HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Telling, Training, Testing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Telling, Training, Testing Reply with quote

Suggestion:
Always ask for training on how to do something you have been assigned to do.

Reason/Explanation:
Usually, for non-white people that have been assigned tasks by white people, you will be told what to do (given an assignment) and then tested on how you perform the task. Most often times the non-white person fails the task when tested on it. Most often times the non-white person is not told they have failed the test of a task assigned to them until the Performance Review comes around and they are told they have performance problems.

Usually, for non-white people that have been assigned tasks by white people, it is rarely explained, in detail, how you should perform the task and/or given explicit training to perform the task.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Telling, Training, Testing Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Suggestion:
Always ask for training on how to do something you have been assigned to do.

Reason/Explanation:
Usually, for non-white people that have been assigned tasks by white people, you will be told what to do (given an assignment) and then tested on how you perform the task. Most often times the non-white person fails the task when tested on it. Most often times the non-white person is not told they have failed the test of a task assigned to them until the Performance Review comes around and they are told they have performance problems.

Usually, for non-white people that have been assigned tasks by white people, it is rarely explained, in detail, how you should perform the task and/or given explicit training to perform the task.

Virtual_GOD wrote:

This is an excellent illustration of Standard Racist Procedure in the workplace. I've observed this to have two basic phases:

#1 THE SET UP

Virtual_GOD wrote:
you will be told what to do (given an assignment) and then tested on how you perform the task.

This may be one of the most common ways non white people experience mistreatment based on COLOR (Racism) in the workplace.

Right from the jump, v_god's quote sounds suspicious because it isn't logical to test or evaluate anyone, white or non white, without first ensuring that they have been properly trained.

That's like a teacher testing students on material that he/she hasn't taught, then failing them...

The 5th Amendment refers to due process of law., meaning doing thing in the correct way. Not just any old way, the correct way.

I suspect If you are in the workplace and are being tested without first being properly trained someone may subvertinging your duties to the agency as well as your duty to protect and defend the constitution of the United States.

If you are in the workplace and are being tested without first being properly trained, you may want to ask your superior advisor:

Sir/Madamam according to Articlece V of the United States Constitution is it correct for me to be tested before I am properly trained?

If you continue to be tested withouth being properly trained, it is likely you are being SET UP for phase two:

#2 THE KILL

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Most often times the non-white person fails the task when tested on it. Most often times the non-white person is not told they have failed the test of a task assigned to them until the Performance Review comes around and they are told they have performance problems.

This is when it get serious.

It's like failing a test you never knew you took. Or being ridiculed for failing a test on material you were never taught.

This also appears to be in conflict with due process. In addition, if this type of activity occurs specifically to a non white person presumably on the basis of COLOR, that would be in conflict with the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution referring to equal protecton under the law.

If you recognize this type of behavior toward you in the workplace, beware, you may be targeted for termination.

According to The Logic:

1.Telling (Being told your assighned to do)

2. Training (Being instructed HOW to properly perform your assighnment.)

3. Testing (Being evaluated on what you have been Trained.)

That's how you promote JUSTICE and Counter-Racsim at the same time.

smallz
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. Training (Being instructed HOW to properly perform your assighnment.)

This step could be could be the most difficult for a non white person if they are dealing with a White supremacist.

Why?

Because the White supremacist may withhold one or more critical components of the training process in an attempt to make sure the non white person cannot DO as many things as a White person.

They may "throw" so many words at you that you don't even realize critical information is missing.

The way I solve this problem is by increasing my "conceptual thinking" abilities.

I find out what the concept is and work to make it a reality.

This is difficult for many non white people because it requires them to determine and arrange the logical process for getting something done; It requires them to write a PROGRAM.

I had some training early on in conceptual thinking.

As a child my father would instruct my to "police the back yard". A "policed yard" was a concept my dad had which meant the back yard was in correct condition.

He would not tell me EXACTLY what to do in order to create a "policed back yard", he did not give me a "checklist".

I was given a concept.

So what I would do is collect all tools and return them to their correct place, sweep, rake, remove debri from yard...put trash cans back...park all bikes, skateboards...put lawn chairs and benches in correct places...

In other words make it so when he came out; he couldn't say anything ecxept: "good job".

The key to this skill of conceptual thinking is understanding and following the concept.

Which relates to this step:

Quote:
1.Telling (Being told your assighned to do)

In other words, what is the concept--what is it you are being told/asked to DO that is not already done?

Once you understand the concept you may want to create your own program for getting it done in the BEST way.

My experiences as a victim of racism White supremacy forced me to refine this skill of conceptual thinking.

Why?

Because many times a White supremacist in the work place would not train me to do a job correctly; they have no problem throwing my ass in a position when the White person doesn't show up...but as far as training...

Nope.

Somebody is drowning and the lifeguard is late to work?

"just throw tha nigger in"

"but he can't swim"

"well lets see if he can figure out how...throw him in"

(((shakin my head)))

Conceptual thinking forces you to ASK QUESTIONS!

For example:

3 White males called me in the office one day and asked me if I wanted a "promotion" by functioning as a salesman to non white people for the company.

They wanted a Black person to talk non white people into choosing their company for contract work.

(they began the conversation by asking me if I would like to play the "race card")

No lie, thats exactly what they said.

Now this is an example of code by necessity...this is way before Fuller, Welsing...

I told them I would consider it if I was given a written description of all the equipment, capabilities and services their company can provide, along with pricing...

Guess what?

They never mentioned it again.

I needed certain information in order to make the concept of Black people choosing the company a reality.

I asked for that information.

They withheld that information.

It all comes down to purpose.

What is a person TRYING TO DO?

I have even witnessed White people using SOME counter racist language but NOT following the concept ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

(The Tim Wise strategy)

The concept of counter racism is to REPLACE WHITE SUPREMACY WITH JUSTICE.

What are the logical steps for making that a reality?

Non white people can operate from concepts and write their own programs to make a concept a reality.

We do it all the time

Brother walks into a night club and sees a fine sexy female.

His concept (at its root) is to have that female in his house, in his bed.... (I will spare you the details)

Everything he does from that point on is based on making his concept a reality.

He's gonna try and figure out the BEST way to do it in the LEAST amount of time.

I have witnessed this with my own eyes!

Matter of fact, Ive done it!

The question every person must ask themselves is:

What concept are you trying to make a reality?

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: