HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Is "white" a COLOR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
I'm not talkin in terms of behavoir, I'm talkin in terms of what exits by mixing red, green, and COLORS together.

It's logical to say that if BLACK is the presence of all COLORS (red, green, blue, yellow, etc..) then WHITE would have to be the ABSENCE of all COLOR

correct?

smallz

If your premise is correct your statement is correct. Black is not the presence of all colors (red + green + blue). Black is not a color at all because it does not reflect light.

If black does not reflect light how can it be perceived by the eye as a color?


Intresting.

However, I must disagree.

If "black" does not reflect light how is that the eye can see "black".

It is my understanding that everything the "eye" is able to "see" is a result of light's reflection of it.

This include things that are "black".

If your premise is that "
Quote:
Black is not a color because it doesn't reflect light"
that's fine with me.

However, I can't make any sense of that.

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
...It's logical to say that if BLACK is the presence of all COLORS (red, green, blue, yellow, etc..) then WHITE would have to be the ABSENCE of all COLOR

correct?

If your premise is correct your statement is correct. Black is not the presence of all colors (red + green + blue). Black is not a color at all because it does not reflect light.

If black does not reflect light how can it be perceived by the eye as a color?

Ex… squeeze me brah,

Once more if you do not mind,

White, in the since of light, is absorbed thru a prism and illuminate all COLORS

Yet in the since of crayon colors, the mixtures of all COLORS is black.

When White light is absorbed by the eyes it RECOGNIZE the presents of the colors “red, green, and blue” and when mix, the color black is present. Therefore, if we look at it from a pigmentation/light-prospective white is not a color until recognized as one.

But by whom, you might ask?

You know who. *wink wink*

White “LIGHT” ---------> red, green, and blue ---------> the COLOR black

Now Hue-men skin COLORS is a different story.


Karim is correct that color is a matter of physics.

Color, like everything else in the known universe, is a form of energy. Black and white are obverse forms of the same energy like kinetic (moving) and potential(stored) energy. If a bicycle is ridden to the top of a hill, it has stored in that position a certain amount of potential energy, like a battery. When the bicycle is released to coast downhill the potential energy begins conversion to kinetic energy. At the bottom of the hill the bicycle has same amount of energy it did at the top of the hill. The energy has just changed its form from pure potential energy to pure kinetic energy.

The colors black and white have the same relationship to one another as potential and kinetic energy. Black is registered by the eye when an object/pigment is storing the entire spectrum of visible light energy(electromagnetic radiation). You may have heard of black holes in space that absorb everything--- even light. All other colors register to the eye as the electromagnetic frequency that is NOT being stored by the object/pigment. White is perceived by the eye when the object/pigment is storing NO visible EMR. That is to say that all of the EMR is reflected (bounced) back into space. Black and white are different forms of the same energy. Black is the gathering of all light energy. White is the disperson of all light energy.
_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?


Last edited by HelixHair on Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does color, as a matter of physics, mistreat people on the basis of color?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Does color, as a matter of physics, mistreat people on the basis of color?


No. That is why, as you have said, its use to categorize people for eligibility to be mistreated or to mistreat is illogical.
_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

COLOR does not mistreat people.

People mistreat People.

The WHITE Supremacists set up a system to mistreat PEOPLE on the basis of a COLOR (non white) classifacation created specifialy for the people within it to be mistreated for that reason.

I'm sayin that makes sense to me, since the people who are not subject to being mistreated on the basis of COLOR in a system of white supremacy classify themselves with a term that describes NON-COLOR: WHITE (The absence of COLOR). Which Logically speaking, does not make them eligible to be mistreated on those terms (COLOR).

Furthermore,

I suspect BLACK is the only COLOR.

Whereas Brown, Red, Yellow, Beige, light-Tan, Purple, cream, etc, are all SHADES of Black.

Again, if a people wanted to set up a behavoiral system of mistreatment based on COLOR wouldn't make sense that they would CLASSIFY THEMSELVES as a NON COLOR (i.e. WHITE) whithin that system?

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are delving into the color scheme to much. Do you honestly think the first white-supremacists sat and thought about colors to try to benefit themselves the most?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT.

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smallz,

Are you saying that whites DO sit around and think about the color scheme to try to hurt blacks?

-HighHouse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:


smallz,
Are you saying that whites DO sit around and think about the color scheme to try to hurt blacks?

-HighHouse


No.

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
COLOR does not mistreat people.

People mistreat People.

The WHITE Supremacists set up a system to mistreat PEOPLE on the basis of a COLOR (non white) classifacation created specifialy for the people within it to be mistreated for that reason.

Yes but it is white people who decide who is not white (non-white) and one of the tools white people use to practice white supremacy (racism) is deception.

smallz wrote:
I'm sayin that makes sense to me, since the people who are not subject to being mistreated on the basis of COLOR in a system of white supremacy classify themselves with a term that describes NON-COLOR: WHITE (The absence of COLOR). Which Logically speaking, does not make them eligible to be mistreated on those terms (COLOR).

Furthermore,

I suspect BLACK is the only COLOR.

Whereas Brown, Red, Yellow, Beige, light-Tan, Purple, cream, etc, are all SHADES of Black.

Again, if a people wanted to set up a behavoiral system of mistreatment based on COLOR wouldn't make sense that they would CLASSIFY THEMSELVES as a NON COLOR (i.e. WHITE) whithin that system?

Yes, that would be logical to me. The point I made earlier is because the white supremacists (racists) use deception, whether the color/non-color is in reference to people or in reference to red/green/blue is part of the confusion for many non-white people...especially since non-white people call themselves "black"...because they are not really the color black.

One of the tools I use to maintain focus in the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) is to use the term non-white when referring to people who the white people say are not white. This eliminates a lot of confusion for me because I don't get into the whole "black pride"/"black heritage"/"black people were the first people on the planet" thingy. White people say we are non-white so I take that word and give it a definition that has 3 identifiers:

(1) Classified as non-white
(2) Function as non-white in their relationships with non-white people
(3) Function as non-white in their relationship with white people in all areas of people activity.

I have been to what is called Africa and I ain't never seen a person that is the color black. People are just people. White people came up with the concept of doing all of the business in the world on the basis of what they call color...and they call color, in terms of people, any person that they say is not white (non-white). This is based on evidence and logic...racist logic...and racist logic is deceitful. No one is really the color white or the color black. These are terms used by white people who choose to practice the mistreatment of people...and now the "non-white people" have chosen to accept these terms with the definitions given to them by the same people who are doing business by mistreating them. This is truly pathological.

This is the reason it is so important for people classified as non-white to give words new definitions that reveal truth...that allow people to see what they're looking at. If black is the only color and that helps you to see the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) for what it really is and how it really works that's a beautiful thang. For me, all colors are neutral...its' the white thingy that allows the practice of white supremacy (racism)...and white people keep reminding me that I ain't white (non-white)...but that don't make me black or any shade of black...

...it just makes me a victim of white supremacy (racism).
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it whites who first started calling themselves white? Or was it non-whites?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
Was it whites who first started calling themselves white? Or was it non-whites?

According to the evidence there were no non-white people until there were white people.

According to the evidence I'm also a non-doctor. Until some people start calling themselves doctors and attributing behavior to it they were just people like me...now they're doctors. Since I do not behave (function) like a doctor behaves (functions) I'm classified as a non-doctor. Now I can become a doctor but in order for me to do so white people have to recognize me as such...otherwise I'm not really a doctor, but some form of a doctor...like a witch doctor...not really a doctor but close to it.

White people also decide if I get to function (behave) as a white person, and by calling yourself white you produced and still produce, through the maintenance of white supremacy (racism), people who are non-white and you assign value to those non-white people in the process.

Will you give up your classification as a white person HighHouse?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:

According to the evidence there were no non-white people until there were white people.

According to the evidence I'm also a non-doctor. Until some people start calling themselves doctors and attributing behavior to it they were just people like me...now they're doctors. Since I do not behave (function) like a doctor behaves (functions) I'm classified as a non-doctor. Now I can become a doctor but in order for me to do so white people have to recognize me as such...otherwise I'm not really a doctor, but some form of a doctor...like a witch doctor...not really a doctor but close to it.

White people also decide if I get to function (behave) as a white person, and by calling yourself white you produced and still produce, through the maintenance of white supremacy (racism), people who are non-white and you assign value to those non-white people in the process.

Will you give up your classification as a white person HighHouse?

Good post V_G...

Highhouse the ball is in your court...

What will you do with it?
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever told these "doctors" that you are also a doctor? Are there any specific examples where you have been mistreated? You sad you went to Africa. Any good stories behind that?

And yes, I would give up my classification as a white person.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
Have you ever told these "doctors" that you are also a doctor? Are there any specific examples where you have been mistreated? You sad you went to Africa. Any good stories behind that?

And yes, I would give up my classification as a white person.

Do you realize that is you're not a white person you're a non-white person in the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism)?

You might want to give that a second thought before you say you're not white. Of course it doesn't really matter if you say it around other people who are non-white. The test comes when you get around white people that will hang you from a tree for not being a white person.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations