HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

The Case of the Smiling White Women

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: The Case of the Smiling White Women Reply with quote

I have observed that when a nonwhite male is entering an area populated with white people, the nonwhite male is greeted by a white woman with both a large smile and an exaggerated wave of the hands. This behavior is not displayed when a white male enters the same area.

The smile that I observe in this situation is also the same smile that I see on the face of white women when they are in the presence of a nonwhite male with whom they are involved in a relationship.

This mysterious smile is not observed on white females when they are dealing with white males.

Has any other nonwhite observed this behavior?
What does the smile stand for?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: The Case of the Smiling White Women Reply with quote

Dot wrote:
I have observed that when a nonwhite male is entering an area populated with white people, the nonwhite male is greeted by a white woman with both a large smile and an exaggerated wave of the hands. This behavior is not displayed when a white male enters the same area.

The smile that I observe in this situation is also the same smile that I see on the face of white women when they are in the presence of a nonwhite male with whom they are involved in a relationship.

This mysterious smile is not observed on white females when they are dealing with white males.

Very interesting questions Dot. First order of business is are you a white person?
Dot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Dot wrote:
no

Thank you for answering my question. As for the questions you've posed I see white people smile all the time...but it don't mean they ain't gonna mistreat me on the basis of color.

Perhaps you should perform a counter-racist scientific experiment and ask the white people questions that are designed to revel truth in a manner that justice is promoted relating to what that smile is all about.

Has anyone else seen this?
Dot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Dot wrote:
no

Thank you for answering my question. As for the questions you've posed I see white people smile all the time...but it don't mean they ain't gonna mistreat me on the basis of color.

Perhaps you should perform a counter-racist scientific experiment and ask the white people questions that are designed to revel truth in a manner that justice is promoted relating to what that smile is all about.

I am fortunate to be in a position in which I am able to study white people on a daily basis. I have been in this situation for two years so I can tell the difference between a normal smile and the variation of the smile I see in the situation that I described.

Also, what I have found out is that white people will not give a nonwhite person direct information. They have ways of manipulating the English language so as to hide the truth. The only time I have observed white people speaking directly is when they are interacting with each other and do not realize that a nonwhite person is around.

Also they do not answer with a definite yes or no when asked yes or no questions so performing a scientific study will be time consuming without aid from other nonwhites.

Has any other nonwhite person witnessed this behavior?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Dot wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Dot wrote:
no

I am fortunate to be in a position in which I am able to study white people on a daily basis. I have been in this situation for two years so I can tell the difference between a normal smile and the variation of the smile I see in the situation that I described.

Also, what I have found out is that white people will not give a nonwhite person direct information. They have ways of manipulating the English language so as to hide the truth. The only time I have observed white people speaking directly is when they are interacting with each other and do not realize that a nonwhite person is around.

Also they do not answer with a definite yes or no when asked yes or no questions so performing a scientific study will be time consuming without aid from other nonwhites.

You can write your own experiment and run it anytime you choose to. There are counter-racist experiments in the Counter-Racism Science Project forum that can be used as examples.

Yes, I have observed white people not directly answering a "yes" or "no" question. I say directly because I have found that some of the questions I thought were "yes" or "no" questions turned out not to be. Once I altered the question I got the answer form I hypothesized.
yt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Case of the Smiling White Women Reply with quote

Dot wrote:

I am a white male. I have not observed the behavior in question, but I am not around very many black males.

Perhaps the observation that the wave is "exaggerated" suggests some kind of uneasiness.
yt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Dot wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Dot wrote:
no

As the subject of some of those questions in the racismonline forums, I can say from personal experience that just because the person asking the question wants a yes or no answer does not make it a yes or no question. Sometimes it is necessary to provide more details to answer the question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: