HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Don't Debate the Existence of Racism (White Supremacy)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Don't Debate the Existence of Racism (White Supremacy) Reply with quote

Suggested Counter-Racist strategy for discussing the SYSTEM of Racism (White Supremacy) with a person who holds that it does not exist :
DON'T!

Reason/Explanation:
Someone who doesn't 'see' that the SYSTEM of White Supremacy (Racism) exists is someone who doesn't see it. Debate cannot change what a person sees, hears, feels (by physical touch), tastes, or smells. As insane or illogical as it may be, I am free to try to engage anyone I choose in a debate over what temperature feels cold/hot . It is a service to the unsuspecting sane person, however, to be warned that I am standing around the corner unproductively gobbling up the time and energy of others. The insanity of debating sensory perceptions is exceeded only by the insanity of debating that insanity.

Last edited by HelixHair on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:10 am; edited 8 times in total
Karim

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Steal My Soul wrote:
Yes. Don't listen to anyone else's opinions because free thought is overrated anyway. Who needs free thought when we can all be good little automatons like Helixhair and not listen to anyone else.

Just like Karim says "I don't care"

WHAT A GREAT ATTITUDE!!
That will really get you far.
((shakes my head))
I do what is nessary for Justice.

"Are white people pure evil?"--- Neely Fuller

I think so...
Karim

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Steal My Soul wrote:
Karim wrote:
Steal My Soul wrote:
Yes. Don't listen to anyone else's opinions because free thought is overrated anyway. Who needs free thought when we can all be good little automatons like Helixhair and not listen to anyone else.

Just like Karim says "I don't care"

WHAT A GREAT ATTITUDE!!
That will really get you far.
((shakes my head))
I do what is nessary for Justice.

"Are white people pure evil?"--- Neely Fuller

I think so...

that is possibly the most racist thing ive ever seen
Having fun...?

I'm not.
Karim

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Steal My Soul wrote:
I guess I was wrong about you after all
I guess you were... I don't like to try to pick and choose who practice racism or not... all are in my book...

To cut cancer out you cut everything out surrounding it...
Karim

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Cone_Head#1 wrote:
I smell the Nation of Islam...... lemme guess, black people created white people too.
Do you believe racism/white supremacy exist?
Karim

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Cone_Head#1 wrote:
Karim wrote:
Cone_Head#1 wrote:
I smell the Nation of Islam...... lemme guess, black people created white people too.

As an all pervading system that is subconciously in the minds of all whites, no. In isolated incidents where individuals have picked up a hate for non-whites, sure.
Thank you
HelixHair

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Cone_Head#1 wrote:
Karim wrote:

As an all pervading system that is subconciously in the minds of all whites, no. In isolated incidents where individuals have picked up a hate for non-whites, sure.

[Note to non-white readers:]
If you ask a white person whether something is or is not the case, be sure you define, as precisely as you can, what that something is. If you do not define it precisely, and the white person you've asked is a Racist (White Suremacist), he/she will likely answer a different question than the one you have asked without you knowing it. This will be done deliberately to mislead you. You could later say or do things based upon an answer, especially in the workplace, that the Racist will plausibly deny he/she said ---and other racist suspects will back her/him up.

The above quotes may be an example of this phenomenon. When asking a white person if she/he *agrees that White Supremacy (Racism) exists, it is suggested that the definition linked in this sentence be specified as part of the question. When it is not possible to conveniently reference the definition by url linkage (for instance, when not on the internet), it is suggested that this wording is used:

"Do you, (NAME) , agree that there exists a behavioral system that guarantees that all persons in the known universe who are not classified as “white”, by the most powerful of those persons who so classify THEMSELVES, are mistreated or denied help on the basis of color and/or factors associated with color?"

*It is suggested that the word "agree" be used instead of the word "believe." The use of the word "believe" may suggest that there is not conclusive evidence upon which to base a statement and that the matter is dependent upon emotion and/or a "positive attitude."

Last edited by HelixHair on Mon May 10, 2004 8:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Debate the Existence of Racism (White Supremacy) Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Suggested Counter-Racist strategy for discussing Racism (White Supremacy) with a person who holds that it does not exist :
DON'T!

Reason/Explanation:
Someone who doesn't "see" that White Supremacy (Racism) exists is someone who doesn't see it. Logic and reason cannot change what a person sees, hears, feels(by physical touch), tastes, or smells. I am free to try to engage anyone I choose in a debate over what temperature feels cold/hot as insane or illogical as such an activity may be. It is a service to the unsuspecting sane person, however, to be warned that I am standing around the corner unproductively gobbling up the time and energy of others. The insanity of debating sensory perceptions is exceeded only by the insanity of debating that insanity.

I agree.
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed an interesting dynamic that often occurs when non white people debate the relevance of racism in their lives.

This dynamic usually presents when you try to get a non white person to understand that racism IS White supremacy.

Not:

"sometimes"

Not:

sorta

Not:

"kinda"...

But

WHITE SUPREMACY :the direct or indirect subjugation of all "non white" people by white people, for the basic purpose of "pleasing" and/or serving any or all "white" persons, at all times, in all places, and in all areas of activity, including Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex and war.

What the non white person will often say is: "racism is not everything...its not the whole world... you think about racism all the time..."

What they are really saying is "I only think about racism when Im affected by it"

And I respond by saying: "me too"

This is why it is so critical for a non white person to have a definition of White supremacy that reveals its dimensions.

Without it, a non white person "thinks" their mistreatment in the system is limited to when they think about it.

And guess who they "think" is makin em "think" about it?

Exactly!

You!

Ergo the ill-logic non white people use to "think" racism is NOT White supremacy (and by logical progression..."anybody can practice it)

My counter racism strategy to get around this "racial paradox" is to remind the non white person that you too ONLY think about racism when it affects you.

which in a system of racism White supremacy is what?

exactly,

all the time.

Josh
Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Don't Debate the Existence of Racism (White Supremacy) Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Suggested Counter-Racist strategy for discussing Racism (White Supremacy) with a person who holds that it does not exist :
DON'T!

Reason/Explanation:
Someone who doesn't "see" that White Supremacy (Racism) exists is someone who doesn't see it. Logic and reason cannot change what a person sees, hears, feels(by physical touch), tastes, or smells. As insane or illogical as it may be, I am free to try to engage anyone I choose in a debate over what temperature feels cold/hot . It is a service to the unsuspecting sane person, however, to be warned that I am standing around the corner unproductively gobbling up the time and energy of others. The insanity of debating sensory perceptions is exceeded only by the insanity of debating that insanity.

This is just an excuse for not being able to use logic and reason to make your point. Yes, indeed, logic and reason could change what a person thinks, but in order for that to happen, there must be logic and reason employed in the debate.
Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
My counter racism strategy to get around this "racial paradox" is to remind the non white person that you too ONLY think about racism when it affects you.

which in a system of racism White supremacy is what?

exactly,

all the time.

Actually, it's rarely if ever.
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy, are you a White person?

Josh
James Jones

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:

Josh

In addition to Josh question:

What is your proposed counter-racist strategy or technique?
Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

James Jones wrote:
Josh wrote:

Josh

My technique is to challenge racists about their racist beliefs. That's why I'm here. It's what MLK did on a much,much greater scale.
James Jones

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Guy wrote:
James Jones wrote:
Josh wrote:

Josh

My technique is to challenge racists about their racist beliefs. That's why I'm here. It's what MLK did on a much,much greater scale.

Are you a White person, Guy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: