HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Emotion and Logic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define "feeling" and define "emotion".
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ladyz



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Well Mr. Edwards Reply with quote

Sir,

I assume that "feeling" is a sensation that is experienced within the mind can could create a reaction whereas, an "emotion" is a state of expression that has been process which in turn product a reaction; therefore I assume that is possible to "feel" something without "reaction" to it by processation of becoming emotion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Well Mr. Edwards Reply with quote

ladyz wrote:
Sir,

I assume that "feeling" is a sensation that is experienced within the mind can could create a reaction whereas, an "emotion" is a state of expression that has been process which in turn product a reaction; therefore I assume that is possible to "feel" something without "reaction" to it by processation of becoming emotion.

How do you know you have a feeling?

How do you know you have an emotion?

What is the evidence of both?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ladyz



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Williams,
As I understand it:
"Feelings" are outset by awarness or unawareness and this can be process of not digested because it is a sensation of representation.

"Feelings" exist through representations of expression whatever that may be and this produce a state of expression such as a man getting sacked from his job without notice, he may feel guilt if he was already in a state of being that recognised that the job merits importance and he needs it in order to survived. An example is a serial killer who has killed young boys and has been caught by a police officer, he may "feel" indifference toward the indivdiuals he has killed, therefore within the mind, "feelings" are representations of expression: active or inactive.

"Feelings" become process when they are strongly felt through a sensation triggering emotion. And then the feeling that is produced is internalised or externalised thus generating expressions of various types such as: guilty, sadness, blame, anger etc. Emotions are blue prints of a feelings and could be identified as reaction states of expression.

The evidence of a "feeling" I assumed is personalised through one's state of representation of the "feeling" itself; it has been evaluated and diagnosed within various sectors, medical community, psychiatric, psychology, forenic science, law, mental health, social work, law enforcement, education... etc...

Case note: DSM IV is a widely known medical book used for the purpose of clinically identifying and recogning various degrees of emotions and feelings that lead to abnoraml behaviour or identifying varying degree of behaviour states.

When "feelings" produce extremes in a behaviour state that is identify by an emotion this generates instability of emotions which has been processed by mechanisms of coping. Overall, I assumed that this could be taken as a clear indicator of effect/affect of change that has been triggered by something (environment, hereditary, physiological difficulties, trama etc).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ladyz wrote:
Mr. Williams,
As I understand it:
"Feelings" are outset by awarness or unawareness and this can be process of not digested because it is a sensation of representation.

"Feelings" exist through representations of expression whatever that may be and this produce a state of expression such as a man getting sacked from his job without notice, he may feel guilt if he was already in a state of being that recognised that the job merits importance and he needs it in order to survived. An example is a serial killer who has killed young boys and has been caught by a police officer, he may "feel" indifference toward the indivdiuals he has killed, therefore within the mind, "feelings" are representations of expression: active or inactive.

"Feelings" become process when they are strongly felt through a sensation triggering emotion. And then the feeling that is produced is internalised or externalised thus generating expressions of various types such as: guilty, sadness, blame, anger etc. Emotions are blue prints of a feelings and could be identified as reaction states of expression.

The evidence of a "feeling" I assumed is personalised through one's state of representation of the "feeling" itself; it has been evaluated and diagnosed within various sectors, medical community, psychiatric, psychology, forenic science, law, mental health, social work, law enforcement, education... etc...

Case note: DSM IV is a widely known medical book used for the purpose of clinically identifying and recogning various degrees of emotions and feelings that lead to abnoraml behaviour or identifying varying degree of behaviour states.

When "feelings" produce extremes in a behaviour state that is identify by an emotion this generates instability of emotions which has been processed by mechanisms of coping. Overall, I assumed that this could be taken as a clear indicator of effect/affect of change that has been triggered by something (environment, hereditary, physiological difficulties, trama etc).

How can feelings be used to counter racism (white supremacy)?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ladyz



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the delay Mr. Williams type a response ages ago and my internet wasn't working, however, I assume now that all is well and you may be able to read it.

"Feelings" are often used to combat white supermacy when emotions are activated and those in the masses become aware of the affects of the system that often doesnot benefit the minority example: Dr. King, Mr. Mandela etc. "Feelings could be represented in a suitable way to idenitify to those who truly desire a better society for all to visualised how the system of oppression has effected those poor in the majority and in the minority and when possible an emotive response may occur.

Overall, "feelings" through means of conversation, dialogue, or mass communication can reshape the system where more unaware individuals may become informed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ladyz wrote:
Sorry about the delay Mr. Williams type a response ages ago and my internet wasn't working, however, I assume now that all is well and you may be able to read it.

"Feelings" are often used to combat white supermacy when emotions are activated and those in the masses become aware of the affects of the system that often doesnot benefit the minority example: Dr. King, Mr. Mandela etc. "Feelings could be represented in a suitable way to idenitify to those who truly desire a better society for all to visualised how the system of oppression has effected those poor in the majority and in the minority and when possible an emotive response may occur.

Overall, "feelings" through means of conversation, dialogue, or mass communication can reshape the system where more unaware individuals may become informed.

Are you saying that feelings can be used to counter racism (white supremacy) when a person says and/or does something to counter racism (white supremacy)?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ladyz



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir, I am saying that white racism supermacy can be challenged when a nonwhite person engage in a conversation with a white person. A 'meeting of the minds' takes place and the focus on the conversation centres on race and inequalities and this is where the 'feeling' and 'emotive response' may take place.

Case note: about six months ago, I visited an European relative (by marriage) and this cat wanted to talk about Mr. Michael Jackson and his 'whiteness' and could not understand why I was offended by his interpretation of the man's character or actions, therefore, the only reason why the conversation remain civil is because I didn't become 'emotional'.

The 'feeling' I expressed in Mr. Jackson's defense was merely an argument that reflected the system of oppression which had designated Mr. Jackson as confused and mentally sick person.

I pointed out the obvious with other 'white famous individuals' whom engaged in similar behaviour and used other analogies of references like image reshaping that are typically performed on many European women. This argument was used as a means to idenitify how the masses interpret behaviour of the minority and justify behaviour of the majority .

And this relative could not realistically idenitify or understand why I would not entertain any conversation about a famous African-American male and his behavior so the plight of our discussion only revealed that perceptual difference occured.

Overall, all this cat could do is remain silent and later offer me a gift as a sign of apology because I think eventually he was finally able to understand on a basic level that his reasoning differ because his reality of life is not comparable to a minority and that is something that he was not able to visualised and this is typical behaviour when one is from the majority and has not experienced bad treatment that is usually happens to the minority.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ladyz wrote:
Sir, I am saying that white racism supermacy can be challenged when a nonwhite person engage in a conversation with a white person. A 'meeting of the minds' takes place and the focus on the conversation centres on race and inequalities and this is where the 'feeling' and 'emotive response' may take place.

Case note: about six months ago, I visited an European relative (by marriage) and this cat wanted to talk about Mr. Michael Jackson and his 'whiteness' and could not understand why I was offended by his interpretation of the man's character or actions, therefore, the only reason why the conversation remain civil is because I didn't become 'emotional'.

The 'feeling' I expressed in Mr. Jackson's defense was merely an argument that reflected the system of oppression which had designated Mr. Jackson as confused and mentally sick person.

I pointed out the obvious with other 'white famous individuals' whom engaged in similar behaviour and used other analogies of references like image reshaping that are typically performed on many European women. This argument was used as a means to idenitify how the masses interpret behaviour of the minority and justify behaviour of the majority .

And this relative could not realistically idenitify or understand why I would not entertain any conversation about a famous African-American male and his behavior so the plight of our discussion only revealed that perceptual difference occured.

Overall, all this cat could do is remain silent and later offer me a gift as a sign of apology because I think eventually he was finally able to understand on a basic level that his reasoning differ because his reality of life is not comparable to a minority and that is something that he was not able to visualised and this is typical behaviour when one is from the majority and has not experienced bad treatment that is usually happens to the minority.

Is that a "yes" or a "no" to the question I asked?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ladyz



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the answer to your question sir is yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ladyz wrote:
the answer to your question sir is yes.

Thank you.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Gnomadd



Joined: 03 Aug 2004
Posts: 14
Location: Titan City

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all,

Don't you have to feel (mistreated), to warrant a reaction or counter-reaction?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bapoondiwa



Joined: 02 Nov 2005
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Gnomadd wrote:
Greetings all,

Don't you have to feel (mistreated), to warrant a reaction or counter-reaction?


What is your definition of mistreatment?
_________________
Get Justice or Die Trying
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gnomadd



Joined: 03 Aug 2004
Posts: 14
Location: Titan City

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

bapoondiwa wrote:
Gnomadd wrote:
Greetings all,

Don't you have to feel (mistreated), to warrant a reaction or counter-reaction?


What is your definition of mistreatment?


I'll attempt....

MISTREATMENT: When a person with more power harms another person or thing with less power, and fails to help that person or thing when in need of help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bapoondiwa



Joined: 02 Nov 2005
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Gnomadd wrote:
bapoondiwa wrote:
Gnomadd wrote:
Greetings all,

Don't you have to feel (mistreated), to warrant a reaction or counter-reaction?


What is your definition of mistreatment?


I'll attempt....

MISTREATMENT: When a person with more power harms another person or thing with less power, and fails to help that person or thing when in need of help.


If the above definition of mistreatment is what you mean when you say mistreatment, then regardless of what a person "feels" when a person with more power harms another person or thing with less power, and fails to help that person or thing when in need of help, that person is being mistreated.

What the person "feels" does not factor into the situation. The person might "feel" comfortable, or "feel" depressed, or "feel" happy, but no matter how that person "feels," that person is still being mistreated.
_________________
Get Justice or Die Trying
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations