HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

"White Skin"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
Please talk to me, not your invisible friends.

And when did I say my justice is abusing niggers?

"Nuff said"

Will highHouse make constructive talk...?

I don't think so...

ahhh

what the hell...

HighHouse,

What is your definition of Justice?
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're the one making this a difficult conversation.

Ask me that question again and DON'T talk me down by talking to your "audience" and I will answer it accordingly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cone_Head#1



Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
ConeHead,

Are saying that there are people of color but there are no people without color, and you classify yourself as "white?" And under the system of white supremacy I'm classified as "Black..."


Yes, white people have a color, obviously. But it does not stand out as much as the dark brown to black tones of African people. And yes, I'm saying there are no people without color. How hard is that to understand. You don't go around calling people colorless, because there are no colorless people. White is a color, just like black.

Karim wrote:

Am I right thus far?

Ok, ConeHead

{{{slow mo}}}


Tacky.

Karim wrote:

Black and White are the only two color classification in existance... all other classifications such as Asian, Middle Eastern, Mexican, etc. aren't white, so what other color classification are they classified as?


Ever heard of calling an Asian "yellow"? I have. However, generally, they are not refered to by their color since it's not what stands out.

If you'll notice, I have repeated myself many times already in this post.
Apparently there's something you're not getting.

Karim wrote:

... What is the opposite of "people of color?"


Why does it have to have an opposite? There are many things in the world without opposites. For instance, what is the opposite of coffee? Or water? Or Zinc? Why are you so insistant on dividing things up into opposite sides there Karim?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Cone_Head#1 wrote:
Karim wrote:
ConeHead,

Are saying that there are people of color but there are no people without color, and you classify yourself as "white?" And under the system of white supremacy I'm classified as "Black..."


Yes, white people have a color, obviously. But it does not stand out as much as the dark brown to black tones of African people. And yes, I'm saying there are no people without color. How hard is that to understand. You don't go around calling people colorless, because there are no colorless people. White is a color, just like black.

Karim wrote:

Am I right thus far?

Ok, ConeHead

{{{slow mo}}}


Tacky.

Karim wrote:

Black and White are the only two color classification in existance... all other classifications such as Asian, Middle Eastern, Mexican, etc. aren't white, so what other color classification are they classified as?


Ever heard of calling an Asian "yellow"? I have. However, generally, they are not refered to by their color since it's not what stands out.

If you'll notice, I have repeated myself many times already in this post.
Apparently there's something you're not getting.

Karim wrote:

... What is the opposite of "people of color?"


Why does it have to have an opposite? There are many things in the world without opposites. For instance, what is the opposite of coffee? Or water? Or Zinc? Why are you so insistant on dividing things up into opposite sides there Karim?

Cone_Head,

"People of color"

Keyword: People

You just stated Asian are called (not on birth certificate) "Yellow" not white.

Black people are classified (on birth certificate) as Black not white

White people are classified (on birth certificate) as white not color, Black, Asian, Mexican, Latino, etc.

You notice the difference?
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
You're the one making this a difficult conversation.

Ask me that question again and DON'T talk me down by talking to your "audience" and I will answer it accordingly.

{{{Shaking my head}}}
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignoring me because you don't know what to say?

That's what I thought.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
Ignoring me because you don't know what to say?

That's what I thought.

I chose not engauge in non-constructive activities...

Who are the "people without color?"
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no people without color.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cone_Head#1



Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
White people are classified (on birth certificate) as white not color, Black, Asian, Mexican, Latino, etc.

You notice the difference?


Yeah, I notice the difference. White people are called white and btw, that is a color. No one calls asians people of color either. And why would you call a white person any of those other ethnicities when they aren't from those areas?

How hard is it to understand? Lemme try to make it more clear (for the 4th time):

People of Color - A way to describe African people, because of their unique skin color.

All other people - While having color, they are not described as such, because their skin color is not as unique, therefore, people of color would not distinguish between them.

If you don't get it by now, I just gotta stop trying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cone_Head#1 wrote:
Yes, white people have a color, obviously. But it does not stand out as much as the dark brown to black tones of African people.


Cone_Head,

To whom does the color of "white" people stand out less?


HelixHair
_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To EVERYONE.

Ask less obvious questions please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
To EVERYONE.

Ask less obvious questions please.


HighHouse, what is an "obvious question?" I did not know something. So, I asked a question so that I could possibly learn it.

HighHouse, to me the color of most people who are called "white" stands out more than that of those called "black." I have asked several of my relatives and acquaintances. They all said the same. Why do you say that the color of "white" people stands out less to "everyone?"
_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?


Last edited by HelixHair on Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the majority of people are white in this country. After that there are latins and asians, whose color is the same as whites. So it's logical to say that blacks stand out the most to the general populace of the US.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
Well the majority of people are white in this country. After that there are latins and asians, whose color is the same as whites. So it's logical to say that blacks stand out the most to the general populace of the US.


HighHouse:

You did not answer the question from my post directly preceeding this one. 1) Was your response "everyone" an error? 2)How many "asians" and "latins" descibed above in your statement have you asked about which "stands out" more?; and 3) Are those "asians" and "latins" white people? If they are not, why aren't they?

I presume by "blacks" and "whites" you mean people who are classified as black and white respectively. If that is an incorrect presumption, please let me know.
_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By everyone I mean all people.

Asians are not white people. Latins are a combination of asians, whites, and blacks.

You don't need to ask people. Blacks have the darkest skin of all humans. For that reason they are called "blacks". Asian's coloring doesn't stand out, therefore they don't have a color name. Whites are called whites because they have fair skin, but mostly because we contrast with black people and black and whites make up most of the US.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations