HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

White Envy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: White Envy Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
Observation:
White people mistreat black people

Hypothesis:
White people mistreat black people for this main reason:

Reason: Competition for power and resources; to do what it takes to maintain white supremacy and greater power, domination in the world, resources, and supremacy in the world.

Gathering Data:
I will set up a situation where I am handing out questionnaires for people walking by - the questions will be about their attitudes towards black people and towards racism.

I will pay a moderate sum to get people to participate.

I will hand the persons the questionnaire, under two separate circumstances.

First circumstance: I will hold hands with a black male friend of mine right in front of them while they are filling out the questionaire, with the black male directing me to do things, and showing power in general.

Second circumstance: I will treat my black male friend slightly condescendingly and contemptuously while they are filling out the questionnaire.

Control: I will have a third circumstance where a black male isn't present.

Analysis/Scientific Prediction:
I predict that under the circumstance of my holding hands and the black male being in a position of power, the answers to the questionnaire will be decidedly more racist and less positive about black people, because the sight of a white woman holding hands with a black male and being directed by him and the sight of a black male controlling a situation with white people will bring out fear of loss of power and supremacy. I will have him order me around and direct the handing out of the questionnaires and generally be in authority.

This fear of loss of white supremacy will be expressed in more negative answers about black people to the questions in the questionnaire.

In the circumstance where I am treating the black male condescendingly, I will predict that the quesionnaire will get more positive responses about black people because I will be allaying the fears, and allaying fear of losing power because they will see me being powerful over the black man.

Data: The Questionnaire:

1) Do you see white and non-white people as having equal power in the world?

2) If no, which has more power?

3) Do you think white people feel threatened by being the minority in the world?

4) If yes, what do you think white people do to counteract that feeling?

5) Do you believe that if a white woman marries a black man, the resulting children will be white or black?

6) Do you have black friends?

7) Why or why not?

8) Do you live in an integrated neighborhood? what percentage is black?

9) Do you feel black people are superior/equal/inferior to you in function?

10) Do you think there is a competition for power and influence between white and non-white people in the world?

11) Are you aware of any envy towards black people?

12) Are you aware of any negative feelings towards black people?

13) Are you aware of any negative feelings about yourself in relation to black people?

14) Do you think non-white people should be grateful to white people in any way for the gains they've made since slavery in this country?

15) Do you see a system of white supremacy in the world?

16) Do you like the balance of power now in the world between white and non-white people

I suspected a non-white male would be included with you in this experiment cloudsong. Have you begun to run this experiemtn? If so what are the results thus far. If not, what is your path forward?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to run this experiment because you would just make uncalled-for, connotative and sly remarks about my including a black male - like you just did.

The other reason I deicded not to do the experiment for you is that Helixhair's opinion that you can't argue on this philosophy of white supremacy, is correct. You will never change my opinion about you being supreme over white supremacists if God is in you, and you will never change mine.

We are both against white supremacy, but you don't see it that way so I'll agree to disagree. No matter what bashing things you might say about me, I still respect your path.

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I am not going to run this experiment because you would just make uncalled-for, connotative and sly remarks about my including a black male - like you just did.

The other reason I deicded not to do the experiment for you is that Helixhair's opinion that you can't argue on this philosophy of white supremacy, is correct. You will never change my opinion about you being supreme over white supremacists if God is in you, and you will never change mine.

We are both against white supremacy, but you don't see it that way so I'll agree to disagree. No matter what bashing things you might say about me, I still respect your path.

cloudsong

Thank you. I will lock this thread. Just a suggestion, in the future you should do experiments to promote justice...not for me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: