HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

"Posture" = Knowledge of Racism White Supremacy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: "Posture" = Knowledge of Racism White Supremacy Reply with quote

"Posture" = knowledge of racism White supremacy

This experiment is designed to reveal why White people when presented with a choice, refuse to attempt to counter the system of racism White supremacy while functioning/simulating as a Black person.

OBSERVED PHENOMENON:

In any anonamous setting where counter racism strategy is being created/discussed by Black people; a White person WHO COULD pretend to be a Black person will not attempt to do so; instead prefering to have whatever statements they make, accepted only as comming from a White person.

HYPOTHESIS

In a system of racism White supremacy, non white people have a more difficult time doing anything of constructive value, especially countering racism. People who classify themselves as White are aware of this and therefore always choose to SPEAK as a White person in the context of an anonamous text based internet discussion.

Even when they are sincere in their intention to counter racism- THEY DON'T WANT TO ATTEMPT IT AS A BLACK PERSON IN A SYSTEM OF RACISM WHITE SUPREMACY.

They know its too hard, if not impossible to do.

Plus, non white people lack credibility when speaking in a system of racism White supremacy. White people know this and having a choice, choose to speak as White people in the context of an anonamous text based internet discussion. (racism White supremacy)

EXPERIMENT:

1. When engaged in anonamous text based internet discussions of racism White supremacy, ask the critical question: "ARE YOU A WHITE PERSON?"

2. If the White person answers the critical question without prompting, (annouces on entry to the discussion that they are a White person), ask them why they chose to do so.

3. Ask the White person if they would be willing to speak as a Black person for the rest of the discussion. (thats a whole nother experiment in and of itself)

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your experiments have experiments.

If a white person functions as a non-white person, that person is not a white person. Is this correct or incorrect?

I suspect the white person is doing what white people do in all areas of people activity since they are numerically inadequate and at the same time substantially POWERFUL when compared to non-white people...which is...get other non-white people to do their bidding for them.

I have been in some of these conversations as well, anonymously and face-to-face. White people know exactly what to say to keep the confusion going, when to say it...when not to say it. Even on this work/study project the best tool I've found to use when interacting with other non-white people is VGQ because a lot of non-white people don't ask enough questions...to themselves and/or each other.

Now I find it difficult to use VGQ at times with non-white people. A part of VGQ has to be that each non-white person has to realize that he or she doesn't know everything...and begin to really believe it and function from that perspective. I'm not there yet...but I am learning.

Excellent experiment Josh. One of the questions I would ask a white person during this experiment is whatever the white person said I would ask them why they are saying it and give a brief perspective of the impact of what white people say has on non-white people under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: