HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

To Those Who Hold that White Supremacy Does NOT Exist:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karim

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Steal My Soul wrote:
ok seriously
I am not going to define every single word i use
you're going to have to start relying on a dictionary

sorry that is just a pet peeve of mine
I don't want to put words in your mouth... so you use the word, define it...

Simple!!!
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it went to a new page but i defined it on the last one for you
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and don't patronize me
if you want me to do something just ask clearly
you dont have to say it in a smug and condescending way

edit: i just realized how hypocritical that sounds considering what i said , sorry about that
Karim

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Steal My Soul wrote:
but i will define THIS word for you since youre being nice about it

Treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice
Now who has the power to treat or consider people based on class or category rather than individual merit?

Example: Do black people have the power to drop bombs on Arabs?
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
Steal My Soul wrote:

Treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice
Now who has the power to treat or consider people based on class or category rather than individual merit?

Everyone has the choice whether or not they want to prejudge someone rather than to get to know them for who they really are. I'll give you an example: You see a white person and immediately you suspect them of being a racist. You don't know what this person is like, or how they were brought up, or what their basic principles are, but you CHOOSE to suspect them as being a racist simply because they are white.
Karim wrote:
Are you saying that people that are not white lack the ability to fly a plane and press a button to drop a bomb? I think black people can and do drop bombs on Arabs as well as make the DECISION to drop said bombs(The secretary of state is a black man who advised the president in this time of war given his background of being a general in a a previous war where he commanded bombs to be dropped on arabs)
Karim

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I see no fruit in this conversation... you said
Steal My Soul wrote:
Everyone has the choice whether or not they want to prejudge someone rather than to get to know them for who they really are. I'll give you an example: You see a white person and immediately you suspect them of being a racist. You don't know what this person is like, or how they were brought up, or what their basic principles are, but you CHOOSE to suspect them as being a racist simply because they are white.
But does this black person has the power to mistreat this white person?

Example: Change the Law, Tear down their house, Bomb their country, and/or Kill them and say, "I thought they had a WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!!"

Steal My Soul wrote:
Are you saying that people that are not white lack the ability to fly a plane and press a button to drop a bomb? I think black people can and do drop bombs on Arabs as well as make the DECISION to drop said bombs(The secretary of state is a black man who advised the president in this time of war given his background of being a general in a a previous war where he commanded bombs to be dropped on arabs)
Simple question: Who made the first plane?
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
Steal My Soul wrote:

Yes, they do. Anyone can mistreat anyone. It does not matter what the color of their skin is, people will always mistreat other people.
Karim wrote:

Example: Change the Law, Tear down their house, Bomb their country, and/or Kill them and say, "I thought they had a WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!!"

Yes
Karim wrote:

Steal My Soul wrote:

I honestly do not see what someone a hundred some odd years ago has to do with non white people flying planes(which no longer even function the same way) and dropping bombs.
Can you explain the connection?
RangerX

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Steal My Soul wrote:
Karim wrote:
Steal My Soul wrote:

Karim wrote:

Interesting example,

"You see a white person and immediately you suspect them of being a racist. You don't know what this person is like, or how they were brought up, or what their basic principles are, but you CHOOSE to suspect them as being a racist simply because they are white." -Steal My Soul

Nope,

I do not see a White Person

I see a Light Yellow-ish, Light Beige or Brown colored Person who SAYS and Tells ME that they are White, which, judging by what I clearly see right then and there, that is FALSE.

Steal My Soul,

What do White People Mean when they Say they are "White" ?

and How come I aint a "White" Person ?

I know I aint "White" but neither are "White" People!

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Karim

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Steal My Soul wrote:
Karim wrote:
Steal My Soul wrote:

Yes, they do. Anyone can mistreat anyone. It does not matter what the color of their skin is, people will always mistreat other people.
Karim wrote:

Yes
Karim wrote:

Steal My Soul wrote:

I honestly do not see what someone a hundred some odd years ago has to do with non white people flying planes(which no longer even function the same way) and dropping bombs.
(((Shaking my head)))

P.S. Good post HelixHair.... I hope those Who Hold that White Supremacy Does NOT Exist, does now.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

[Note to Counter- Racism practitioners:]

Notice that Steal My Soul has not answered either of the two questions in the post to which he first responded in this thread. (In fact, I have no record or recollection of him answering, as his first response, any question I have asked him.)

See this suggested Counter-Racist strategy for discussing Racism (White Supremacy) with a person who holds that it does not exist.

Last edited by HelixHair on Sat May 08, 2004 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RangerX wrote:
Steal My Soul wrote:
Karim wrote:
Steal My Soul wrote:

Karim wrote:

Interesting example,

"You see a white person and immediately you suspect them of being a racist. You don't know what this person is like, or how they were brought up, or what their basic principles are, but you CHOOSE to suspect them as being a racist simply because they are white." -Steal My Soul

Nope,

I do not see a White Person

I see a Light Yellow-ish, Light Beige or Brown colored Person who SAYS and Tells ME that they are White, which, judging by what I clearly see right then and there, that is FALSE.

Steal My Soul,

What do White People Mean when they Say they are "White" ?

and How come I aint a "White" Person ?

I know I aint "White" but neither are "White" People!

-RangerX
RWSWJ

thats funny rangerx because when i asked the same question(what makes a white person white in relation to what do white people mean when they say they are white) i was met with immediate critisim and labled evading the question and a suspect racist

but im sure you know what i mean when i say white and are just saying this to draw out yet another simple conversation
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
Steal My Soul wrote:
Karim wrote:
Steal My Soul wrote:

Karim wrote:

Yes
Karim wrote:

Steal My Soul wrote:

(((Shaking my head)))

P.S. Good post HelixHair.... I hope those Who Hold that White Supremacy Does NOT Exist, does now.

thanks for not only not answering my question about planes
but completely avoiding it by making my post your "poster child" for racism when it clearly shows that racism goes both ways
(((shakes my head in disbelief)))
Karim

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Steal My Soul wrote:
Karim wrote:
Steal My Soul wrote:
Karim wrote:
Steal My Soul wrote:

Karim wrote:

Yes
Karim wrote:

Steal My Soul wrote:

(((Shaking my head)))

thanks for not only not answering my question about planes
but completely avoiding it by making my post your "poster child" for racism when it clearly shows that racism goes both ways
(((shakes my head in disbelief)))
I'll see you when your/their world END... until then Happy Racism/White Supremacy
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you calling me a racist?
Karim

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Steal My Soul wrote:
are you calling me a racist?
I don't care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: