HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Names
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
V-God, when I come back I will, but right now, I need to get my own good name in order with unpaid creditors, etc. My husband and I are badly in debt, we like to help others and I have not been organized to pay bills even when we had the money so suddenly everything is catching up to us, we would like to buy a small house if at all possible after my daughter leaves for college (we're renting), we have health problems we are trying to get a handle on, my husband has a wonderful giving nature but it isn't helping his business make a profit -- he does wonderful work for people and doesn't charge them enough -

-- you don't want to know all my problems. I've been avoiding them and posting here as a way to feel needed and helpful. I don't know that anyone has found me helpful though.

I don't know if you know anyone like me, but I mean well but then screw up on things. I need some time to get my life in order.

cloudsong

If you need help in getting your credit in order I know a few things. Perhaps we can share information on processes.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God that would be wonderful!!!! I mean Oh Virtual God!! :)

COULD you help me? I would pay you to help me. I don't even know where to start, and my husband works about eighteen hours a day so it's really up to me.

If you would help me, I would pay you whatever your hourly rate of pay is. I just need a few hours a week or whatever.

cloudsong
cloudsong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just need someone to help me set up a system, and help me organize. I think my brain just isn't working right.

I just have a screwy situation. I inherited a lot of money from my father (well, he's still alive but he gave it to us) which we invested in my husband's business. It isn't paying off yet, and I haven't felt well and I have unopened mail from so long back and now Im AFRAID to open it.

This sheriff thing, they're billing me for years we didn't even LIVE in Fairfax County. It will take hours to straighten it out.

If I could have an assistant, any pay I paid him would save me money and be more than worth it.

I was about to put an ad in the paper for an assistant.

cloudsong
Karim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I just need someone to help me set up a system, and help me organize. I think my brain just isn't working right.

I just have a screwy situation. I inherited a lot of money from my father (well, he's still alive but he gave it to us) which we invested in my husband's business. It isn't paying off yet, and I haven't felt well and I have unopened mail from so long back and now Im AFRAID to open it.

This sheriff thing, they're billing me for years we didn't even LIVE in Fairfax County. It will take hours to straighten it out.

If I could have an assistant, any pay I paid him would save me money and be more than worth it.

I was about to put an ad in the paper for an assistant.

cloudsong
Cloudsong...

I believe your post was NAMES,

of who?

White supremacist/Racist.

Could you please stick to your post?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I can't, I'm in a personal crisis.

I'm sorry

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
Oh God that would be wonderful!!!! I mean Oh Virtual God!! :)

COULD you help me? I would pay you to help me. I don't even know where to start, and my husband works about eighteen hours a day so it's really up to me.

If you would help me, I would pay you whatever your hourly rate of pay is. I just need a few hours a week or whatever.

cloudsong

Helping people is what I'm supposed to be doing. I only have some knowledge of credit cleaning processes but it sounds like you may need more help than I'm able to provide. We can take this conversation off this thread and open another.

One thing we will not be able to avoid is in order to solve this problem we're gonna hafta solve the problem of racism (white supremacy) at the same time.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helixhair sounding (to me) anxious that I answer her questions immediately, when they were very hard questions and I was asking her for help in how she meant them, and she didn't understand my request for help but instead said it's like asking a four year old what foods --

-- it just triggered a breakdown that's been coming anyway, of feeling I have demands on me which I am not able to meet.

I really need to get my life in order, and I do need a personal assistant at this point. I will put an ad in the paper. For credit help, I was going to go to the business that advertises on WOL but I would appreciate any help you can give V-God, and I would pay you for any time you give me.

I can't think right now, it's not Helixhair's fault of course, my reaction to her post just triggered it.

Yes this is all related to WS/R, like my even HAVING money from my dad which I wouldn't if I were black etc., from generations back. But I'm blowing the opportunities I've had. I want to share any opportunities and money with those who need it most. Right now though I need help to ensure I will have something to share.

Thank you V-God, for your offer of help and for your understanding and for everything.

Forgive me Helixhair for overreacting, but it actually pushed me to just get all this on the table and all my problems rather than pretending I'm okay.

cloudsong
cloudsong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:

Why can't white people do that? Why can't you, Cloudsong, start this today? Why can't you post, on this board, within two weeks your project schedule of getting white people with needed knowledge and resources to sit and plan the above?[/color]

Helixhair, you have always had my respect and been totally correct with me. Please excuse my outburst yesterday. I had not even read your post carefully and I somehow thought you were saying I should have this whole project planned in two weeks.

The answers to your questions are:

1) White people CAN do that.

2) I can start this -- given the mess I've gotten myself into in my life, I may not be able to start it today, but I WOULD like to start it as soon as possible.

3) I can post that on this board but the time schedule of two weeks might not be reasonable for me right now.

I don't want you to offer any help, I'm sorry I said that in the last email. What I would like is further clarification of exaclty what you mean by "project schedule" and any further thoughts as to what you want -- I am not totally clear on it, but I think I understand what you're saying enough that I could come up with something.

cloudsong
HelixHair

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Why can't white people do that? Why can't you, Cloudsong, start this today? Why can't you post, on this board, within two weeks your project schedule of getting white people with needed knowledge and resources to sit and plan the above?[/color]

Helixhair, you have always had my respect and been totally correct with me. Please excuse my outburst yesterday. I had not even read your post carefully and I somehow thought you were saying I should have this whole project planned in two weeks.

The answers to your questions are:

1) White people CAN do that.

2) I can start this -- given the mess I've gotten myself into in my life, I may not be able to start it today, but I WOULD like to start it as soon as possible.

3) I can post that on this board but the time schedule of two weeks might not be reasonable for me right now.

I don't want you to offer any help, I'm sorry I said that in the last email. What I would like is further clarification of exaclty what you mean by "project schedule" and any further thoughts as to what you want -- I am not totally clear on it, but I think I understand what you're saying enough that I could come up with something.

cloudsong

Cloudsong, I do appreciate your comments above. And, I very much appreciate your answers to the questions I previously posed.

A project schedule is sometimes referred to as a "schedule of work." A project schedule should include all of the tasks that need to be done to accomplish an objective and the order in which they need to done (including showing what tasks can be done simultaneously). There is a little bit of an art to knowing how small a task should be in order to exclude it from the list. For example, "start the computer" would probably be too small of a task to include on the project you are planning. The schedule shows the date that each task will start and end. The last task(s) end(s) on the date that the objective is accomplished. Project managers usually work from a template. I'm almost certain that Virtual_God has at least one template for project schedules. Templates are also probably available for free and sale both on-line and in books available in the business management sectons of libraries and bookstores.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this idea will actually help me personally in terms of my problems with organization, too!!! I've never heard of this concept -- I want to learn it. It sounds very organized and a way to schedule anything one wants to accomplish!

Thank you!

Of course, April 15 is definitely not the day to start, agggghhh.

After taxes, and some other nightmares, I'll begin.

cloudsong
cloudsong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:

cloudsong
Cloudsong...

of who?

Could you please stick to your post?[/quote]
----

Karim, I think I can get my own life in order AND answer your question, I'm not panicking quite as much having reached out and gotten help -- here, and from some people in my non-virtual life.

I wanted to make a distinction between different kinds of white supremacy/racism in white people, in naming names.

Did you agree with the categories I made above of active white supremacy; going along with white supremacy; and living in a culture of white supremacy?

If I name someone who is in the category of "living in a culture of white supremacy" as his only practice of white supremacy, I don't want that to be confused with "actively practicing white supremacy"

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
Karim wrote:

Cloudsong...

of who?

Could you please stick to your post?

----

Karim, I think I can get my own life in order AND answer your question, I'm not panicking quite as much having reached out and gotten help -- here, and from some people in my non-virtual life.

I wanted to make a distinction between different kinds of white supremacy/racism in white people, in naming names.

Did you agree with the categories I made above of active white supremacy; going along with white supremacy; and living in a culture of white supremacy?

If I name someone who is in the category of "living in a culture of white supremacy" as his only practice of white supremacy, I don't want that to be confused with "actively practicing white supremacy"

cloudsong

[Non-White People: This is the reason all white people who have the ability to practice white supremacy (racism) are racist suspects. Read the post in quotes above. Almost seems harmless right?

Now consider when you begin asking questions that move down the raod of criteria for a white person thast practices white supremacy (racism). This person that says they are white (cloudsong) now has three categories:

(1) Active white supremacy
(2) Going along with white supremacy
(3) Living in a culture of white supremacy

Logically speaking, any white person that is able to practice white supremacy (racism) is a racist suspect. Logically speaking, any white person that does not counter racism (white supremacy), and is able to, is practicing white supremacy (racism).

No categories needed. I am apt to suspect that even when a white person thinks they are helping to counter racism (white supremacy) they are in actuality practicing white supremacy (racism) under this SYSTEM. In order for white people to aid in replacing the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice they will have to accept and use counter-racist language all the time. That is the first step.]
cloudsong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told by the person I've learned a lot of this from, Fuller, that even John Brown remains in his (Fuller's) mind a racist suspect by following the logic.

I want to make categories so if I name someone like John Brown, I have a way of distinguishing him from someone like David Duke.

Are they in the same category to you?

cloudsong
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I was told by the person I've learned a lot of this from, Fuller, that even John Brown remains in his (Fuller's) mind a racist suspect by following the logic.

I want to make categories so if I name someone like John Brown, I have a way of distinguishing him from someone like David Duke.

Are they in the same category to you?

cloudsong

cloudsong, a racsit suspect is a racist suspect according to counter racist logic.

as long as racsim white supremacy exists YOU and every other white person who has the ABILTY to practice racsim/white supremacy should be suspected of being a racsit/white supremacist.

Especially a Victim of Racsim.

That's the Logic.

David Duke= Racist Suspect

Cloudsong= Racist suspect

To a VOR it isn't logical or benificial in my opinoin to establish another catagorey for white people who may or may-not participate in the racial system that was in place before they were born.

This keeps VOR from being FURTHER confused.

smallz
cloudsong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your logic then makes it meaningless for me to name white supremacists -- because again, it comes down to naming every white person.

cloudsong
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: