HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Racism White Supremacy Benifits Analysis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Racism White Supremacy Benifits Analysis Reply with quote

Racism White Supremacy Benefits Analysis

This experiment is designed to demonstrate that all White people benefit from the existence of a system of racism White supremacy; even those White people who claim not to participate in the practice of it.

OBSERVED PHENOMENON: In a system of racism White supremacy ALL White people benefit from the existence of the system whether they practice racism White supremacy or not.

HYPOTHESIS: Those who function as White persons in a system of racism White supremacy will resist taking actions that retard their ability to function as White persons in a system of racism White supremacy (counter racism ).

EXPERIMENT:

1. Ask a White person who says they are a racist, why they practice racism. (the benefit)

2. Ask the same White person if some other White person can get the "benefit" without practicing racism.

(note to counter racist scientist: I have not conducted this experiment yet except in my mind; but I suspect the outcome will show evidence that all White people benefit from the existence of a system of racism White supremacy. Including those White people who can't and or won't practice it.

For those of you who say my hypothesis does not match my experiment; the answer you get to question #2 should be a lie)

Josh

Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
OBSERVED PHENOMENON: In a system of racism White supremacy ALL White people benefit from the existence of the system whether they practice racism White supremacy or not.

I suspect your Observed Phenomenon is correct. This is the reason the first two identifiers in the definition of a white person are:

(1) Classifies themselves as white and have been classified as white
(2) Accepted as white by other people classified as white

At this point there is benefit from being a white person without the person actually saying and/or doing anything. These two identifiers alone are functional. At this point the person no longer, if ever, is being mistreated on the basis of color by white people.

Other questions are:

What are the logical mechanics for white people benefiting from non-white people being harmed?

Who gives white people "white privilege"?
[I suspect "white privilege" is the result (benefit) of white people practicing white supremacy (racism)]
cloudsong

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being classified as white, I agree that I have never been mistreated on the basis of color. And I have benefitted from non-white people being mistreated. I do believe with all my heart I would benefit in a far greater way from non-white people NOT being mistreated.

White people benefit in short term ways -- I can name a lot of little ways, like when I was in a car crash and the two young women in the car I hit were non-white. The officer's treatment of me versus them was so different.

I don't know if my naming examples is wanted or relevant. I think the question I would like to put in white peoples' minds is, how much MORE would we ALL benefit from everyone in the world being at their full potential???

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism White Supremacy Benifits Analysis Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
HYPOTHESIS: Those who function as White persons in a system of racism White supremacy will resist taking actions that retard their ability to function as White persons in a system of racism White supremacy (counter racism ).

I suspect your Hypothesis is correct. This experiment should be interesting. It has relevance in the Can White People Stop Practicing White Supremacy (Racism)? experiment and the Counter-Racist White Person experiment.

A lot of white will say they benefit. That is what the entire discussion about "white privilege" is all about...white people talking about the effect of white supremacy (racism). What white people do not talk about with non-white people are the logical mechanics that have to take place that result in the effect of white people being able to benefit. Somebody has got to be maintaining this supreme SYSTEM...and logically speaking it has to be white people...something that is said by white people and something that is done by white people.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The logical mechanics are apparent, V-God -- that's the way I know them, I see them. No one has told me them.

The logical mechanics are: imprison non-white men at much higher rates, dump toxic substances in non-white communities, put non-white countries heavily in debt...

... encourage non-white people to hate each other, tell them everything that has resulted from their mistreatment is their own fault, pay some of them to say these things about themselves, pay some of them well to produce music that degrades them...

... practice discimination in hiring and job promotions in ways so subtle you can get away with it, charge them higher interest rates for loans and find ways to turn them down for loans, disenfranchise them at the voting booth...

ONE MILLION black people were disenfranchised in the last election. How many people even know that statistic? That's another logical mechanic -- you control the media.

I can name a lot of other logical mechanics is this is on the track of what you want a white person to tell you.

cloudsong
cloudsong

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you like me to name more logical mechanics? Is this helpful information?

cloudsong
cloudsong

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most white people do NOT think they are maintaining this supreme system.

Educating them is a challenge. When I ask someone who works at DuPont if he is maintaining the system of white supremacy, and he looks at me like I am crazy, ... well, there's a long way to go.

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Josh wrote:

I suspect your Observed Phenomenon is correct. This is the reason the first two identifiers in the definition of a white person are:

At this point there is benefit from being a white person without the person actually saying and/or doing anything. These two identifiers alone are functional. At this point the person no longer, if ever, is being mistreated on the basis of color by white people.

Other questions are:

What are the logical mechanics for white people benefiting from non-white people being harmed?

[I suspect "white privilege" is the result (benefit) of white people practicing white supremacy (racism)]

This post should say the following:

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Josh wrote:

At this point there is benefit from being a white person without the person actually practicing white supremacy (racism). These two identifiers alone are functional. At this point the person no longer, if ever, is being mistreated on the basis of color by white people and in effect functions as a white person.

In a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) a white person does not necessarily have to practice white supremacy (racism) to be a white person. The first two identifiers are enough for the person to benefit from being a white person. That is as far as non-white people can go because non-white people cannot prove that a white person is a white supremacist (racist). Since non-white people cannot prove that a white person is a white supremacist (racist), all white people that are able to practice white supremacy (racism) is a racist suspect.

White people are not racist suspects to other white people because white people can prove that another white person is a white supremacist (racist).

Other questions are:

salt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your counter-racist science project?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

salt wrote:
What is your counter-racist science project?

My post is in response to Josh's Counter-Racist Science Project entitled Racism White Supremacy Benefits Analysis.

One of the things we should be doing on this Counter-Racism Work/Study Project is producing counter-racist code and helping others to purify code that is submitted as a suggestion. I submitted several questions to Josh to consider in his science project...questions that I have used in similar science projects.

Others should also help to suggest questions and/or their Counter-Racist Science Project under the same thread if it is a similar or the same science project that they have run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: