HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

"White Skin"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighHouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.
Cone_Head#1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Response for VG and Josh Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:

Nope. If being white in a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) does not have to do with your skin color (and it doesn't) and being white in a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) does not have to do with deeds (saying and doing) what does it have to do with?

Ahh, see that's of course assuming that I think this whole "system" exists. And somehow, a system that governs my thoughts and actions that I don't even realize exists, seems far fetched to me.

Virtual_God wrote:
How separate is separate? No such thing as separate. We are on a ball suspended in what is called "space"...we are all on the same ball that is called earth. This earth depends on other balls called the sun, moon, planets, etc. Everything in the universe depends on everything else.

How is that separate?

I didn't ask if we could become seperate, I asked if you were trying to divide whites and non-whites, or bring them together.

Btw, you can seperate people, while being on Earth. You can put them in different schools, different countries, different continents. We seperate criminals from the rest of society with jail. We seperate our President with the secret service. Can you just go up to the President for a hug? I think not. I'd say you're pretty seperated from him. But that's off my point.

Virtual_God wrote:

What you said about what? No person has the same skin color as a white crayon.

Okay, follow me from post to post here. I know no person has skin color equal to that of a crayon, and why does this fact have anything to do with:

Cone_Head#1 wrote:
And why can't you derive "what" you're talking to by the ideas presented rather than from the skin color of the presenter?

As you can see, I'm not trying to say white people are like crayons. I'm trying to say, why bring race into it at all? Shouldn't this discussion be about how best to counter racism rather than what color whites really are?

Virtual_God wrote:

Nope. This is a work/study project on racism (white supremacy) and how to replace it with a SYSTEM of justice.

How does informing me of facts I already know (like what color my skin is) help counter racism?

Virtual_God wrote:

I agree that skin color may be irrelevant. If that is true why do you say you're a white person

because you ask me things like:

Virtual_God wrote:
How do you function as a white person?

And when I bring up the topic of my skin color, it's usually in statements like these:

Cone_Head#1 wrote:

I was trying to point out that a person's ideas are what's important, and that skin color is irrelevent

Get the drift? I feel you're the one trying to make the distinction that I'm white rather than me.
Cone_Head#1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
1) What is "ethnicity?"

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ethnicity

The dictionary is your friend.

Karim wrote:

2) If I'm (a non-white person) described as "people of color," then who is described as "people without color?"

No one silly pants. There is no ethnic group that has distinctive colorless skin, therefore I do not ever have to use this phrase "people without color".

Karim wrote:

3) Cone_Head, are you (a white person) saying you heard someone say "people of color?"

I'm saying I'm a person that heard someone say "people of color". My being white has nothing to do with my auditory capabilities. Stop asking obvious questions that you already should know the answers to. It does nothing but annoy people, which won't really help counter racism, now will it?

Karim wrote:
Are Asians "people of color?"

I, personally, have not heard of an asian being described as a "person of color".

And Karim, I've ofter heard you say "Non-White". Does this mean you are every color of the rainbow, except white?
Karim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Let's observe some of what Cone_head wrote

And keep in mind that Cone_Head has stated (on the record), he is classified as "white."
Cone_Head#1 wrote:

No one silly pants. There is no ethnic group that has distinctive colorless skin, therefore I do not ever have to use this phrase "people without color".

Cool! But is the the term in use...

Keep reading

Cone_Head wrote:

I'm saying I'm a person that heard someone say "people of color".

I ask who are the "people without color?"

Did I get an answer...?

Let me think about it...

mmmm...

No

Cone_Head wrote:
My being white has nothing to do with my auditory capabilities

What'd...

What does your ears have to do with mistreating niggers?

Cone_head wrote:
Stop asking obvious questions that you already should know the answers to.

Did I get an answer or a bucket of words that went nowhere?

Cone_Head wrote:
It does nothing but annoy people, which won't really help counter racism, now will it?

Cone_Head,

Are you here to "help counter racsim/white supremacy?"

Cone_Head wrote:

And Karim, I've ofter heard you say "Non-White". Does this mean you are every color of the rainbow, except white?
No, it means not FUNCTIONING as people classified as white
Cone_Head#1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
And keep in mind that Cone_Head has stated (on the record), he is classified as "white."

Because God knows only a white man could be this evil.

<_<

>_>

Karim wrote:

I ask who are the "people without color?"

Did I get an answer...?

Let me think about it...

mmmm...

No

Cone_Head#1 wrote:

I ask who are the "people without color?" --> No one silly pants.

Question = I ask who are the "people without color?"
Answer = No one silly pants.

Given I clarified why no one is called people without color after that, but that was just a:

karim wrote:

a bucket of words that went nowhere?

?

Or maybe to you ;)

Karim wrote:

What'd...
What does your ears have to do with mistreating niggers?

Well..... let me see if I can pound the nail of understand through the block of wood.

Karim wrote:

3) Cone_Head, are you (a white person) saying you heard someone say "people of color?"

You said that putting extra emphasis on "a white person". I said that I am a person who has heard that phrase. This indicates that I have no idea why you put white person there, and that I think it has no relevance to the fact that I have or haven't heard a particular statement.

karim wrote:
Did I get an answer or a bucket of words that went nowhere?

I apoligize if you can't understand what I'm saying. Perhaps you understand how most outsiders feel when they come here?

Karim wrote:

No, it means not FUNCTIONING as people classified as white

What can't you do that I can do? Besides understand what I'm saying of course ;)
Karim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ConeHead,

Are saying that there are people of color but there are no people without color, and you classify yourself as "white?" And under the system of white supremacy I'm classified as "Black..."

Am I right thus far?

Ok, ConeHead

{{{slow mo}}}

Black and White are the only two color classification in existance... all other classifications such as Asian, Middle Eastern, Mexican, etc. aren't white, so what other color classification are they classified as?

Now, I once heard people classified as white refer to people other than themselves as "people of color..."

... What is the opposite of "people of color?"
HighHouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opposite of people of color are people who don't bitch and don't use racism as a crutch.
Karim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
The opposite of people of color are people who don't bitch and don't use racism as a crutch.

How are you promoting Justice; Justice meaning guaranteeing no person is mistreated and those who needs the most help gets it?
HighHouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not my definition of justice, so I'm not going to answer it.
Karim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
That's not my definition of justice, so I'm not going to answer it.
Noted
HighHouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you promoting Justice; Justice meaning guaranteeing no person is mistreated and those who needs the most help gets it?
Karim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:

"That's not my definition of justice, so I'm not going to answer it."---HighHouse

For Non-whites: Did HighHouse answer my question...?

I think not...

"A topical day of racism/white supremacy?"

Last edited by Karim on Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:29 am; edited 2 times in total
HighHouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:

"I'm not gonna answer it, instead I'm gonna talk to other non-whites about how clever I am"

For Whites: Did Karim answer my question...?

Or course not. Even after he made it clear that he tries to promote justice, he chose to evade my question.

"Oh those silly negroes"
Karim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I guess HighHouse definition of Justice is mistreat niggers...

only niggers
HighHouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please talk to me, not your invisible friends.

And when did I say my justice is abusing niggers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: