HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Saddams capture...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHouse,

The closer we get to racism (white supremacy), what it is and how it works, white people get offended and non-white people get embarrassed. I ask all white people questions about how racism (white supremacy) works. I'm not talking about justice in the abstract I'm talking about guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

The SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) is the single greatest obstacle to implementing a SYSTEM of justice. The white people who practice white supremacy (racism) know this.

Now, you may not be a white person that practices white supremacy (racism)...I don't know...but it is logical for me to ask white people questions that say they are not white supremacists (racists) how the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) works because all white supremacists (racists) are white people.

This means even if you're not a white person that practices white supremacy (racism) chances are you have been in contact, during some part of your existence, with a white person that did/does. It is important if we're going to replace this horrific unjust SYSTEM with a SYSTEM of justice there are certain realities where we're going to have to have a clear understanding. One of those realities is as a white person you know more about how the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) works than all non-white people combined because at any time, of your own choosing, you can help to maintain, expand, and/or refine the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism).

I have one question for you that I don't think any person has asked as of yet. Since all white people are not white supremacists (racists) but all white people benefit from the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism), a SYSTEM where non-white people are mistreated on the basis of color...

What are the mechanics for white people benefiting from non-white people being mistreated on the basis of color?
Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your all so anti-white here i'm beginning to think I need to start a forum against black supremacy! Please, stop thinking everyhting the white man says has a hidden meaning! Let's test this out now, "I like my coffee black with two sugers" am I being racist if I say that? How about, "It's dark in here" ?
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I like my coffee black with two sugers" am I being racist if I say that? How about, "It's dark in here" ?

--Thomas

Thomas, you are being a racist when you practice raceISM.

You, being a member of the RACE; should describe what a race member does in all 9 areas of people activity.

I'll walk you through one:

ah uhm...

1. You are the coach and A Black football player that has "great hands" shows up to tryout.

As a race member you would:

a. Train him to be a quarterback.

B. Tell him he's a wide reciever.

See how it works?

Josh
HighHouse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

V_God,

First I would like to say thankyou for a curteous post that didn't talk me down or try to intimidate me. Although Thomas does have a point.

Virtual_GOD wrote:
What are the mechanics for white people benefiting from non-white people being mistreated on the basis of color?

Concerning your question, I do not believe that ALL whites benefit from racism against blacks. There are people in Europe that have virtually nothing to do with blacks. However, I believe you are correct in saying that most whites who are NOT racists do benefit from racism unknowingly in the United States. Your question is a new one and I haven't given much thought, but I will try my best.

First off, white people would benefit because it may give us a sense of self-pride? We may feel better about ourselves as a race. Obviously, back when slavery was present in America, Southerners NEEDED racism in order for slavery to work. They convinced themselves that blacks were inferior, in order to justify them being our slaves. In a way it was innocent at first. When the first nieve whites came to Africa, I'm sure they just assumed the blacks were some kind of ape man or something. But eventually they realized they were just like us, but we depended on them so much we didn't want to change. Next, as far as the contemporary situation goes, racism may be used to justify why whites are in more offices of power or have better educations? Maybe we use the excuse that we are better to justify why we have it better in this country. The actual mechanics of it would be that there is a subtle level of racism that most whites don't sense yet its there for our unknowing benefit.

That's the best I can think of on such short notice, V_God.

Thanks,
HighHouse
cloudsong

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, may I question one of your assertions -- that there are people in Europe who have virtually nothing to do with blacks? That doesn't mean that they have virtually nothing to do with hurting blacks.

Since Europe as a whole has benefitted from the the history of European colonialization of most African countries, Europeans have benefitted from white supremacy through colonialization for just one example.

To what European countreis are you referring, that have virtually nothing to do with blacks? If you look into the entire history of those countries, I'm sure you will find ways that the people in those countries have benefitted from ways blacks have been hurt.

That's why opposing policies and institutions that operate worldwide to the detriment of non-white people, such as the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank and many of their policies, is so important. If the people in the countries to which you refer are not actively working against hurtful policies of these two organizations, just for an example, then they are indirectly furthering the agenda of white supremacy and racism. cloudsong
HighHouse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had forgotten about the colonization of Africa. Good points cloudsong. Yet it is still important to remember that most whites do not really know they are reaping the benefits of racism or that they may be contributing to it.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
V_God,

First I would like to say thankyou for a curteous post that didn't talk me down or try to intimidate me. Although Thomas does have a point.

Virtual_GOD wrote:

Concerning your question, I do not believe that ALL whites benefit from racism against blacks. There are people in Europe that have virtually nothing to do with blacks. However, I believe you are correct in saying that most whites who are NOT racists do benefit from racism unknowingly in the United States. Your question is a new one and I haven't given much thought, but I will try my best.

No sir, I never stated "most whites who are NOT racists do benefit from racism unknowingly in the United States". Racism (White Supremacy) is a global SYSTEM of behavior for the purpose of maintaining the POWER equation of white over non-white.

Even white babies benefit from white people being the most POWERFUL people on the planet and I suspect white babies, new born babies, do not practice white supremacy (racism).

HighHouse wrote:
First off, white people would benefit because it may give us a sense of self-pride? We may feel better about ourselves as a race. Obviously, back when slavery was present in America, Southerners NEEDED racism in order for slavery to work. They convinced themselves that blacks were inferior, in order to justify them being our slaves. In a way it was innocent at first. When the first nieve whites came to Africa, I'm sure they just assumed the blacks were some kind of ape man or something. But eventually they realized they were just like us, but we depended on them so much we didn't want to change. Next, as far as the contemporary situation goes, racism may be used to justify why whites are in more offices of power or have better educations? Maybe we use the excuse that we are better to justify why we have it better in this country. The actual mechanics of it would be that there is a subtle level of racism that most whites don't sense yet its there for our unknowing benefit.

That's the best I can think of on such short notice, V_God.

Thanks,
HighHouse

Thank you for your analysis HighHouse. Are you interested in replacing the current supreme SYSTEM of POWER (racism/white supremacy) that mistreats people on the basis of color with a SYSTEM that guarantees that no person is mistreated and also guarantees the person that needs help the most gets the most help?
HighHouse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
No sir, I never stated "most whites who are NOT racists do benefit from racism unknowingly in the United States". Racism (White Supremacy) is a global SYSTEM of behavior for the purpose of maintaining the POWER equation of white over non-white.

In my opinion these two are the same thing.

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Thank you for your analysis HighHouse. Are you interested in replacing the current supreme SYSTEM of POWER (racism/white supremacy) that mistreats people on the basis of color with a SYSTEM that guarantees that no person is mistreated and also guarantees the person that needs help the most gets the most help?

I am. But I feel the need to mention once more that racism is not white supremacy. White supremacy is a form of racism, but the two are not equal. There are many other forms of racism. For instance, during the second world war, the Japanese people were taught that the white man was meant to serve the Japanese man.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

In my opinion these two are the same thing.

Virtual_GOD wrote:

I am. But I feel the need to mention once more that racism is not white supremacy. White supremacy is a form of racism, but the two are not equal. There are many other forms of racism. For instance, during the second world war, the Japanese people were taught that the white man was meant to serve the Japanese man.

What must white people say and do to replace the current supreme SYSTEM of POWER (racism/white supremacy) where people are classifed as non-white and mistreated on the basis of that classification, with a SYSTEM that guarantees that no person is mistreated and also guarantees the person that needs help the most gets the most help?
HighHouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off V_God, I would just like you to acknowledge that white supremacy is not the only form of racism. Then I will answer your question.

Thanks,

HighHouse
cloudsong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-God, as a person classified as white, I will answer what white people can say and do to counter white supremacy and racism.

The first thing a white person should do is open his eyes. Stop shutting out the signs and symptoms of white supremacy and racism that are all around us. I do see much justice too, but I do also see the white supremacy and racism. We 'white' people need to be willing to look around at how the world is working, rather than to just feel good about ourselves, and self-congratulating ourselves thinking we're each so wonderful and non-racist because we personally don't feel racist or don't engage in any racist actions that we're aware of. Usually there are many racist forces that we're not consciously aware of, that we're supporting.

We need to become aware and realize that there are systems and forces and institutions and agendas in place in the world that work to perpetuate helping white people and hurting non-white people.

The Civil Rights Act was only passed forty years ago in this country. Before that, institutions in this country were set up to benefit whites. Despite much change, institutions don't change that quickly -- there are still many ways the world continues on a white-preferred course.

White people have an obligation to look at this, and not to look away. Awareness is the first step for white people.

I get caught in the middle when I say things like this - black people don't trust me, and whie racists, people like our Attorney General Ashcroft, bash me. Well, if Ashcroft's people come and mysteriously murder me, he can blame it on you. :) But I'm willling to state my beliefts, because white people, after the first step of becoming aware, secondly need to have the courage to stand up to the powerful white-biased institutions - World Bank, IMF, much of corporate America, etc. cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
First off V_God, I would just like you to acknowledge that white supremacy is not the only form of racism. Then I will answer your question.

Thanks,

HighHouse

Sorry...no can do. The only way that white people have become the most POWERFUL people in the known universe (white supremacy) is by mistreating people on the basis of color (racism).

White Supremacy = Racism

Now, white people disagree on a lot of things. White people argue with each other, fight each other, and even kill each other. But there is one thing white people shake hands on all over the planet and that is to not allow non-white people any measurable POWER to theirs. The white people that practice white supremacy (racism) maintain this POWER by practicing white supremacy (racism).

Since white people, collectively speaking, are the most POWERFUL people in the known universe and the white people that practice white supremacy (racism) maintain this POWER by mistreating people on the basis of color, white supremacy equals racism. No other people in the known universe are more POWERFUL than the white people that mistreat people on the basis of color and evidence of this is that the white people that mistreat people on the basis of color, the white supremacists (racists), are the most POWERFUL people on the planet.

If white people that didn't practice white supremacy (racism) were more POWERFUL than the white people that do practice white supremacy (racism) there wouldn't be such a thing as white supremacy (racism). If non-white people were more POWERFUL than the white people that practice white supremacy (racism) there wouldn't be such a thing as white supremacy (racism).

If you are not a white person that practices white supremacy (racism) you should be willing to replace the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM that guarantees that no person is mistreated and also guarantees the person that needs help the most gets the most help (justice).

You can aid in the replacement of the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice by answering some questions and doing very specific things. Keep in mind that the white supremacists (racists) may come after you for doing these things. The first question you can answer for me is:

What must white people say and do to replace the current supreme SYSTEM of POWER (racism/white supremacy) where people are classifed as non-white and mistreated on the basis of that classification, with a SYSTEM that guarantees that no person is mistreated and also guarantees the person that needs help the most gets the most help?
HighHouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry V_God, but I still want to talk about this racism, white supremacy issue before you ask me any more questions.

I realize that white supremacy is the most prevalent and powerful form of racism in the world, but there have been so many other cases of racism that you cannot simply label white supremacy as the only kind.

If you'd like more examples I would be happy to provide you with some.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
I'm sorry V_God, but I still want to talk about this racism, white supremacy issue before you ask me any more questions.

I realize that white supremacy is the most prevalent and powerful form of racism in the world, but there have been so many other cases of racism that you cannot simply label white supremacy as the only kind.

Thank you for your courteous response HighHouse. I'm not interested in a history lesson though. I'm talking about right now this very minute while I'm writing this very post...white supremacy = racism.

It would be tragic if we could not get beyond this to discuss replacing the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice...but I suspect this may be one of the reasons we have a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) or one of the ways white people practice white supremacy (racism).

Now I'm not saying that you are practicing white supremacy (racism) HighHouse because I simply do not know all the ways white supremacy (racism) is practiced against non-white people. I do know that when there is a problem that needs to be solved it is best to solve that problem and not wait until someone calls the problem by the name a person wants them to call the problem, otherwise the problem may never get solved.

Would it help if I rephrased the question?

What must white people do to replace the current supreme SYSTEM that is enforced by white people who are choosing to mistreat people they classify as non-white on the basis of that classification with a SYSTEM that guarantees that no person is mistreated and also guarantees the person that needs help the most ges the most help?
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:

You don't need any examples becasue non white people connnot practice racsim/white supremacy, due to all the evidence that suggests racsim/white supremacy is a system of mistreatment based on COLOR.

Why else would the most POWERFUL people describe themselves as a NON COLOR?

Anything that a non white person does on this planet, must fall within one of these 9-areas of people relations:

Economics, Education, Entertaninment, Politics, Labor, Law, Religion, Sex, and War.

The white people who practice racism (the white supremacists) control all 9 of these areas.

That's white I say that, Racsism IS White Supremacy and White Supremacy IS Racism.

Whatever non white people decide to do "good" or "bad" occurs within the system the white people control (i.e White Supremacy.)

Right now this second.

I suspect this is what the white people who came up with the term white supremacy where trying to describe.

smallz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: