HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

What is a Black person?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: What is a Black person? Reply with quote

I think I have the beginings of a counter racist science experiment but I need a little help. I had a conversation with a another Black person inwhich I pointed out the functional connection between being a Black person and being a victim of racism White supremacy.

The person was in disagreement with me and countered with arguements based on the 2nd aspect of being a Blk person: factors associatted with how you function

dark skin

"bushy" hair...

This got me thinking about a peice of code:

"when a White person says another person is not White, they are indicating the person is qualified to be mistreated on the basis of color"

This statement caused me to think about all the times White people told me things like:

"I don't really think of you as Black"

"Your not really Black"

"your different"

The White people who made these statements were always my "White friends"

Do you all see a connection between these statements White people make and the peice of code we came up with?

Josh
RangerX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is interesting.

I was in a similar situation.

I asked a White Person, What is a White Person ?

White Person said "A Person who is Not Black"

Now after several hours of a "Racism Discussion", the White Person kept on insisting that I was not "Black":

"You are not Black"

"You do not have the same features as them"

"You are not Black! You are ------> (one of those "sub-catagories on the census forms)"

Quote:
The White people who made these statements were always my "White friends" -Josh

Same here.

The Next question I should've asked (which I thought up months after my contact with this person was completely disconnected) is:

"Am I a White Person ?"

Get to the bottom line:

Are You a White Person or a Non-White Person ?

Quote:
Do you all see a connection between these statements White people make and the peice of code we came up with? -Josh

Me personally, Not yet.

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"when a White person says another person is not White, they are indicating the person is qualified to be mistreated on the basis of color"

Thats the peice of code.

Now if I stand on the corner with a White *friend* and I point at a Black person and say: "is that a Black person?", they will say yes.

Then if I ask them: "am I a Black person?", they run that "game":

"wellllll...I don't really think of you as Black"

"Your not really Black"

"your different"

I suspect this is what White females say to White supremacists who oppose their sexual activities with Blk males:

"I don't really think of him as Black"

"he's not really Black"

"he's different"

Translation: "Don't worry, I still mistreat people on the basis of color...just not MY nigger"

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Quote:

Thats the peice of code.

Josh

Josh,

Is that a re-statement of what has been stated before that when a white person will not say of another person is a white person it may be because they understand they are being asked if they will mistreat that person on the basis of color?
RangerX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the clarification.

I am beginning to understand and realize what took place and what takes place in a relationship between a White Person and a Non-White Person (the Power Dynamics, the deception, etc).

Quote:
Translation: "Don't worry, I still mistreat people on the basis of color...just not MY nigger"

I suspect that is one of the crucial pieces of Code that many Non-White People are not aware of when in a relationship with a White Person,

I know cause I was not aware of that myself !

Again, I would ask the White Person(s):

"If I am not Black, Am I a White Person ?"

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a re-statement of what has been stated before that when a white person will not say of another person is a white person it may be because they understand they are being asked if they will mistreat that person on the basis of color? --VGOD

Yes, I altered the language slightly:

to demonstrate the "wiggle room" as in "yeah...I think some OTHER White person might mistreat them...but not ME"

"qualified"

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Is that a re-statement of what has been stated before that when a white person will not say of another person is a white person it may be because they understand they are being asked if they will mistreat that person on the basis of color? --VGOD

Yes, I altered the language slightly:

to demonstrate the "wiggle room" as in "yeah...I think some OTHER White person might mistreat them...but not ME"

"qualified"

Josh

I initially thought this was an excellent alteration...but I've thought about this in depth and decided it generalizes the focus of the white person I'm talking to. It takes the focus off the white person I'm talking to and places it on any white person that may choose to practice white supremacy (racism). The statement I made previously, in another thread, is that when a white person classifies another person as non-white that white person is saying they will mistreat the person they classified as non-white on the basis of color. Or if a white person classifies another person as white that white person is saying they will not mistreat the person they classified as white on the basis of color. Now this could be incorrect...but why classify that person as non-white or white?

This alteration does have value but when I'm speaking with a white person that is classifying another person as white or non-white I want to keep the focus on them.
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This alteration does have value but when I'm speaking with a white person that is classifying another person as white or non-white I want to keep the focus on them

Yes, that is a better suggestion.

I have noticed in most of my conversations with White people regarding the subject of racism that they begin to speak "in the third person"; often using the word "they".

If you don't stay focused on the White person you are speaking with, you increase your workload by shifting the focus to a person who is not there to speak for him or herself.

When seeking information regarding racism White supremacy from White people, aim your questions directly at the White person you are speaking with.

Otherwise you may find yourself in a debate with a White person over whether or not "Casper" was a friendly ghost.

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: