HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

FOLLOWING THE LOGIC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: FOLLOWING THE LOGIC Reply with quote

Quote:
Bilal Wrote: Following the logic is certainly a most important solution, however logic is NOT everything. Somethings MUST hinge upon faith, since people don't know everything. Since we cannot know all answers we must believe somethings without having complete knowledge.

Following the logic is definitly NOT everything. Following the logic is following the logic.

Although, I wouldn't say that following the logic is a "solution" either.

In terms of RWSWJ, there arent' any "solutions". (Yet)

Instead, I would say that following the logic (that leads the revalation of truth) is a strategy. My expeirences have lead me to belive that it is the best strategey non white people have for countering-racsim.

I'll also agree that people cannot know ALL of anything. Which is why Following the Logic is such a necessary strategy. Particularly since deception is such a big part of our culture.

Following the logic that leads to the revalation of truth is the best strategy I've seen in terms of trying to neutrilize the words and actions that the racists use.

smallz
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: FOLLOWING THE LOGIC Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
Quote:
Bilal Wrote: Following the logic is certainly a most important solution, however logic is NOT everything. Somethings MUST hinge upon faith, since people don't know everything. Since we cannot know all answers we must believe somethings without having complete knowledge.

Following the logic is definitly NOT everything. Following the logic is following the logic.

Although, I wouldn't say that following the logic is a "solution" either.

In terms of RWSWJ, there arent' any "solutions". (Yet)

Instead, I would say that following the logic (that leads the revalation of truth) is a strategy. My expeirences have lead me to belive that it is the best strategey non white people have for countering-racsim.

I'll also agree that people cannot know ALL of anything. Which is why Following the Logic is such a necessary strategy. Particularly since deception is such a big part of our culture.

Following the logic that leads to the revalation of truth is the best strategy I've seen in terms of trying to neutrilize the words and actions that the racists use.

smallz

I agree smallz. Why would someone need to know everything? For example, why would someone need to know where every blade of grass is on the planet over 2 inches tall? It may be nice to know but it isn't compensatory.

There are people that go off and "contemplate" their whole life in an effort to know "all things about all things"...but how is that compensatory? To me, it is not logical. You don't need to have two arms and two legs, fingernails, teeth, a brain, etc., to sit in a corner and "contemplate". I suspect there is a reason people have two arms and two legs, fingernails, teeth, a brain, etc.

There is a reason racism (white supremacy) exists and there is also a reason for the need to replace the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) with a SYSTEM of justice...and the reason is because I would say there is a better way for people to relate to each other. It's that reason that gives you the WHY and it is the WHY that gives you the reason.
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One technique for following the logic is to raise questions.

What kind of questions?

Questions designed to reveal truth.

I was listening to a debate between two people regarding the level of danger in Iraq. One person was argueing that the chance of being killed/injured was greater; the other person was argueing that the chance of being killed/injured was lesser.

Both parties offered convincing facts/statistics to support their positions.

As I sat their listening like the confused nigger that I am, I tried to think of a question I could ask that would reveal truth.

Drawing on my knowledge of the system of racism White supremacy and understanding that in such a system all things are connected to it; I raised this question:

"Is the cost in salary of a White person to live and work in Iraq rising or falling?"

This is one question I think would help me to understand which person in this debate was being truthful and which one was practicing deception.

I suspect someone knew the answer to this question.

But the question was never raised.

Raising questions is a technique to help a person with the strategy of following the logic.

I recommend it.

Josh
mel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh,

Just curious, what is your definition of FAITH?
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faith:

thought, speech and/or action based on belief instead of knowing.

Josh
HighHouse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is intelligence > faith?

(Faith=acting on belief; intelligence=acting on knowledge)
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is intelligence "greater" than faith?

Are you asking if its a better tool for the revelation of truth?

Hmmm, thats a tough one; I need to hammer down a better definition of "intelligence" first.

Josh
mel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh,

What is you counter racist definition of a "belief"?

I ask because it seems to me to be a much better word to use than "faith" because it is simple and accurate. Now if one ask, what is greater knowing the truth? -or- believing that you know the truth?, I would say hands down it is knowing the truth.
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel, I think we need to transfer this conversation to the definitionary section.

Im trying to exercise more thread discipline by staying on topic.

Josh
mel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, we will continue there...
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

Josh, that's Following The Logic...

smallz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: