HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Don't Celebrate anything
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Don't Celebrate anything Reply with quote

Suggestion:
Don't celebrate anything until we are in a SYSTEM of justice.

Reason/Explanation:
To celebrate anything while people are being mistreated for any reason is to celebrate their mistreatment. Until such time as no person is being mistreated and the people who need help the most are getting the most help it is non-justice to celebrate any and all aspects of non-justice.
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you choose not to celebrate with others, some people may be offended.

One way to avoid offending people who want you to celebrate with them during so called "holidays" is to offer to help them solve some problem or repair/correct something that is not functioning correctly.

This format forces both parties to have a clear purpose for their interaction.

This will minimized confusion regarding what will be said and what will be done regarding the interaction.

Josh
RangerX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Celebrate anything Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Suggestion:

Reason/Explanation:
To celebrate anything while people are being mistreated for any reason is to celebrate their mistreatment. Until such time as no person is being mistreated and the people who need help the most are getting the most help it is non-justice to celebrate any and all aspects of non-justice.

What does it mean to Celebrate ?

I say I will no longer celebrate "holidays", but I still meet up with Family to have dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas, meet up with people I have not seen for months or even years, engage in conversations, etc.

Am I celebrating those "Holidays" ?

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webster's New World Dictionary

Celebrate:

2. To commemorate ( an anniversary, holiday, ect) with ceremony or festivity.

4. To mark (a happy occasion) by engaging in some pleasurable activity.

I say in a system of racism White supremacy, this definition is too vague to guarrentee a constructive outcome for non white people.

WHY?

Because "fun", "pleasurable activity", "festivity"...for non white people in a system of racism White supremacy includes too much niggardly behavior:

Gossip

Name calling

nitpicking

complaining (how come he got tha neck bone?--he got it last time...that sorry muhfugga always, bla bla bla...)

Just add alcohol and let simmer and the fight should break out in about 5 minutes.

COUNTER RACIST SUGGESTION:

Non white people should gather together with each other according to these two definitions:

PARTY: One non white male, one non white female.

If a third person shows up,

its a

MEETING: Three or more non white people

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent suggestion.
codebreaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another work day for me.

codebreaker
Trina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

codebreaker wrote:
Just another work day for me.

codebreaker

Me too, just another workday. I stopped celebrating/observing holidays when my offspring was four. He is now twelve. I only observe birthdays by either giving /sending a card or a gift or calling someone to wish them "Happy Birthday". My offspring sometimes ask me why we don't celebrate Christmas or some of the other holidays and I tell him under the system of White Supremacy/Racism nonwhite people have nothing to celebrate and that the holidays have nothing to do with nonwhite(black) people.

Trina
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Don't Celebrate anything Reply with quote

RangerX wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Suggestion:

Reason/Explanation:

What does it mean to Celebrate ?

To memorialize with ceremony or ritual.

RangerX wrote:
I say I will no longer celebrate "holidays", but I still meet up with Family to have dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas, meet up with people I have not seen for months or even years, engage in conversations, etc.

Am I celebrating those "Holidays" ?

-RangerX
RWSWJ

That depends on your definition of "celebrate".

Meeting with people to talk or eat is not a new thing. I meet with people on the day referred to as Christmas but I don't give or receive "gifts", I don't buy a Christmas tree, I don't sing Christmas carols, I don't drink egg nog, etc., the things that are thought of as "giving honor to" the celebration of the day and what it represents.

I have found that what is referred to as Thanksgiving and Christmas are excellent times for me to talk to people about solving problems.
Karim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Celebrate anything Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Suggestion:

Reason/Explanation:
Another great suggestion... would be to ask people what are they celebrating? And Why? And leave it at that.

I have actually witness cases where the person known the event was non-constructive and proceed to enact the day out as clock-work.

I'm asking him... why do you have a tree with lights up?

He reponded... because I want to.

Come to think about, before trying to cut out holy-days, I suggest people cut out all non-constructive activites in thier lives, on day that are not deemed holy-days.

Case and point,

Non-white person: Why are you buying a X-box

2nd Non-white person: because I want to.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Celebrate anything Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Suggestion:

Reason/Explanation:
Another great suggestion... would be to ask people what are they celebrating? And Why? And leave it at that.

I have actually witness cases where the person known the event was non-constructive and proceed to enact the day out as clock-work.

I'm asking him... why do you have a tree with lights up?

He reponded... because I want to.

Come to think about, before trying to cut out holy-days, I suggest people cut out all non-constructive activites in thier lives, on day that are not deemed holy-days.

Case and point,

Non-white person: Why are you buying a X-box

2nd Non-white person: because I want to.

Yes...excellent suggestion.
Wickett Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few questions. I hope you can further my understanding.

1. Are there productive reasons to use rituals to use of various kinds to mark important events?

2. Does the process of conducting the rituals to mark specific events(which may include collective singing, dancing, eating foods specific to the ritual, performing re-inactments, speeches) also strenghthen bonds b/n members of extended clan?

3. If a clan is able to justify its existence and purpose as a tool to counter the destructive effects of WS, should all activities that strengthen the clan be encouraged?
Any use of the word, "Nigger(s)" translates into the following statement: "Consciously or subconsciously, I am helping to maintain the local, national, global system of Racism (White Supremacy)". ~ Dr. Francis C. Welsing
cuban

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally disagree with this notion. You sound like one unhappy individual (or one with a low self-esteem for that matter). Happy occasions occur like birthdays and holidays in which it is appropriate to have a celebration. If you or your friends are being mistreated based on your race, that shouldn't stop you from living your life. If you are truly confident in yourself, you're not going to let life's little problems get you down and prevent you from having a celebration.
mel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
cuban wrote:
I totally disagree with this notion. You sound like one unhappy individual (or one with a low self-esteem for that matter). Happy occasions occur like birthdays and holidays in which it is appropriate to have a celebration. If you or your friends are being mistreated based on your race, that shouldn't stop you from living your life. If you are truly confident in yourself, you're not going to let life's little problems get you down and prevent you from having a celebration.

cuban are you a White person?!

&

What is your Counter Racist Strategy and/or Suggestion?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Wickett Fan wrote:
I have a few questions. I hope you can further my understanding.

1. Are there productive reasons to use rituals to use of various kinds to mark important events?

I don't know.

Wickett Fan wrote:
2. Does the process of conducting the rituals to mark specific events(which may include collective singing, dancing, eating foods specific to the ritual, performing re-inactments, speeches) also strenghthen bonds b/n members of extended clan?

According to compensatory counter-racist logic, which uses the "open-air" method, each individual person is a "clan" or "organization". The leader of that "clan" or "organization" is compensatory counter-racist logic. This means you only need to bond with yourself.

Wickett Fan wrote:
3. If a clan is able to justify its existence and purpose as a tool to counter the destructive effects of WS, should all activities that strengthen the clan be encouraged?

Each individual person that is a victim of racism (white supremacy) is qualified to say and/or do whatever they deem necessary in response to racism (white supremacy) without being critiqued by another victim of racism (white supremacy). This is called VGQ. Meaning each individual non-white person has VGQ. The individual non-white person can encourage themselves if they see fit or discourage themselves as they see fit. They are their own "organization" or "clan".
Wickett Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:

Wickett Fan wrote:

According to compensatory counter-racist logic, which uses the "open-air" method, each individual person is a "clan" or "organization". The leader of that "clan" or "organization" is compensatory counter-racist logic. This means you only need to bond with yourself.

I realize N. Fuller is not big on "family"... a man can only be true to his own experience. However, his reasoning seems to be based on an overemphasis on pathology and dysfunction. How can I or anyone follow his logic if this is not how ones own family relates? How can anyone accept "you only need to bond with yourself" when this flies in the face of 200,000 years of human experience that tells us we need these bonds for survival? Why is "if we do not hang together, we will hang separately" incorrect, but [if we hang together, we will hang] correct?

Wickett Fan wrote:

Each individual person that is a victim of racism (white supremacy) is qualified to say and/or do whatever they deem necessary in response to racism (white supremacy) without being critiqued by another victim of racism (white supremacy). This is called VGQ. Meaning each individual non-white person has VGQ. The individual non-white person can encourage themselves if they see fit or discourage themselves as they see fit. They are their own "organization" or "clan".

Any use of the word, "Nigger(s)" translates into the following statement: "Consciously or subconsciously, I am helping to maintain the local, national, global system of Racism (White Supremacy)". ~ Dr. Francis C. Welsing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: