HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

White Supremacy 'works' for all Caucasians
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloudsong

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elan, don't waste your time with him. I can not tell if he is white or non-white (my gut instinct from the beginning was that he was white, but I coudln't tell for sure), but he seems like a creep. He can come to the barbecue as the pig if he's just here to make a stupid joke.

I thought of three more ways to counter racism, so that I don't have to come to the BBQ as the pig, myself! :)

One: EVERY White person HAS to get politically involved. There are too many needs and problems to count, to help counter racism in the political system. Any white person who watches TV much, or knits, or plays Monopoly with the family at nights instead of working for the Kerry campaign or for specific issues, is aiding WS/R. There's no time to waste.

Two: White people need to read W.E.B. Dubois and all the great black writers, including the current books, to understand the history of their black brothers and sisters and not live with all the stupid Rush Limbaugh-esque assumptions as truth.

Three: White people need to ask non-white people how they can help in any way. So -- is there anyone here I can help in any way? Private message me. I will help. I also think that when black people have helped me in my life, my heart has soared. I offer the suggestion that black people find ways to help white people, especially poor white people, as karma.

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you never get passed the question "Are you a white person?" by getting an answer that makes sense you will be going in circles. And that's exactly where the racists (white supremacists) want you...going in circles instead of right at them.
Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
If you never get passed the question "Are you a white person?" by getting an answer that makes sense you will be going in circles. And that's exactly where the racists (white supremacists) want you...going in circles instead of right at them.

What is it with this obsession with that question? It's a simple question with no particular significance, yet you guys are positively fixated on it. So what, exactly, do you find so terribly interesting about that simple little question?
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy,

are you a White person?

Josh
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Guy wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:

What is it with this obsession with that question? It's a simple question with no particular significance, yet you guys are positively fixated on it. So what, exactly, do you find so terribly interesting about that simple little question?

So after you dicide to either answer or NOT answer the critical question, perhaps a classified as white should explain to non-white people WHY the The Critical Question:

ARE YOU A WHITE PERSON?

...is so difficult to answer, when coming from a NON-White person in a conversation about White Supremacy/Racism?

Are white people reluctant answer The Critical Question coming from another white person in a conversation about White Supremacy/Racism?

If so, why?

If not why?

Winston
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect because when non-white people are saying racism = white supremacy it makes white people reluctant to admit they are white. Everyone instinctively knows the term racism (white supremacy) makes any white person that is able to practice racism (white supremacy) a racist suspect.

This is why white people talking to non-white people who use the term "racism white supremacy"...the white people begin to either:

(1) Try to see how much the non-white person knows about how racism (white supremacy) works (i.e. "prove white supremacy exists", "black people can be racists", etc.)

(2) Try to prove to you they are not a racist (white supremacist) (i.e. "I have black friends", "my husband is black", or they never answer the critical question, etc.)

White people ain't gonna use no other strategy because those two work on non-white people who don't use compensatory counter-racist language. If the person never says they are a white person you can't possibly, in a logical fashion, say they are a racist (white supremacist)...even a white person knows that.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
I suspect because when non-white people are saying racism = white supremacy it makes white people reluctant to admit they are white. Everyone instinctively knows the term racism (white supremacy) makes any white person that is able to practice racism (white supremacy) a racist suspect.

This is why white people talking to non-white people who use the term "racism white supremacy"...the white people begin to either:

(1) Try to see how much the non-white person knows about how racism (white supremacy) works (i.e. "prove white supremacy exists", "black people can be racists", etc.)

(2) Try to prove to you they are not a racist (white supremacist) (i.e. "I have black friends", "my husband is black", or they never answer the critical question, etc.)

White people ain't gonna use no other strategy because those two work on non-white people who don't use compensatory counter-racist language. If the person never says they are a white person you can't possibly, in a logical fashion, say they are a racist (white supremacist)...even a white person knows that.

Exactly.

Non-white people gotta stop fooling themselves into thinking that people who say that they are White don't know what White Supremacy is.

What then is the significance of being "White"?

Don't take my word for it, start running some counter-racist experiments with The Critical Question and take note...

To me, White people remain the worlds most familiar mystery.

But I could be incorrect.

Winston
Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:
Guy wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:

So after you dicide to either answer or NOT answer the critical question, perhaps a classified as white should explain to non-white people WHY the The Critical Question:

ARE YOU A WHITE PERSON?

...is so difficult to answer, when coming from a NON-White person in a conversation about White Supremacy/Racism?

Are white people reluctant answer The Critical Question coming from another white person in a conversation about White Supremacy/Racism?

If so, why?

If not why?

Winston

No one's reluctant to answer it once; it's what happens after you answer it that you see something truly bizarre. If a normal person were to ask me "Are you a white person," the answer would be "yes" and that would be the end of it. However, when some unbalanced people ask it, they continue asking it - over and over again for months. And/or, at the same time, making childish little quips like "So you're saying you are the color WHITE" To which I explain "No, the term is not literal", to which they'll go "So if you are not a WHITE person, why do you call yourself WHITE?" Answering this nonsense is to feed somoene else's mental infirmity. So, let me do this one last time... Yes, I am a white person. No, that does not mean that I am literally the color white. Yes, I realize that some of you are fixated on that and will obsess over it to eternity.

Now count how many more times I get asked "Are you a WHITE person" by someone who already knows the answer.
Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
I suspect because when non-white people are saying racism = white supremacy it makes white people reluctant to admit they are white.

Please name one white person who is reluctant to "admit" it.

Quote:
Everyone instinctively knows the term racism (white supremacy) makes any white person that is able to practice racism (white supremacy) a racist suspect.

Actually, no one "knows" any such thing because it's untrue. Being white does not make anyone a "racist suspect" and racism is not limited to white supremacy.

Quote:

No, they just see the frustration in someone who's faced with someone fixated on an innocuous question. By the same token, someone could ask you if you were black a few hundred times, or if you like pizza a few hundred times, and you'd get irriated, too. And believe me, asking someone if they're white to the point of exhaustion is as irrational as asking someone if they like pizza to the point of exhaustion.

Quote:
White people ain't gonna use no other strategy because those two work on non-white people who don't use compensatory counter-racist language.

It's neither compensatory nor counter-racist. It's just odd.

Quote:
If the person never says they are a white person you can't possibly, in a logical fashion, say they are a racist (white supremacist)...even a white person knows that.

There's nothing logical about asking someone if he's white a few hundred times. There's nothing logical about presuming someone's a "racist suspect" because he's white, and in fact that is itself racist.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy,

Do you have a counter racist (white supremacist) strategy or technique related to the initial post of this thread that you will post to this thread?
Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Guy,

Do you have a counter racist (white supremacist) strategy or technique related to the initial post of this thread that you will post to this thread?

There is probably only one counter-racist strategy, and that is to confront racism with facts, reason and morality. As part of that effort, I find myself repeatedly pointing out that racism is not limited to white supremacy. Racism is also black racism, and the way one deals with that is the same one one should, and Dr. King did for example, deal with white supremacy -- with facts, reason and morality.

PS:
Thanks for not asking me if I'm a white person, although I'm sure others will continue to ask that question ad infinitum.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Guy wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Guy,

There is probably only one counter-racist strategy, and that is to confront racism with facts, reason and morality. As part of that effort, I find myself repeatedly pointing out that racism is not limited to white supremacy. Racism is also black racism, and the way one deals with that is the same one one should, and Dr. King did for example, deal with white supremacy -- with facts, reason and morality.

PS:
Thanks for not asking me if I'm a white person, although I'm sure others will continue to ask that question ad infinitum.

Thank you.
Josh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I find myself repeatedly pointing out that racism is not limited to white supremacy. Racism is also black racism,"

Guy, I have studied many of your writings and I notice you never use the term "Black supremacy", to describe what you call "Black racism".

Why do you avoid using the term "Black supremacy"?

Josh
Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Quote:
"I find myself repeatedly pointing out that racism is not limited to white supremacy. Racism is also black racism,"

Guy, I have studied many of your writings and I notice you never use the term "Black supremacy", to describe what you call "Black racism".

Why do you avoid using the term "Black supremacy"?

Josh

Because just as white supremacy is a subset of white racism, black supremacy is a subset of black racism. Black racism is the more accurate and all-encompassing term.
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Because just as white supremacy is a subset of white racism, black supremacy is a subset of black racism. Black racism is the more accurate and all-encompassing term.

Guy,

what is the difference between [White supremacy] and "White racism"?

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: