HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

A Possible Racist Comment Made At Work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: A Possible Racist Comment Made At Work Reply with quote

hakeema wrote:
Peace and blessing to everyon,

The thecode.net website is not working for some reason. I have been trying to get on there for about a week and it is not coming up. So I decided to post this topic on here.

I need some advice on something. It is regarding the Don Imus incident, and the comments that people(especially whites) are making. What do you guys think when white people say we shouldn't take the Don Imus incident seriously. That he was only joking around, and people should have the right to say what is on there mind. People joke all the time. The reason why I asked is because I was told by someone else that a doctor that I work for stated this in a staff meeting that we had today. The doctor is white. Unfortunately I didn't attend the staff meeting so I really don't know if it was true or not. But I do know this when I arrived at work the secretary and my supervisor was acting standoffish towards me, and it was like they couldn't look me in the eye for some reason. I thought that was kind of strange. I thought what the hell happen. What did I do. All of the people that works with me is white.

Like I said before I don't know if the statement was said or not. But, let's say it was made. How do you I use counter-racism. Is joking a good way to practice white supremacy(racism)? If so, what question can I ask to see if a white person is doing that. Also how should I react the next time it happens. I know crying is not the way to react. If this was said I am happy that I wasn't there because I would've became offended, angry, and emotional. They would've seen me crying and being emotional. I have a tendency to cry and get emotional when stuff like this happens. But I know it really doesn't serve a purpose. I notice when a racial incident happen white people have a tendency to say what they really feel about non-white people.

Hakeema

Exactly what was said by a suspect racist that you are attempting to find a counter-racism response to?

You may receive different counter-racism responses from different people. You are welcome to ask questions about the logic of the responses. Please use the response that works best for you. In order to know if it works you may have to test some of the responses. The best way I have found to test these scnarios is to use a counter-racism science experiment. This forces the victim of racism (white supremacy) to doi a lot of thinking...something non-white people have to become comfortable with doing if we are ever going to replace the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) with a SYSTEM of justice.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: A Possible Racist Comment Made At Work Reply with quote

hakeema wrote:
Exactly what was said by a suspect racist that you are attempting to find a counter-racism response to?

Basically what stated to me was that he stated that people in American' society have a tendency to hold on to what they are feeling inside. They don't express their true feelings. People in his country, which is Poland are more blunt, and they have tendency to tell you how they feel. He used Don Imus as an example. He stated he doesn't understand what the big hype is all about. Why people are so upset, and Don Imus was just joking. That people joke all the time, and people tell him Polish jokes. People shouldn't get all upset. Like I said I don't know if he truly said this because I got this through another colleague(who is white). I wanted to know what I missed in the meeting. She told me what they talked about. Then she talked about what the doctor said about Don Imus. She also stated to me not to tell anyone that she told me this. I told her thank you for the information.

But, after that it made me think. That is why I was asking. I like I said before if this was stated in the meeting, I would've gotten emotional. I am trying to get out of that. But my husband told me something interesting. He said if I was at the meeting the statement probably would've been said, IF the doctor stated this. The fact that I wasn't there was the reason why the statement was made.

Hakeema

What your husband stated could be true. Non-white people don't know what white people say to each other when non-white people not around. All of the white people at your job could be racists (white supremacists). The white person that told you about what was said could be a racist (white supremacist). She told you what she told you for a reason. How would you know if she is not a racist (white supremacist)? How can you be sure she is or isn't? How can you prove that any of the white people on your job are or are not racists (white supremacists)? And who do you prove it to?

According to compensatory counter-racist logic, any who you suspect is able to practice racism (white supremacy) is a racist suspect. If you suspect she is a racist (white supremacist) and she is a white person then she is a racist suspect. If you suspect the other white people on your job are racists (white supremacists) and they are white people then they are racist suspect.

This piece of counter-racism code helps to cut down on all of the confusion for non-white people of which white person is a racist suspect because you make that determination by yourself. You don't need any consensus from other non-white people...no surveys...no meetings...no million dollar conferences to figure it out...just you and them.

This is a counter-racism strategy because it puts you in a counter-racism position...meaning once you suspect that a particular white person is a racist suspect then you begin to interact with that white person as though they are. At that point you have proven it to yourself...the only person it makes sense to prove it to. Because racists (white supremacists) use deceit and direct violence you begin to expect that type of behavior from whichever white person you suspect is a racist suspect. This will cause you to ask more questions if your position is that the white female you spoke of earlier is a racist suspect. And this is logical. This is not about hating white people. This is about coming up with effective strategies and techniques that will prevent you from being harmed because it is the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) who harm people based on color.

A non-white person is a SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) is not an aggressor when they begin to counter racism (white supremacy)...the non-white person is the victim. So you shouldn't feel bad about suspecting white people of practicing racism (white supremacy). It is like a female who has been raped before and now she's carrying a gun. She suspects any male who comes up on her in the middle of the night while she's walking to her car of being a rapist suspect. Her counter-rapist strategy as a victim of rape is to keep from being raped again. The counter-rapist technique she chooses to use is to keep an eye on all males who are able to rape her and make sure she keeps her hand on the gun while the gun is in her purse while walking to her car and also keep the gun loaded and chambered.

It's the same logic for all victims who are attempting not to be mistreated any longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: