HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

How do you handle this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Please, no personal attacks. This is one way white people get non-white people to perpetuate childlike behavior. Either help the person that needs help the most or don't say anything, this is a suggestion. I know it's hard for white people to not practice white supremacy (racism) but if you're interested in producing a SYSTEM that guarantees no person is mistreated and guarantees the person that needs help the most gets the most help, white people will have to resist the urge to say and do things that are productive only to the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism).

So V_God, Karim can mock and belittle me all he wants, but I can't retaliate or say anything back?

No sir, that is not the case at all. I didn't see where he called you any names. I will review the posts in this thread and if anyone has taken the conversation from Tacky to Trashy or Terroristic I will address that person. If you find any posts in this thread where that is taking place please let me know.
HighHouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you silly negro.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
Oh you silly negro.

How are you promoting a SYSTEM where it is guaranteed no person is mistreated and also guaranteed the person that needs help the most gets the most help by making the statement above?
HighHouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counter-Racist White Person?
HighHouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't answer my posts with links, please.
elan_noir

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, a friend (non-white has only dated white men), who I used to work with, called me and explained how the company, that I used to work for, is celebrating being in business for a few decades.

The directors decided to have semi-motivational speakers critique who the employees are and how they could become better employees/leaders. etc.

My friend was told that she was transparent and needed to open-up more. Then they asked why was she that way. They even videotaped the whole interview. She broke down and cried and said how she was unhappy with what she was doing at work and wanted a change. (Before I got to that point , I left that company for opportunities elsewhere.)

I asked, "why do they want to change who you are? so that they can control how you act?"

She proceeded to defend the motives of the exercise, saying that "The company wants everyone to be assertive and leader-like so that the competitors will not have an emotional edge. They wanted to get our emotions. Unfortunately, I cried as if I were in a psychiatrist's chair." The directors have this taped confession so that they can analyzed, look for the "doublespeaks" and the "doublethinks".

I asked her if she read "1984". I told that "Big Brother doesn't want you to think how you can become a better person for yourself, at your own time. BB wants you to serve the Party whenever they feel you have to."

However, she hasn't read the book.

Playing devil's advocate, I then agreed that she was transparent and further said, "you were just told you that you have no soul. Now what you are going to do about it?" Needless to say, she was a bit upset with me. I could have explained to her more about the word transparent (invisble...like Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man), but I stopped while I was ahead so that I can get her reactions.

She is a lost VOR, and any solutions that I offer will be unwanted. She (non-white Asian) would rather agree with the Motivational Speakers (white) and the Directors(white racists), than to agree with me (non-white) even if I say the exact same words as the directors!

Josh discussed this issue in his "Matrix" review, when people are faced with "real" reality, dammit, it hurts...now what?

Questions:

1. Have you had a video tape interview and motivational exercise?

2. Should I discuss The Code with my friend?

-Elan
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Questions:

1. Have you had a video tape interview and motivational exercise?

2. Should I discuss The Code with my friend?
--Elan_noir

Hmmm,

I haven't had "tha treatment" this so called video tape interview/motivational exercise...

But I suggest all non white people have a list committed to memory of all the things they need; just incase White people show up claiming they want to help you.

Sounds like they read to your friend from their list.

Elan_noir,

I suggest you tell your friend to create her OWN list of things she needs to do her job better and become a better employee.

You can offer to help her with her list.

If she can deal with that, maybe you should then go into the power dynamic of racism White supremacy.

Josh
elan_noir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh,

Update on my friend. I called her to find out what she is going to do about her situation. She says that she hasn't really thought about that situation much because she just got back from vacation.

I told her that I can offer her two points of view. The first is your suggestion of making a code for herself , which is simple. The second is the white power dynamic, which she does not want to hear. However, I prefaced her that I would say things that she has never heard me say in the past and she would probably deny that it (white supremacy/racism) really exists.

She said that she didn't want to hear EITHER point of view.
Then she asked me what book did I read, or am I saying something that a psychologist told me (FYI, I don't go to a the shrink anymore, because I talked about racism, I was treated like I was crazy to think that racism is factor in the WORKPLACE). I said no, but I have read books that have enlightened me to the truth.

She still turned me down and suggested that I should read The DaVinci Code,because that is the book that she is reading at the moment. She said that this book, which I have not read, enlightened her and she can't believe that she has been walking around stupid for so many years.

I then told her that "You don't become enlighten by chance...something, some event must trigger enlightened. You saught out the book for a reason." I think that it went over her head what I was refering to.

I have read that The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown has many falsehoods that people are actually believing. But, DaVinci, genius and all, understood the importance of a code, any code.

-Elan
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you tried.

you may just hafta wait for the "accident" when she may be more open to suggestions.

Just be on standby in the ER.

Josh
elan_noir

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you handle/counter being ignored by your boss?

The boss (extremely racist elitest white man) will relay to my manager (white racist) what I need to do, while I sitting right there to hear it. No eye contact at all.

I can say, "hello, I am right hear. tell me since I am the one to actually do any/all work in this office."

I have done this before and he still does his white supremacist routine.

Then he will relay half a fascimile so that I will not see other comments related to the project. Knowing the project is time sensitive, he hands it to me three days late. (Deception and misleading information)

Then he asks, "can we change the client more fee for the changes that they request?" (Like Josh says about "give me more money so that I can do my job.")

Now I ignore him by any means necessary. Oh, I get the work done, because work isn't the problem. Because he is passive aggressive he allows me to get away with treating him like an invisible person on most occastions, he doesn't feel the need to fire me since I am keeping the money coming.

I am looking for another job and have been for 18 months. It's much more difficult to find the right fit where the white supremacists will treat me fairly (I'm not going to wait for that to happen) or the black owned companies have not given me the opportunity for an initial interview.

In my field, white supremacists keep a nigger running, and running, and running...

-Elan

Last edited by elan_noir on Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
RangerX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's much more difficult to find the right fit where the white supremacists will treat me fairly elan-noir

"where the white supremacists will treat me fairly"

(((shakin my head)))

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elan_noir,

I heard one Black person say his counter racism in the work place strategy is to never stay at a job more than 3 years.

He says that in 3 years he has usually gotten as far as "they" wanted him to get when he was hired.

Josh
elan_noir

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:

He says that in 3 years he has usually gotten as far as "they" wanted him to get when he was hired.

Josh

Josh,

I will agree with that statement and counter-racism strategy, because my last long-term position was 4 years and I wasn't going too far there either. I had asked one of the directors (racist white woman), "Do you enjoy being the director even though then you don't do much of the creative stuff that I am doing."

She said,"Well Elan, I don't recommend my position. There is so much politics being the director, and to deal with people who don't understand the process is annoying."

Mind you that this woman takes minimum of 6 weeks of vacation, 6 figure salary plus 5 figure bonuses, and can travel to many places for free.

Racist director #2, same company, told an Asian employee (I stood by and heard him say this to her), "What is a title anyway? If you know that you are doing well at your job, then it doesn't matter what your title is."

Back to the present job...September would be the 3 year mark. I was considered to be lucky because I was able to quit the prevous 4 year job and get an offer for this job one day before September 11, 2001.

I told myself in 2003 that my answer to counter-racism is to own my very own business. My first client (racist white woman) treated me like a child because she was a lawyer and she claimed knew her rights, even though she signed a contract and decided not to pay the retainer, but still wanted the work done. Then she called me at home, knowing that she should have called me at my day-job for a one on one, left a nasty message on my voice mail saying, "Let me give you some big sisterly advice. I caution you that dealing with those people (an engineer), that they smell vulnerabilty and they will take advantage of you. If you said something to him...look I am your client...you are obligated to full disclosure to me only." (I digress sometimes.)

Furthermore, it definitely sucks to get run from job to job (keeping niggers running), but 3 years is considered the best time period to leave a job. For the potential new employers (mostly white racists), it shows that you have the able to keep a job for a while.

Next question: I would like to write in my resignation why I must leave the company for new employment, but do it in a diplomatic way. What would you recommend?

-Elan
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion is to produce a first draft where you tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (so help you God, shame the devil, bla bla bla)

Next, cull out those parts you deem "undiplomatic" a word or sentence at a time until you think its diplomatic.

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: