HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Logic < Emotion = Ron Artest Mistake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Logic < Emotion = Ron Artest Mistake Reply with quote

Quote:
Virtual_God wrote: It is said that non-white people are "highly" emotional people. Under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) I suspect this to be a true statement.

Emotion must be balanced with Logic.

It has been said that non-white people are "highly" emotional as a result of not following THE LOGIC (counter-racist logic). When there is very little logic being used there is very much emotion being used.

It is a "balloon effect". When you squeeze one part of a balloon that has an abundance of air in it, the part you squeeze gets smaller in physical size and the rest of the balloon gets larger in physical size.

The existence of emotion is logical.

I suspect your initial premise to be accurate.

In addition I suspect that their are examples of this in our daily activity that we miss. I suspect this case to be an example of V_god's quote.

CASE:

RON ARTEST: Victim-of Racism

-In short, Ron Artest was hit by a cup with liquid in it thrown by a “fan”

-Ron Artest reacted by immediately jumping up and choosing to assault who he thought tossed the beverage at him.

-According to the people in charge of ESPN SPORTSCENTER, the person that Ron Artest attacked was NOT the person who tossed the beverage at him.

QUESTIONS:

1.Did Ron Artest make the best decision? Why?

2.Do you think his decision was based on Logic or Emotion or perhaps both? Why?

3.If you think his decision was based on both Logic and Emotion, Which do you think played a bigger part and why?

4.Do you think Ron Artest made the best use of the space between the stimulus (thrown drink) and his response (attacking someone)? Why?

5.Do you think Ron Artests choice of attacking the wrong individual of the crime committed was the best choice that could have been made? Why?

6.Do you think his choice was Logical (according to counter-racist logic)? why?

7.Who is most directly responsible for what occurred at last Friday night's Basketball game between the Detroit Pistons and the Indiana Pacers? why?

8.Who is most responsible for what occurs at any NBA Game? why?

9.Who is in-charge of the NBA and all of its players? why?

10.Is that person a Racist Suspect? why?

11.Is that person a White Supremacist/Racist? why?

I suspect these are some questions to ask yourself that may be useful to you if you commit to following the logic and refusing to lie to yourself.

The purpose of using Ron Artest as an example is not to Focus on another Victim-of-Racism. That would fall in line with Racist-Logic. The purpose of using Ron Artest in this format is to highlight the mistakes that where made, so that hopefully the mistake is not repeated by another victim-of-racism. This fall in line with Counter-Racist Logic.

I could be incorrect.

smallz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: