchanges constructive information, with other Non-White people.
2. When focusing on problem solving, saying and doing things that attempt to solve problems and exchange constructive information, it will be difficult to get Non-White people to: 1. Tell you what the specific problems are that need to be solved. 2. Stay focused on creating constructive solutions/suggestions to solve that problem. 3. Keep the conversation on exchanging constructive information.
3. When attempting to focus on problem solving, saying and doing things that attempt to solve problems and exchange constructive information, some White and Non-white people will speak or act differently towards you.
4. When attempting to focus on problem solving, saying and doing things that attempt to solve problems and exchange constructive information, the duration of your conversations and interactions with people will be shorter if the person is not interested in such a conversation, and longer if the person you are talking to is interested in such a conversation.
5. When attempting to focus on problem solving, saying and doing things that attempt to solve problems and exchange constructive information, you will solve problems and learn more, i.e. get smarter.
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest shortening the experiment to a single day.

I think the recorded data from one day of this experiment will be enough to demonstrate the utility of this peice of counter racist code: "only saying and doing things that help to solve a problem and/or gain exchange constructive information,"

Regarding expected results, point #4 is the one you can use as "bullshit repellant".

4. When attempting to focus on problem solving, saying and doing things that attempt to solve problems and exchange constructive information, the duration of your conversations and interactions with people will be shorter if the person is not interested in such a conversation, and longer if the person you are talking to is interested in such a conversation.

Many White supremacists work hard all day long solving great and vast problems; but when they approach you they wanna trade jokes, ask you how much pussy you got last night...

in other words, "tha niggers here, time to bullshit for a while".

You don't need that.

By staying focused on saying and doing things that attempt to solve problems and exchange constructive information, those interactions become shorter and shorter and pretty soon, non existent.

In addition, the "tackyness" of this communication vacumn (silence) often causes persons to approach you with constructive information as a way of filling it.

A good experiment, but I would limit it to a single day or event.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest re-wording the experiment so that it is an experiment that non-white people try on themselves, instead of trying on each other. The primary objective being to observe what the person that is running the experiment notices about his or herself and study/analyze the data and correct what is necessary in order for the person running the experiment to get his or her behavior working toward guaranteeing no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most get the most help.

...but perhaps that is another experiment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: