HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

"White Skin"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3077
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: "White Skin" Reply with quote

Observed Phenomenon:

A person that says they are a white person also says they have "white skin".

Hypothesis:

There is no such thing as a person with "White Skin". I suspect that when a person who says they are white refers to having "white skin" they are referring to two things:

(1) The person who says they are white are talking about a process by which they give code to a person who has the choice and ability to either accept or reject the code to function as a white person.

(2) The person who says they are white are talking about a process by which their choice and ability to function as white person, by being given the code and ability to do so, may be taken from them by another white person.

These two suspicions are primarily the reason white people will never completely eliminate the term white in reference to themselves. Since there is no person with the same color skin as a white crayon, and, the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) preceds the ability of people who say they are white to modify DNA, hence not primarily "genetically" related, we will seek to find out what a white person means when they say they have "white skin".

Experiment:

Questions to ask are as follows:

Are you a white person?

How do you know you are a white person?

Is your skin the same color as a white crayon?

Since your skin is not the same color as a white crayon what do you mean when you say you have white skin?

What do you mean when you say "white skin" since "white skin" is not the color white?

Who decides if a person is a white person, a POWERFUL person or a POWERLESS person?


Results:

The results of this experiment are that no person on this planet has white skin, meaning the same color skin as a white crayon and the color of a white crayon is the only color white. Any other color that is said to be white, such as "off white", are in fact not the color white.

No person "looks white". Racism (White Supremacy) is behavior not a look. Behavior is functional. If you want to find out if someone functions as a white person you'll have to ask them the first question in the Experiment phase (Are you a white person?).

THE LOGIC states that there are 3 identifiers of a white person in the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) and they are as follows. If you try to substitute any other words for any of these words the result of your experiment will be tainted:

(1) Classifies themselves as white and have been classified as white
(2) Accepted as white by other people classified as white
(3) Functions as white in all places and at all times.

A white person has all three of these behaviors, not one or two but all three, and you will not know this by "looking" at them.

Scientific Theory:

There is no such thing as "White Skin". Skin does not practice white supremacy (racism), people do. Skin is what skin does.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?


Last edited by Edward Williams on Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there is no person with the same color skin as a white crayon, --VGOD


Wow!

Now its all comming together for me.

Only the smartest most powerful people could assign themselves a non existent skin color,

and have "other people" accept it with out question.


From here on out Im gonnna question it.

Im gonna keep a sheet of bond paper in my pocket and when ever a person says ""because I have White skin"...Im gonna whip it out and hold it up to their face and ask them why their face is darker than the paper.


I suspect this is why Adolf Hitler and the Nazis got so many White people nervous.

He appeared to be in the prcess of tightening up the definition of what a White person is...eliminating "wiggle room" and most importantly language.

Not this time "Juden"...you ain't talkin your way out this time..."

No hearing...

no appeals...

no trial...


Only a "shower"


Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
keljam69



Joined: 31 Dec 2003
Posts: 5
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Interesting Reply with quote

Interesting commentary VG. It would also be interesting if anthropologists had some sense of how the various skin colorations became so divergent during the 5,000 years or so of know history (at least what I have studied). Do you think it to be geographical, such as the intense sun and heat of the African continent causing higher production of melanin in the skin vs. the less sunny/warm climate of western Europe (Northwestern may be a more appropriate description)? Just curious to hear your thoughts because I find myself pondering the notion once in awhile.

I often what sort of characteristic people would find to differentiate themselves if skin coloration were not an issue. Height and weight might be fairly obvious, and they are clearly factors in today's society that we unconciously use to classify others. Do we not always look for ways to rate ourselves above others?

Regards,
keljam69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3077
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting Reply with quote

keljam69 wrote:
Interesting commentary VG. It would also be interesting if anthropologists had some sense of how the various skin colorations became so divergent during the 5,000 years or so of know history (at least what I have studied). Do you think it to be geographical, such as the intense sun and heat of the African continent causing higher production of melanin in the skin vs. the less sunny/warm climate of western Europe (Northwestern may be a more appropriate description)?

I don't know.

keljam69 wrote:
Just curious to hear your thoughts because I find myself pondering the notion once in awhile.

I often what sort of characteristic people would find to differentiate themselves if skin coloration were not an issue. Height and weight might be fairly obvious, and they are clearly factors in today's society that we unconciously use to classify others. Do we not always look for ways to rate ourselves above others?

I don't.

Are you a white person?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I often *wonder* what sort of characteristic people would find to differentiate themselves if skin coloration were not an issue.--Keljam69


How about fear of annihilation of recessive genetic characteristics i.e being "fucked off the planet"?

Just wondering TOO.

Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
keljam69



Joined: 31 Dec 2003
Posts: 5
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Response for VG and Josh Reply with quote

VG:

Thanks for response. Sorry for my delay but I have been quite busy with work and school lately. In answer to your question about my ethnicity...I am what would be termed by many as caucasian. What I know of my lineage is that it originates in the UK and Germany, although my family has lived in the US since the early 19th century. I'm hesistant to say yes to your question based on my reading here on this website. However, in absence of that knowledge/understanding I would answer your question yes.

I just wish that people could get along regardless of these inconsequential differences, but I - just like everyone else on this planet - find themselves establishing differences to alienate or segregate others from a situation. I would really like to get your thoughts on that because I see that you seriously consider the opinions stated on these forums. I offer the following for an example. For the example assume that each subsequent step has resolved any prior issue presented. For example, item 2 assumes that item 1 has been overcome as a source for discrimination.

People are "different" because they are...

1. white, black, red, yellow, etc...

2. Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, etc...

3. Catholic, Baptist, Protestant, Lutheran, etc...

4. Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox, etc...

Those are some of the more fundamental types of issues we see in society today, but it trickles down to the minutia of things in life. Birds of a feather...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josh:

What are the recessive genetic traits you reference? I'm not certain that I can offer any intelligent commentary until I better understand the statement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3077
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Response for VG and Josh Reply with quote

keljam69 wrote:
VG:

Thanks for response. Sorry for my delay but I have been quite busy with work and school lately. In answer to your question about my ethnicity...I am what would be termed by many as caucasian. What I know of my lineage is that it originates in the UK and Germany, although my family has lived in the US since the early 19th century. I'm hesistant to say yes to your question based on my reading here on this website. However, in absence of that knowledge/understanding I would answer your question yes.

I just wish that people could get along regardless of these inconsequential differences, but I - just like everyone else on this planet - find themselves establishing differences to alienate or segregate others from a situation. I would really like to get your thoughts on that because I see that you seriously consider the opinions stated on these forums. I offer the following for an example. For the example assume that each subsequent step has resolved any prior issue presented. For example, item 2 assumes that item 1 has been overcome as a source for discrimination.

People are "different" because they are...

1. white, black, red, yellow, etc...

2. Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, etc...

3. Catholic, Baptist, Protestant, Lutheran, etc...

4. Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox, etc...

Those are some of the more fundamental types of issues we see in society today, but it trickles down to the minutia of things in life. Birds of a feather...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josh:

What are the recessive genetic traits you reference? I'm not certain that I can offer any intelligent commentary until I better understand the statement.

Are you a white person?

This is a very interesting response you've provided. You talked about what you've been termed as and what you "would say" that you are and I get a lot of those kinds of statements from people that function as a white person.

This is a very simple question that uses very simple words. I suspect that even though the answer to this very simple question uses words as well, it is the function that the answer implies that makes it difficult for some people to answer with a simple "yes" or "no". I also suspect that you know if you've ever been mistreated on the basis of color.

Before I can respond to your questions above I'm going to need an answer to my initial question in a "yes" or "no" format, without talking about your ancestry, your skin, your eye color, or your religion.

Are you a white person?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the recessive genetic traits you reference? I'm not certain that I can offer any intelligent commentary until I better understand the statement."--keljam69

pale skin, blonde hair, blue eyes...

Do White people practice racism White supremacy to guarrentee the survival of these traits?

Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
keljam69



Joined: 31 Dec 2003
Posts: 5
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Response to VG Reply with quote

I did at the end of that commentary...here is the clip.

<However, in absence of that knowledge/understanding I would answer your question yes. >
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keljam69



Joined: 31 Dec 2003
Posts: 5
Location: Washington DC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

[quote="Josh"]pale skin, blonde hair, blue eyes...[/quote]

Hmmm...I'm sure there are those out there that think this way conciously, but I'm not certain of how prevalent it is. I wonder if there is something in our genetics that could drive this on an unconcious level?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 650
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unconcious level?


?

{{starting my stopwatch}}

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3077
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Response to VG Reply with quote

keljam69 wrote:
I did at the end of that commentary...here is the clip.

<However, in absence of that knowledge/understanding I would answer your question yes. >

Does your response mean that you are a white person?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If keljam is a black person and he posted the exact same things, would you still respond the same way to him? Why or why not?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3077
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
If keljam is a black person and he posted the exact same things, would you still respond the same way to him? Why or why not?

Yes I would. It is imperative that all non-white people understand what they are talking to in a SYSTEM where the people classified as non-white are mistreated.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Cone_Head#1



Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Response for VG and Josh Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Are you a white person?


Isn't it odd that the administrator of a counter-racist website is the first person to bring race into the picture?

Virtual_GOD wrote:

Yes I would. It is imperative that all non-white people understand what they are talking to in a SYSTEM where the people classified as non-white are mistreated.


Why do you refer to a white person a "what" rather than "who"?

And why can't you derive "what" you're talking to by the ideas presented rather than from the skin color of the presenter?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations