HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Is "white" a COLOR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighHouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could tell my family I'm not white and it wouldn't really matter. I could put a sign around my neck that says "I'm not white" and I wouldn't get lynched on the street.

What's your point?
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I could tell my family I'm not white and it wouldn't really matter. I could put a sign around my neck that says "I'm not white" and I wouldn't get lynched on the street.
--HighHouse

I could tell my family I'm a terrorist and it wouldn't really matter. I could put a sign around my neck that says "I'm a terrorist" and I wouldn't get sent to Guantanamo bay..."

You just hafta trust me on this. Im sure nothing would happen to me; but just like HighHouse, Im not gonna try it.

Josh
HighHouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a logical metaphor. I AM WHITE, YOU ARE NOT A TERRORIST. It doesn't make any sense to say that.

There's nothing wrong with being black in this country. Just suck it up and stop whining.
HighHouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And who said I'm not gonna try? I'm actually brave enough to try something, unlike yourself.
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And who said I'm not gonna try? I'm actually brave enough to try something, unlike yourself.
--HighHouse

Interesting:

"I'm actually brave enough"

Brave enough to do what?

Quote:
I could tell my family I'm not white and it wouldn't really matter. I could put a sign around my neck that says "I'm not white"
--HighHouse

Think about it folks,

HighHouse says he is "actually brave enough" to do it.

brave enough

brave enough

brave enough

HighHouse then goes on to state:

[quote]"... I AM WHITE...There's nothing wrong with being black in this country. Just suck it up and stop whining."[/quote]

HighHouse, Why do you need to be BRAVE if as you say: "There's nothing wrong with being black in this country"

What is it that you fear?

Josh
HighHouse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly don't fear you. I only am DISGUSTED with weirdos like you who only CONTRIBUTE to the wrongs in this country.
Trina

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
I certainly don't fear you. I only am DISGUSTED with weirdos like you who only CONTRIBUTE to the wrongs in this country.

HighHouse,

If you don't fear non-white males, what exactly do you fear?

What exactly do you mean when you say the WRONGS in this country?

Who exactly CONTRIBUTES to the WRONGS in this country?

Trina
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
There's nothing wrong with being black in this country. Just suck it up and stop whining.

I suspect you are here because you know that what I'm saying and what I'm doing doesn't result in me "sucking it up". I suspect the reason you're here is to make sure I do "suck it up". Counter-racist codification results in no more white supremacy (racism) and that is why I suspect you are here.

It is of no consequence, you are wasting your time.
RangerX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets follow the Logic...

Going by the standards and Logic that "White People" have setup...

If "White" IS a Color...

Then "White People" wouldnt be called "White People" (as in "Colorless People", or as in "White People" and "People of Color")

"White People" wouldnt classify themselves as "White People" (and everyone else as People of Color)

They would simply be (along with everyone else)...

"People of Color"

Then there would not be such a concept as

"White People" and "People of Color"

Just "People" (Since all People have Color, there is no need to mention "People of Color")

Now, in order for a Group of People to Classify themselves as something else, a NON-Something, in this case, Non-Colored, as in "I dont have Color/Shade whatsoever, unlike You Colored Beings" (which is False)...

Those People would have to take an existing Color and declare that it is Not a Color, simply, Overwrite "the Program" so to speak...

Change the Rules!

In this case, They have decided that "White" will Not be a Color, and have decided to classify themselves and each other as "White" People (Colorless People) and everyone else as "Non-White People" or People of Color...

That is False and Illogical.

But well More than half the World has accepted it without Question!

-RangerX
RWSWJ
HighHouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well why don't you go tell the President that it is illogical. I'm sure he would care what you have to think.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused now by this 'white' color issue though. At Neely Fuller's lecture on Sunday he asked me what color I am. I said, "I'm not 'white', like a white crayon. I'm beige."

He kind of ridiculed me -- 'you're BEIGE? Beige? You're a beige person?"

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I'm a little confused now by this 'white' color issue though. At Neely Fuller's lecture on Sunday he asked me what color I am. I said, "I'm not 'white', like a white crayon. I'm beige."

He kind of ridiculed me -- 'you're BEIGE? Beige? You're a beige person?"

cloudsong

A person that has, in the past, stated she is a white person that is now stating she is a beige person. This is the primary reason non-white people are suspect of people that say they are white people. A beige person is not a white person.

Are you a non-white person?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I am not a non-white person.

I was brought up as a white person with white privilege. I have learned from being on these forums that 'white' designates function and privilage, not so much actual color.

My actual color isn't chalk white, though. It's more off-beige or taupe.

Neely Fuller was just kind-of ridiculing or having fun with me though because I had thought in the light at Brother Bey's that his eyes were blue.

I had asked him about that and he said, "no, they're brown." So then when I said I was beige he said, "You thought my eyes were blue and you think you're beige."

Still learning...

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
No, I am not a non-white person.

If you are not a non-white person, logically speaking you are a white person. If you are a white person why did you tell Fuller you are a beige person? A beige person is not a white person.

Either you are an elephant or you're a non-elephant. Either you are royalty or you are non-royalty. In the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) either you are royalty (white person) or you are non-royalty (non-white person)...there is no in-between logically speaking.

Now, are you a white person?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Virtual God, I am a white person.

But Fuller didn't ask if I were a white person -- he asked what color my skin is. I tried to describe the actual color, because my skin is not the color of a white crayon.

I admire Fuller a lot - I was just trying to be as accurate to his questions as I could.

cloudsong
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: