HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

President George Bush speaks out...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: President George Bush speaks out... Reply with quote

Ok folks, this is a test of your level of counter racist codification.


President George W. Bush made this statement at his Rose Garden press conference:


"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern"

he said more than that, but based on this statement; What do you think is the BEST question to ask him regarding it?


Josh

PS--( If this is an easy one for you, chill out and let some other people take a swing at it)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: President George Bush speaks out... Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Ok folks, this is a test of your level of counter racist codification.


President George W. Bush made this statement at his Rose Garden press conference:


"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern"

he said more than that, but based on this statement; What do you think is the BEST question to ask him regarding it?


Josh

PS--( If this is an easy one for you, chill out and let some other people take a swing at it)
It seem Mr. Bush is using what I call the Third person ploy...

I'll end all the confusion by simply asking,

Do YOU BELIEVE that people whose skin color may not be the same as YOURS can be free and self govern?

And put some strawberries on top with,

How?... If yes.

And Why?... If no.
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: President George Bush speaks out... Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Ok folks, this is a test of your level of counter racist codification.


President George W. Bush made this statement at his Rose Garden press conference:


"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern"

he said more than that, but based on this statement; What do you think is the BEST question to ask him regarding it?


Josh

PS--( If this is an easy one for you, chill out and let some other people take a swing at it)

I would ask him...

Are you a white person?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Points taken Karim and VGOD, anyone else?

Im gonna wait and see if someone asks the question Im thinking of.


Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
James Jones
Guest





PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: President George Bush speaks out... Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Ok folks, this is a test of your level of counter racist codification.


President George W. Bush made this statement at his Rose Garden press conference:


"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern"




Do you mistreat people on the basis of COLOR or factors associated with COLOR, Mr. President?

or

Do people of your skin color mistreat people on the basis of COLOR or factors associated with COLOR, Mr. President?

or

What actions are you willing to take in order to stop people of your skin color from mistreating people on the basis of COLOR or factors associated with COLOR, Mr. President?

(note: you may be called a nigger & banned from Rose Garden for asking these question)
Back to top
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: President George Bush speaks out... Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Ok folks, this is a test of your level of counter racist codification.


President George W. Bush made this statement at his Rose Garden press conference:


"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern"

he said more than that, but based on this statement; What do you think is the BEST question to ask him regarding it?


Josh

PS--( If this is an easy one
for you, chill out and let some other people take a swing at it)


When you say "ours", who are you talking about?
_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your question Josh?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here is what George Bush said:

"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern"

My question would be:


"Who are these people?"


You have the president of the United States acknowledging that "these people" exist AND!

That theres a lot of them!

Now why is this significant?

Because the person making the statement controls massive information gathering organizations--CIA, FBI, Delta Force...

This ain't Clayton Bigsby talkin.

If anyone has the ability to find out who these people are its him.


This is the 2nd time Ive heard president Bush speak of his willingness and support of Justice for "brown skinned people". He was correct to make the statement because in a system of racism White supremacy, "brown skinned people" are mistreated and do not recieve Justice.

But you don't hafta take the word of a nigger like me, take it from the president of the United States:


"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern"



Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RangerX



Joined: 06 Nov 2003
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone here think that George wants to Replace White Supremacy with Justice ?

Or is this just a tactic/"ploy" of his to receive more votes (especially from Non-White People) by the 2004 Presidential election to get him re-elected ?

We are talking about a suspect White Person (of which I believe he is and Functions as a White Person, being how he is the President of the United States, for starters)...

Whatever George is implyng...

I do not believe him

and I am not gonna wait around for George to Replace White Supremacy with Justice.

Maybe George may DO things that help Replace White Supremacy with Justice...

But I aint holding my breathe.

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Ok, here is what George Bush said:

"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern"

My question would be:


"Who are these people?"


You have the president of the United States acknowledging that "these people" exist AND!

That theres a lot of them!

Now why is this significant?

Because the person making the statement controls massive information gathering organizations--CIA, FBI, Delta Force...

This ain't Clayton Bigsby talkin.

If anyone has the ability to find out who these people are its him.


This is the 2nd time Ive heard president Bush speak of his willingness and support of Justice for "brown skinned people". He was correct to make the statement because in a system of racism White supremacy, "brown skinned people" are mistreated and do not recieve Justice.

But you don't hafta take the word of a nigger like me, take it from the president of the United States:


"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern"



Josh



Josh, I thought about posing that question. But, by my reckoning, no traction is going to be made towards countering Racism (White Supremacy) by having people named unless there have been three preceding moves. The question you would pose needs be asked after it is established that: 1) the people Mr. Bush is talking about are white; 2) the belief that Mr. Bush referenced leads some of the people who hold it to DO Racist (White Supremacist) deeds; and 3) what specific Racist (White Supremacist) deeds are connectd to that belief. When dealing with a person one suspects is a Racist (White Supremacist), all of the escape routes for the Racist Supsect's piece must be cut off or you will be chasing it all over the board and lose several of your pieces in the process.

To illustrate:
Me: "Who are these people that don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern?"

Escape route answer #1: "People who think differences make a difference. Some are browned skinned people themselves who've made an industry of keeping their people helpless."

Escape route answer#2: "Certain white people who may feel one way but are logical, and 'fair' people who will adjust their oponions to the evidence. And, the people of Iraq will provide that evidence."

Escape route answer#3: "Senator X, Congressman Y, and Secretary Z have put forth policy that promotes dependency by Country Brown and Island Black on 'the west'; not out of maliciousness but out of what, I think, is misguided but sincere attempt to help the people of these areas."

Racists (White Supremacists) think several moves ahead of the words they are speaking. Counter-Racists must also get into that habit.
_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Ok, here is what George Bush said:

"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern"

My question would be:


"Who are these people?"


You have the president of the United States acknowledging that "these people" exist AND!

That theres a lot of them!

Now why is this significant?

Because the person making the statement controls massive information gathering organizations--CIA, FBI, Delta Force...

This ain't Clayton Bigsby talkin.

If anyone has the ability to find out who these people are its him.


This is the 2nd time Ive heard president Bush speak of his willingness and support of Justice for "brown skinned people". He was correct to make the statement because in a system of racism White supremacy, "brown skinned people" are mistreated and do not recieve Justice.

But you don't hafta take the word of a nigger like me, take it from the president of the United States:


"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self govern"



Josh

Did he use the term "these people" in the statment you posted as being what he said in quotation?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-white people make many mistakes in their conversations or interactions with white people. The first mistake non-white people make is to assume a person is a white person. I don't intend on making that mistake anymore.

The first question a non-white person should ask in their interactions with a person they suspect is a white person is to ask the person if they are a white person. If you don't ask that question, every other question you ask cancels itself out under a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism).

Science is supposed to be exact and counter-racist science is supposed to be an exact science. Don't make assumptions by taking shortcuts. Ask the best question first then ask the second best question second, and so on.

Follow THE LOGIC.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VGOD wrote:

Quote:
Did he use the term "these people" in the statment you posted as being what he said in quotation?



"these people" are part of my question I said I would have asked George Bush which was:

"who are these people?"


Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
VGOD wrote:

Quote:
Did he use the term "these people" in the statment you posted as being what he said in quotation?



"these people" are part of my question I said I would have asked George Bush which was:

"who are these people?"


Josh

Thank you.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
James Jones
Guest





PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN LARRY KING LIVE

Interview With Colin Powell

Quote:
KING: Your reaction -- the president made a comment on skin color and self government on Friday in the Rose Garden with Canada's prime minister. He said there's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same ours can be free and self govern. I reject that. I reject it strongly. I believe that people who practice the Muslim faith can self govern. I believe that people whose skins aren't necessarily -- are a different color than white can self govern.

Some people are looking at that statement in a racist way. Do you?

POWELL: There was no such racist intent on the part of the president. All he was saying is that we shouldn't assume that because you are in a different part of the world, and that you may not be the same kind of system as here in the United States or Europe, because you're a Muslim or something else, you don't have the same commitment to freedom and the individual rights of men and women.

You take a country like Turkey, which is a secular nation, a representative, secular nation, very, very secular system, but at the same time, it's a Muslim country. And so that's the point the president was making. Freedom is a gift to ...

KING: He wasn't saying black people can't govern ...

POWELL: Of course not, of course not. He had no such ...

KING: And you didn't take it that way?

POWELL: Of course not. I don't think I'd be in his cabinet, or Condi would be where she is, if he thought black people weren't competent to govern.


Any Counter-Racist suggestions on how to handle this type of question?

www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0405/04/lkl.00.html
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations