HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Is "white" a COLOR?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

According to THE LOGIC,

Can a perosn add COLOR to a white piece of paper by using a "white crayon"?

If not, why?

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.


Last edited by Dan Freeman on Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to COMMON SENSE,

Can a person add COLOR to a black chalkboard with a black piece of chalk?

If not, why?

HighHouse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

Quote:
According to COMMON SENSE,

Can a person add COLOR to a black chalkboard with a black piece of chalk?


HighHouse,
If your gonna respond to questions that I ask with other questions, don't bother responding to questions that I ask.
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
According to THE LOGIC,

Can a perosn add COLOR to a white piece of paper by using a "white crayon"?

If not, why?

smallz

White is a color, logically speaking. This is one of the reasons racism (white supremacy) is illogical and one of the ways the racists (white supremacists) keep non-white people confused.

The white supremacists (racists) say that white, in terms of people (politically), is not a color. This is the reason white people refer to all of the people who are not white as "colored" people and/or "people of color".

If it is true that all people are either "colored" or "not colored" the only logical reason for making the distinction is for an illogical purpose. We can discuss this to infinitum...but why? The most POWERFUL people in the known universe say they are white. Functionally that means they are the most POWERFUL people inthe known universe andthey do what is necessary to maintain that POWER (mistreat people on the basis of "white" "non-white" classifications that white people establish and enforce).
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou V_God

smallz I answered with a question because I was trying to make a statement.

Thanks,

HighHouse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
According to THE LOGIC,

Can a perosn add COLOR to a white piece of paper by using a "white crayon"?

If not, why?

smallz

White is a color, logically speaking. This is one of the reasons racism (white supremacy) is illogical and one of the ways the racists (white supremacists) keep non-white people confused.

The white supremacists (racists) say that white, in terms of people (politically), is not a color. This is the reason white people refer to all of the people who are not white as "colored" people and/or "people of color".

If it is true that all people are either "colored" or "not colored" the only logical reason for making the distinction is for an illogical purpose. We can discuss this to infinitum...but why? The most POWERFUL people in the known universe say they are white. Functionally that means they are the most POWERFUL people inthe known universe andthey do what is necessary to maintain that POWER (mistreat people on the basis of "white" "non-white" classifications that white people establish and enforce).


I'm sayin, that white is NOT COLOR, rather the absence of COLOR.

This makes sense since the people who are NOT mistreated on the basis of COLOR are classified with the word for NON-COLOR, i.e WHITE.

Meaning, NOT COLORED.

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White is a color. Deal with it and move on.

Also smallz, I don't refer to people as colored. That was a term used in the 50's and 60's and is no longer in use today. Do you call other black people negros? Do you call asians oriental? Do you call Native Americans Indians? This is the same case.

I call black people black because they call me white. I would just as easily call them African-American. Basing your argument on a archiac word won't win you this argument.

Nice try though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James Jones
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
White is a color. Deal with it and move on.

Also smallz, I don't refer to people as colored. That was a term used in the 50's and 60's and is no longer in use today. Do you call other black people negros? Do you call asians oriental? Do you call Native Americans Indians? This is the same case.

I call black people black because they call me white. I would just as easily call them African-American. Basing your argument on a archiac word won't win you this argument.

Nice try though.


HighHouse,
Are you here to produce Justice?
Back to top
HighHouse



Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
According to THE LOGIC,

Can a perosn add COLOR to a white piece of paper by using a "white crayon"?

If not, why?

smallz

White is a color, logically speaking. This is one of the reasons racism (white supremacy) is illogical and one of the ways the racists (white supremacists) keep non-white people confused.

The white supremacists (racists) say that white, in terms of people (politically), is not a color. This is the reason white people refer to all of the people who are not white as "colored" people and/or "people of color".

If it is true that all people are either "colored" or "not colored" the only logical reason for making the distinction is for an illogical purpose. We can discuss this to infinitum...but why? The most POWERFUL people in the known universe say they are white. Functionally that means they are the most POWERFUL people inthe known universe andthey do what is necessary to maintain that POWER (mistreat people on the basis of "white" "non-white" classifications that white people establish and enforce).


I'm sayin, that white is NOT COLOR, rather the absence of COLOR.

This makes sense since the people who are NOT mistreated on the basis of COLOR are classified with the word for NON-COLOR, i.e WHITE.

Meaning, NOT COLORED.

smallz

Are you talking about in terms of people or are you talking about what exists by mixing red, green, and blue together?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Are you talking about in terms of people or are you talking about what exists by mixing red, green, and blue together?

Excuse me brah,

Not trying to get off subject...

But by the mixing of red, green, and blue you spoke of, do you mean subtractive or additive?

Subtractive – paint or pigmentation

Or

Additive – light or absorption
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dayum!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
According to THE LOGIC,

Can a perosn add COLOR to a white piece of paper by using a "white crayon"?

If not, why?

smallz

White is a color, logically speaking. This is one of the reasons racism (white supremacy) is illogical and one of the ways the racists (white supremacists) keep non-white people confused.

The white supremacists (racists) say that white, in terms of people (politically), is not a color. This is the reason white people refer to all of the people who are not white as "colored" people and/or "people of color".

If it is true that all people are either "colored" or "not colored" the only logical reason for making the distinction is for an illogical purpose. We can discuss this to infinitum...but why? The most POWERFUL people in the known universe say they are white. Functionally that means they are the most POWERFUL people inthe known universe andthey do what is necessary to maintain that POWER (mistreat people on the basis of "white" "non-white" classifications that white people establish and enforce).


V.god,

I'm sayin, that white is NOT COLOR, rather the absence of COLOR.

This makes sense since the people who are NOT mistreated on the basis of COLOR are classified with the word for NON-COLOR, i.e WHITE.

Meaning, NOT COLORED.

smallz

Are you talking about in terms of people or are you talking about what exists by mixing red, green, and blue together?


I'm not talkin in terms of behavoir, I'm talkin in terms of what exits by mixing red, green, and COLORS together.

It's logical to say that if BLACK is the presence of all COLORS (red, green, blue, yellow, etc..) then WHITE would have to be the ABSENCE of all COLOR

correct?

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3083
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
I'm not talkin in terms of behavoir, I'm talkin in terms of what exits by mixing red, green, and COLORS together.

It's logical to say that if BLACK is the presence of all COLORS (red, green, blue, yellow, etc..) then WHITE would have to be the ABSENCE of all COLOR

correct?

smallz

If your premise is correct your statement is correct. Black is not the presence of all colors (red + green + blue). Black is not a color at all because it does not reflect light.

If black does not reflect light how can it be perceived by the eye as a color?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
...It's logical to say that if BLACK is the presence of all COLORS (red, green, blue, yellow, etc..) then WHITE would have to be the ABSENCE of all COLOR

correct?

If your premise is correct your statement is correct. Black is not the presence of all colors (red + green + blue). Black is not a color at all because it does not reflect light.

If black does not reflect light how can it be perceived by the eye as a color?

Ex… squeeze me brah,

Once more if you do not mind,

White, in the since of light, is absorbed thru a prism and illuminate all COLORS

Yet in the since of crayon colors, the mixtures of all COLORS is black.

When White light is absorbed by the eyes it RECOGNIZE the presents of the colors “red, green, and blue” and when mix, the color black is present. Therefore, if we look at it from a pigmentation/light-prospective white is not a color until recognized as one.

But by whom, you might ask?

You know who. *wink wink*

White “LIGHT” ---------> red, green, and blue ---------> the COLOR black

Now Hue-men skin COLORS is a different story.
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations