HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

God or The Devil?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: God or The Devil? Reply with quote

There is a white woman (Deanna Laney) that was just sentenced to an "insane asylum" for killing her two children...reportedly she stoned them to death. She stated she was told by God to do it. The prosecutors stated she didn't know right from wrong.

Not long ago there was a white woman (Andrea Yates) that was sentenced to jail time...I think life imprisonment for drowning her children. She stated she was told by The Devil to do it. The prosecutors stated she knew right from wrong.

I suspect the logic being used is that whatever The Devil tells you to do must be wrong and therefore if you do it, whatever it is, you must know you're doing wrong. If you are told by God to do something that you think may be wrong but since God told you to do it you must be confused as to whether the act is right or wrong.

I don't know what definitions they used for "The Devil" or for "God" but, logically speaking, a little advice...not that I condone it but...if you happen to kill someone and do not kill yourself, which is part of the counter-racist code...

...say that God told you to do it.
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thats interesting. I am familiar with both cases but I must confess I didn't pay that close of attention to the words.

Words are very important because they affect peoples thinking.

If you monitor how White people use the words "force" and "violence" you will notice they are very deliberate in which term they use to describe the same action of different parties.

Two groups can bomb and shoot...

But one is described as "using force". And the other is described as "using violence".

White people are skilled at using words as tools to get things done, they let the words do the work for them.

Black people need to study the words White people use to describe phenomena for evidence of how they maintain the power dynamic of racism White supremacy.

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: