HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Trying To Find Out Who The White People Are?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Trying To Find Out Who The White People Are? Reply with quote

This is a conversation I was having via e-mail that resulted from me posting on the NOAH website. This person felt "the need" to contact me for whatever reason.

X X wrote:
Why are you harassing the people with albinism on the NOAH website?

I totally respect your mission, but when I read those posts, it just seems like harassment, and that you are persecuting people who get enough of it as it is.

Why not target white non-albinos? Aren't they the ones you really need to get through to? Why people with albinism? They are just trying to reach out, and connect with each other, and talk about their lives. They don't need to be harassed. Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully yours,
X X

My response:

Edward Williams wrote:
Thank you girlblue77.

Are you a white person?

Edward Williams

The reply:

X X wrote:
I am assuming that by "white" person you are referring to race, but race is a social construct, and therefore impossible to define scientifically. Therefore, I am confused as to what you are actually asking me, and how to answer your question. How do I know if I am what you define as a "white" person? And why do you want to know?

For someone who is trying to eliminate racism in society, I find it ironic that you seem so fixated on categorizing people based on race. Is there nothing else about people that you find interesting or relevant?

My response:

Edward Williams wrote:
Sure, I find lots of things interesting about people. If I'm discussing pets with people I ask them what pet do they have. If I'm discussing cars with people I ask them what kind of car do they have. It is only logical that if I'm discussing race with people that I ask them if they are a white person.

Do you know whether you are a white person or not?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Edward Williams

The reply:

X X wrote:
why don't we just cut to the chase. why don't you tell me what you're
trying to prove, and i'll just be up front and tell you if i agree or
disagree. no cryptic conversations, beating around the bush, or
game-playing.

if you want to know if i'm "white", you have to tell me what you mean
by that. it was YOUR question.

My response:

Edward Williams wrote:
I don't know what a white person is. People who say they are white generally respond like you have when the topic is racism (white supremacy) and I ask them if they are a white person. There are people who say they are white but I don't know what they mean when they say that.

Do you know whether you are a white person or not?

Edward Williams

No reply.

This conversation could've gone in a lot of different directions. The objective for me is to use the least amount of words to have the greatest impact on the revelation of truth in a manner that justice is promoted.

The NOAH website is a website about "Albinism". There is a thread entitled "People of Color with Albinism" which strikes me as odd in that whenever I ask white people how they know they are white they usually respond by saying "my skin is white"...not on this website. A person with "Albinism", whether white or non-white, has the same skin pigmentation or lack thereof. I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to help the people who need help the most (non-white people with "Albinism") by revealing truth in a manner that justice is promoted.

THE LOGIC is that if white people with "Albinism" have "white skin" then non-white people with "Albinism" have white skin.

And...

If white people without "Albinism" have "white skin" then non-white people with "Albinism" have white skin.

So how does a white person with "Albinism" know they are a white person? How does a non-white person with "Albinism" know they are not a white person with "Albinism". More importantly, how does a white person with "Albinism" know another person with "Albinism" is not a white person?

It ain't got nothing to do with melanin!

Follow THE LOGIC.

One person ( a non-white male) even started a thread entitled "How Important Is Melanin". I responded I don't know, it doesn't stop bullets. In fact it appears to draw bullets to it. In some cases 49 or more.

People are treated or mistreated when they interact with each other and it has nothing to do with who your parents are. No one has ever asked me if my parents were white before I got mistreated on the basis of color. Has anyone ever asked you if your parents were white before they mistreated you on the basis of color?

The person who contacted me via e-mail has not yet responded but I suspect they will. I kept the responses straight and to the point and asked a lot of questions. Reveal truth in a manner that justice is promoted or stop talking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: