HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Is "white" a COLOR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if I may have misunderstood his question. I thought he was asking about skin color.

But maybe he was asking about function or 'royalty' status, and that may have been the reason he responded as he did.

I realize there are two separate issues. One is royalty status/function, and the answer to that is "yes I am a white person". And the other separate issue is color.

For the color issue, people who are 'white' in function and in royalty status can be beige-ish in color. Or am I confused?

cloudsong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I'm sorry if I may have misunderstood his question. I thought he was asking about skin color.

But maybe he was asking about function or 'royalty' status, and that may have been the reason he responded as he did.

I realize there are two separate issues. One is royalty status/function, and the answer to that is "yes I am a white person". And the other separate issue is color.

For the color issue, people who are 'white' in function and in royalty status can be beige-ish in color. Or am I confused?

cloudsong

In the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) "color", in terms of people equals function.

Merovingian wrote:
You see, there is only one constant, one universal it is the only real truth - causality. Action, reation. Cause and effect.

It is the same issue. There aren't two separate issues. The act of racism (mistreatment of people on the basis of color) produces in effect...white supremacy. One cause...one effect. That is the reason they are equal...the same. The classification of and function of color...in effect...is racism (white supremacy).

Color has two aspects to it...in terms of people (non-white) in the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism):

(1) How you function (what you say and/or do)
(2) Factors associated with how you function (heritage, culture, skin shade, hair shade, nose shape, shade of eyes, etc.)

Non-Color has two aspects to it...in terms of people (white) in the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism):

(1) How you function (what you say and/or do)
(2) Factors associated with how you function (heritage, culture, skin shade, hair shade, nose shape, shade of eyes, etc.)

People aren't classified as colors or non-colors by the white supremacists (racists) for no reason. Once you get away from color as in color as in crayon or paint all you have is deeds (what you say and/or do)...there is nowhere else to go.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual God, thank you. That is a wonderful post. Wow.

I'm not sure I'm understanding all the depth of it, but I completely agree that royalty and function in a racist society is based on the way white people have classified people based on color, hair nappiness or straightness, nose shape, etc. I see what you're saying.

I think the white crayon thing I've gotten in questioning on the other forum can get confusing but I am trying to understand it.

I admire Fuller. I don't agree with everything he believes, at all. That doesn't take away from my admiring him as a man who figures out the world for himself. A true individual thinker and honest person who made sense out of his pain and is spreading his philosophy. I just want to try to undestand.

cloudsong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
Virtual God, thank you. That is a wonderful post. Wow.

I'm not sure I'm understanding all the depth of it, but I completely agree that royalty and function in a racist society is based on the way white people have classified people based on color, hair nappiness or straightness, nose shape, etc. I see what you're saying.

I didn't say that. Look at the words that I used. Stare at them. Study them. Saying and Doing...that is what it boils down to...not hair, not nose shape...all of those things are what white people use to confuse non-white people and keep non-white people focused on anything other than what a white person says as a white person and what a white person does as a white person.

cloudsong wrote:
I think the white crayon thing I've gotten in questioning on the other forum can get confusing but I am trying to understand it.

I suspect you already understand and that is why I suspect you are a racist (white supremacist). I can't prove that you are and I'm not about to even try. I suspect you are a white person that knows the difference between being a white person and being a non-white person in a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) and that alone is enough for you to be considered a racist suspect. Once we get away from color all we have is saying and doing. And we have gotten away from color because no person is the same color as a white crayon and no person is the same color as a black crayon. Therefore, all I'm talking about is function. You will not be a racist (white supremacist) suspect when we are in a SYSTEM that guarantees no person is mistreated and the person that needs help the most get the most help. So if you want to prove you are not a racist (white supremacist) to me you'd better get to work. I don't need a blow-by-blow. Just give me a shout when we're in a SYSTEM that guarantees no person is mistreated and the person that needs help the most get the most help.

I suspect one of the things a white person does as a white person is use words to deceive people that are not white and this conversation is an example of it. First you're a white person, then you're a beige person, then you're a white person. The words you are using result in non-white people not understanding who's mistreating them on the basis of color and how they're being mistreated on the basis of color.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me absorb all this before I post more, because I don't want to confuse you. I am sorry that I did, but I felt confused myself over why people are told here, when they say they are white, "well you're not the color of a white crayon". I guess what you're saying is that that's the point, that color has nothing to do with white supremacy - it's all about function, saying and doing.

I feel that color does seem to have to do with who gets classified to function in which category, white or non-white. And nappiness of hair etc., goes into deciding which category someone gets put in. But I may be wrong - that's what I've observed as a white person.

Fuller at his lecture said all white people are suspects. I asked him if by his logic even John Brown remains in his mind a suspect. He said yes. He said he doesn't know, can't know, what John Brown's motivations were.

I accept that point. I'm trying to decide if I agree with it, and with your points. I won't post again till I can post with clarity. cloudsong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
Let me absorb all this before I post more, because I don't want to confuse you. I am sorry that I did, but I felt confused myself over why people are told here, when they say they are white, "well you're not the color of a white crayon". I guess what you're saying is that that's the point, that color has nothing to do with white supremacy - it's all about function

I din't say that. For the benefit of non-white people I'll explain...I said under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) color equals function....color doesn't equal skin tone. There are "non-white" people that look like (have the same skin tone) white people and white people that look like (have the same skin tone) non-white people.

cloudsong wrote:
I feel that color does seem to have to do with who gets classified to function in which category, white or non-white. And nappiness of hair etc., goes into deciding which category someone gets put in. But I may be wrong - that's what I've observed as a white person.

Fuller at his lecture said all white people are suspects. I asked him if by his logic even John Brown remains in his mind a suspect. He said yes. He said he doesn't know, can't know, what John Brown's motivations were.

I accept that point. I'm trying to decide if I agree with it, and with your points. I won't post again till I can post with clarity. cloudsong

Non-white people have no mechanism for determining which white person is a white supremacist (racist).

Are you a white supremacist (racist) cloudsong? Do you mistreat people on the basis of color?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meet Fuller's definition of a white supremacist because he includes the word "indirectly". I fear I may indirectly contribute to sustaining the welfare of white people and the hurting of black people because I do not know all the ways that white supremacy works.

White people who, to cement their engagement, buy a diamond are contributing to white supremacy. If they don't know that, they are contributing indirectly. If they know that, they are contributing directly.

Every white person is a white supremacist by Fuller's definition because everyone contributes to white supremacy at least indirectly. And every white person has an obligation to learn all the ways they are doing that. I did things, bought things, before I knew - and then I stopped doing them and buying them.

I live my life trying to learn all the ways white supremacy works, and how to work against it, including what I buy, what I say, what I invest in, all areas of my life. cloudsong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I meet Fuller's definition of a white supremacist because he includes the word "indirectly". I fear I may indirectly contribute to sustaining the welfare of white people and the hurting of black people because I do not know all the ways that white supremacy works.

White people who, to cement their engagement, buy a diamond are contributing to white supremacy. If they don't know that, they are contributing indirectly. If they know that, they are contributing directly.

Every white person is a white supremacist by Fuller's definition because everyone contributes to white supremacy at least indirectly. And every white person has an obligation to learn all the ways they are doing that. I did things, bought things, before I knew - and then I stopped doing them and buying them.

I live my life trying to learn all the ways white supremacy works, and how to work against it, including what I buy, what I say, what I invest in, all areas of my life. cloudsong

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Fuller...he is a nigger, by his own admission. I use the definition of a white supremacist (racist) that is in the Counter-Racist Definitionary.

The question I asked you is are you a white supremacist (racist)? A simple "yes" or "no" will do.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Cone_Head#1



Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
he is a nigger, by his own admission.

The question I asked you is are you a white supremacist (racist)? A simple "yes" or "no" will do.


2 Things. 1st being a "nigger" does not invalidate a person's thoughts. Even to White people. This may come as a shock to you, but hence why we disagree on the extent of this illusionary system you have constructed.

Secondly, sometimes things aren't as simple as a yes or no. Hence why your experiments aren't exactly sound most of the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trina



Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Location: Somewhere Between the 3rd and 5th Dimension

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloudsong is going to treat us niggers to buckets and truckloads of words like she does on theCode.net. It's hard to get a straight answer out of her. We might get some news articles in a few days.


Trina
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual God -- No.

cloudsong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
Virtual God -- No.

cloudsong

Thank you for your answer. Since you are white person that is not a white supremacist (racist) you must have, logically speaking, a mechanism for determining which white person is a white supremacist (racist)...otherwise how do you know you're not one?

What is the mechanism for determining if a white person is a white supremacist (racist)? What does a white person that is a white supremacist (racist) say that a white person doesn't say and what does a white person that is a white supremacist (racist) do that a white person doesn't do?

Let's start with the area of people activity known as Economics first. This is gonna take some time to complete but I appreciate your dedication to promoting a SYSTEM where no person is misteated and the person that needs help the most get the most help.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. I hope I help.

Wow, economics is a big area.

The way a white person acts and talks versus a white supremacist in the area of economics is that a white person wants equality and equal access to resources for all people, and a white supremacist doesn't.

For example, a white person would more likely want Iraq to have nationalized oil, for example, or would want African countries which are mineral-rich to keep their mineral and oil resources for their own profit.

A white supremacist would want Iraqi oil to be privatized so that American and multi-national oil companies can profit from Iraqi oil, and basically control it.

A white supremacist wants majority white countries to control African mineral and oil riches, through colonialism or through IMF and World Bank policies that keep African countries so in debt that they end up in essence turning their wealth over to those countries.

Now, there is one caveat -- someone who is not a white supremacist, but just a greedy capitalist, could also feel these ways.

So motivation is key -- someone who just feels these ways because they want to make money on anyone's backs, including on white peoples' backs, might not be a white supremacist -- might just be a greedy scumbag.

Someone who feels these ways because they want white people in charge of the world economy over non-white people, is a white supremacist.

In any case, the net result is the same -- there are very few majority non-white countries who have much economic power in the world. Exceptions are Japan, Saudi Arabia... China is on the horizon...

That's just a tiny answer. As Trina said, I could write a million buckets of words on this topic and I don't want to bug people by doing that.

Can you narrow it a bit and give me an idea of a focus in which you're most interested, Virtual God?

Thanks, cloudsong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Trina



Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Location: Somewhere Between the 3rd and 5th Dimension

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Cloudsong is going to treat us niggers to buckets and truckloads of words like she does on theCode.net. It's hard to get a straight answer out of her. We might get some news articles in a few days.

Trina




Cloudsong,

I made the above statement because usually when non-white people talk to white people about Racism/White Supremacy or how to [/b]counter[b]Racism/White Supremacy white people usually throw "buckets and truckloads" of words at non-white people as a way to not reveal truth and at the same time withold constructive information from non-white people so they could possibly avoid harm under the White Supremacists/Racists system. How do I know this? You did the same thing to me and other non-white people on theCode.net. Also, when white people are talking to white people about R/WS white people make it seem that the non-white person said something that non-white person DIDN'T say.

White people putting the focus back on non-white people by asking them for information on how to counter White Supremacy/Racism. You should be able to give very specific information on how to counter Racism/White Supremacy in the area of Economics automatically to nonwhite people. White people who say they are not White Supremacists, I suspect, are interacting on a daily basis with people who ARE White Supremacist/Racist. You should be an expert on what the White Supremacist/Racist SAY and DO in this area of people activity which is ECONOMICS. You said you are a White person.

Trina
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trina, thanks for the explanation. I can't claim to be concise but will try to be shorter, k? :)

More on the subject of economics, I don't know exactly what anyone knows about how white people are raised financially but more white people than black (because of oppression of black people economically) have always had a sense of the very most important thing to know re personal economics which is you have to get your money working for you. You have to invest it and get interest and compound interest.

(Einstein, when asked what is the greatest force in the universe, said compound interest)

It's the only way to get rich. For example, my dad and his siblings each inherited about $40,000 when their parents died, back in 1949 or so. My dad invested his in the stock market.

But his sister and her husband used theirs to build a huge barn on their rural property, and bought other things with it.

fBottom line -- my dad's wealth grew and compounded. My aunt's barn didn't appreciate in value much, out in rural N.C.

If she had bought land, that would have been an investment. But the barn didn't add much value to the property.

I haven't learned this lesson well at all, myself. But I advise anyone else to learn it. Invest invest invest.

But a white supremacist will tell you to buy all the stuff that will benefit the white capitalist system, and will try to take your assets away through tax laws that benefit rich white men and corporations. You have to educate yourself what they are doing to you, on Capitol Hill, in corporate America, in the Oval Office, etc.

If you go to an investment advisor, go to a black investment advisor. There are two who are on Joe Madison's show.

cloudsong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations