HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

True

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: True Reply with quote

I wrote this elsewhere.. I thought I'd share it here, since it is relevent.

Quote:
Quote:
Jesus says that we should put all things to a test.
.. Hmm I take that to mean QUESTION - since every moment is a test and every test is a question.

Quote:
The problem arises when these fuks start killing each with "my fantasy world is better then your fantasy world"
- I thought about this the other day...The conclusion I've come to, so far, is that the true problem occurs when one person attempts to project his/her notion of self onto others. In other words, attempting to change another's mind (for lack of better term) and perspective to complement one's own perspective.

this is somthing I've started to see more and more - even in my own behavior - as I look for the tell tell signs. It's difficult to condition the mind to accept EVERYTHING that happens without judging/approving/disapporving the person no matter what happens. It is a challenge to accept all views as valid views, although we may have a great amount of evidence to to counter what is being stated. It is a great challenge to not attempt to CHANGE that other person's view to fit SELF's view. it's a challenge.

I see the projection of self type behavior all the time now , like while observing a parent/child - so often the parent attempts to change the child into a smaller version of THEMSELVES. Attempting to make the child's experience / activitys mirror the parent's prefered activities. And if the child rejects that view the parent may take that rejection as a rejection him or her SELF, and then retaliate on that child! all becaue there is a lack of self communication. Self clarity.

I guess the simplest way I can express the PROBLEM is when a person attempts to have others compliment the way they feel even if the way that is felt is destructive of that other person/s. This validates the behavior, this validates the SELF of the person projecting his or her view. Ever heard the saying "birds of a feather tend to flock together"? I think this "wise speak" attempts to say that people look for in others what they find within themselves - correct or incorrect, just or injust. And if they find someone who is of opposing view or perspective to how they feel about themselves they approach that person as they approach themselves.

In other words however one sees one's self is the lens through which one will percieve others..

This is a challenge to explain as I have just come to terms with the concept myself - unto myself. it all reminds me of a somthing Buda / Jesus / Sun Tzu / Brutce Lee (and others have said) - The truth is within , do not seek outside one's self .though each says so in a different way.. I believe this means to seek change within as all change that can occur is that which occurs within. Calming the restless mind, though focus and dedicated reflection.

Any how this is getting somewhat longer than anticipated. I trust you will read this as you read yourselves.

Be Formless, shapeless like water. Now if you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, you put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can CRASH,
be water my friend.
- Bruce lee

questions or comments welcome.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copious,

Is there and example of following the logic in your above post?

smallz
copious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

The truth is within , do not seek outside one's self .
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

According to the logic copious, are you saying that:

Quote:
"The truth is within , do not seek outside one's self?"

Just looking for clarity, because I'm not sure what that means.

smallz
copious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smallz. It means that all you need to produce correctmess and manifest Justice are standard equipment. You are born with all the tools you need to create whatever you need to be.

Make sense?
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

copious wrote:
smallz. It means that all you need to produce correctmess and manifest Justice are standard equipment. You are born with all the tools you need to create whatever you need to be.

Make sense?

Yes, that does.

Thank you.

smallz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: