HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

White Envy
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloudsong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: White Envy Reply with quote

Observation:
White people mistreat black people

Hypothesis:
White people mistreat black people for this main reason:

Reason: Competition for power and resources; to do what it takes to maintain white supremacy and greater power, domination in the world, resources, and supremacy in the world.

Gathering Data:
I will set up a situation where I am handing out questionnaires for people walking by - the questions will be about their attitudes towards black people and towards racism.

I will pay a moderate sum to get people to participate.

I will hand the persons the questionnaire, under two separate circumstances.

First circumstance: I will hold hands with a black male friend of mine right in front of them while they are filling out the questionaire, with the black male directing me to do things, and showing power in general.

Second circumstance: I will treat my black male friend slightly condescendingly and contemptuously while they are filling out the questionnaire.

Control: I will have a third circumstance where a black male isn't present.

Analysis/Scientific Prediction:
I predict that under the circumstance of my holding hands and the black male being in a position of power, the answers to the questionnaire will be decidedly more racist and less positive about black people, because the sight of a white woman holding hands with a black male and being directed by him and the sight of a black male controlling a situation with white people will bring out fear of loss of power and supremacy. I will have him order me around and direct the handing out of the questionnaires and generally be in authority.

This fear of loss of white supremacy will be expressed in more negative answers about black people to the questions in the questionnaire.

In the circumstance where I am treating the black male condescendingly, I will predict that the quesionnaire will get more positive responses about black people because I will be allaying the fears, and allaying fear of losing power because they will see me being powerful over the black man.

Data: The Questionnaire:

1) Do you see white and non-white people as having equal power in the world?

2) If no, which has more power?

3) Do you think white people feel threatened by being the minority in the world?

4) If yes, what do you think white people do to counteract that feeling?

5) Do you believe that if a white woman marries a black man, the resulting children will be white or black?

6) Do you have black friends?

7) Why or why not?

8) Do you live in an integrated neighborhood? what percentage is black?

9) Do you feel black people are superior/equal/inferior to you in function?

10) Do you think there is a competition for power and influence between white and non-white people in the world?

11) Are you aware of any envy towards black people?

12) Are you aware of any negative feelings towards black people?

13) Are you aware of any negative feelings about yourself in relation to black people?

14) Do you think non-white people should be grateful to white people in any way for the gains they've made since slavery in this country?

15) Do you see a system of white supremacy in the world?

16) Do you like the balance of power now in the world between white and non-white people

Last edited by cloudsong on Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very interesting experiment. Although not particularly geared towards problem solving, there are a lot of non-white people interested in "why" white people do what they do, instead of "how" white people do what they do.

I'd like to know the questions that are going to be asked on the questionnaire. If you would be so kind as to submit that piece of scientific evidence. If you have it in document form (MS WORD) I can place it in the Counter-Racist Collaboration Area or somewhere on the web server and provide a link to it if you mail it to Webmaster@Counter-Racism.com ...or what would be better is if you copy and past the text to your Science Project area.

Reason 1) What is the suggested envy that white people have for non-white people and mistreat non-white people as a result of this envy?

Just one more question...if "white genetic survival" doesn't exist what is that white people fear most when it comes to non-white people?

I'm not sure how someone can be envious of something and fearful of the same thing at the same time.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback V-God.

I am so bad at computers - I will have to ask my husband for help about the document form etc. I also have a very basic question -- I can sign on to your site on one of the computers in my house but not the other one.

It's so frustrating becaue the one I want to sign on is in my bedroom, where I'd like to work from my bed. It signs me on as "guest" and then when I try to post it says "invalid session" even though I give my name and password. But then occasionally it does let me sign on.

I will report back to you with further details, and the questions on the questionnaire.

As far as feeling envy and fear at the same time -- that's what I feel towards my sister. I do think it's possible.

cloudsong
cloudsong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. White people fear genetic annhilation -- It's an irrational fear, because genes can never be annihilated. But they fear their children looking brown-skinned (therefore not looking like THEM).

They subconsciously envy melanin, so they may fear that their children would have something they don't have, inspiring envy of one's own children.

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
p.s. White people fear genetic annhilation -- It's an irrational fear, because genes can never be annihilated. But they fear their children looking brown-skinned (therefore not looking like THEM).

They subconsciously envy melanin, so they may fear that their children would have something they don't have, inspiring envy of one's own children.

cloudsong

If genes can never be annihilated why call it "white genetic annihilation"?

According to white people they do have melanin.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't call it white genetic annihilation.

But I do refer to "FEAR OF white Genetic annihilation."

It's like "fear of ghosts" even though ghosts don't exist.

We do have melanin, but not as much. And it works as a neurotransmitter in the brain, which may even influence things like a sense of justice - that's Welsing's hypothesis.

It may be why we're drawn to the sense of justice and truth in black people -- but that is also envied.

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I don't call it white genetic annihilation.

But I do refer to "FEAR OF white Genetic annihilation."

It's like "fear of ghosts" even though ghosts don't exist.

We do have melanin, but not as much. And it works as a neurotransmitter in the brain, which may even influence things like a sense of justice - that's Welsing's hypothesis.

It may be why we're drawn to the sense of justice and truth in black people -- but that is also envied.

cloudsong

A fear of something that doesn't exist? Do you realize what you're saying? That's not logical. I suspect white people fear something that does exist and what I suspect white people fear most is not being able to function as white.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can give you many examples of fears of things that don't exist.

White people fear that if they mate with black people, their children will not look like them. They are ignorant and think this means their genes will not be carried on.

There are a lot of stupid white people, in case you haven't noticed -- despite the white race having taken over the planet, individual white people are on average not as smart as individual non-white people on average.

U of California has been debating affirmative action for whites (by another name) because overwhelmingly the people with the higher grades and SAT scores are Asian. What does that say about the whites in this country? And black students' scores, despite all the disadvantages to black students in this country, are rising at a rate much faster than any rise in white students' scores.

So I do think white people can be stupid enough to fear something that doesn't exist if they THINK it exists. White people think white genetic annhiliation exists - though they aren't smart enough to use that term.

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the experiment questions (questionnaires) as soon as possible. I'm not interested in debating.

White Supremacy (Racism) is like a puzzle...all white people don't have to do the exact same things to practice it...it's a smorgasbord. Each white person decides which items they want to practice at any given time...at a time of their own choosing. Collectively, this makes white people, collectively, the smartest people in the known universe. This is not up for debate...this is counter-racist code. You can use racist code if you like.

Last edited by Edward Williams on Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
cloudsong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry. I had thought you had wanted me to answer those questions your raised.

I will need to give some thought to the questions, and possibly get the input from a psychologist friend of mine who has done research similar to this.

I will get back with it as soon as I can.

thank you for the opportunity to do this. Would anyone from on here be willing to help me with the actual experiment -- be the black man to hold hands, etc.? I may use my daughter so that the white female will be young and attractive. If I use myself it may inspire pity for the black male rather than envy :(

cloudsong
cloudsong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-God, this general set of questions will be the first page of the questionnaire, I think -- what do you think? I'm working on the rest.

Which statement best describes you?
I strongly prefer White Americans to Black Americans.
I moderately prefer White Americans to Black Americans.
I like White Americans and Black Americans equally.
I moderately prefer Black Americans to White Americans.
I strongly prefer Black Americans to White Americans.

Please rate how warm or cold you feel toward the following groups
(0 = coldest feelings, 5 = neutral, 10 = warmest feelings)

Black Americans . 10 very warm 9 8 7 6 5 neutral 4 3 2 1 0 very cold

White Americans . 10 very warm 9 8 7 6 5 neutral 4 3 2 1 0 very cold
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pefer to do whatt?

Prefer to say what?

I think Reason 2) of your hypothesis is erroneous, since you have already stated there is no such thing as "white genes"... and therefore "white genetic survival".
cloudsong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-God, sounds like I have more work to do -- back to the drawing board!

(As far as white genes... I did not mean to state that there are not white genes. What I meant to state is that the white genes -- which include the genes for light skin color, for which there are many genes, not just one, I've read -- cannot ever be annihilated. They get passed on. I don't like calling them "white genes" though -- I prefer just to name what the gene expresses as - for example, "the gene for blue eyes" It's not so great to say "white genes" in my opinion. And a black person can have that gene for blue eyes)

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
V-God, sounds like I have more work to do -- back to the drawing board!

(As far as white genes... I did not mean to state that there are not white genes. What I meant to state is that the white genes -- which include the genes for light skin color, for which there are many genes, not just one, I've read -- cannot ever be annihilated. They get passed on. I don't like calling them "white genes" though -- I prefer just to name what the gene expresses as - for example, "the gene for blue eyes" It's not so great to say "white genes" in my opinion. And a black person can have that gene for blue eyes)

cloudsong

That's not logical. If a "black person", whatever that means, can have a "gene for blue eyes" it can't logically be a "white gene". Scientists state there is no race distinction in terms of DNA. "White genetic annihilation" sounds like an excuse to me for maintaining a SYSTEM of POWER and it appears that SYSTEM of POWER is maintained by mistreating people on the basis of color.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense V-God, as far as I understand it. I don't understand the whole genetic annihilation concept well and I never had that fear of my children not looking like me, if that's what it comes down to, anyway as I've said, I would have married my black boyfriend personally. So -

perhaps I should change my hypothesis to be that white people mistreat black people on two bases:

1) out of envy

2) to maintain a system of power - and ouf ot competition for power and resources

cloudsong
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: