HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Is "white" a COLOR?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

According to THE LOGIC,

Can a perosn add COLOR to a white piece of paper by using a "white crayon"?

If not, why?

smallz

Last edited by Dan Freeman on Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
HighHouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to COMMON SENSE,

Can a person add COLOR to a black chalkboard with a black piece of chalk?

If not, why?

HighHouse
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

Quote:
According to COMMON SENSE,

Can a person add COLOR to a black chalkboard with a black piece of chalk?

HighHouse,
If your gonna respond to questions that I ask with other questions, don't bother responding to questions that I ask.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
According to THE LOGIC,

If not, why?

smallz

White is a color, logically speaking. This is one of the reasons racism (white supremacy) is illogical and one of the ways the racists (white supremacists) keep non-white people confused.

The white supremacists (racists) say that white, in terms of people (politically), is not a color. This is the reason white people refer to all of the people who are not white as "colored" people and/or "people of color".

If it is true that all people are either "colored" or "not colored" the only logical reason for making the distinction is for an illogical purpose. We can discuss this to infinitum...but why? The most POWERFUL people in the known universe say they are white. Functionally that means they are the most POWERFUL people inthe known universe andthey do what is necessary to maintain that POWER (mistreat people on the basis of "white" "non-white" classifications that white people establish and enforce).
HighHouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou V_God

smallz I answered with a question because I was trying to make a statement.

Thanks,

HighHouse
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
According to THE LOGIC,

If not, why?

smallz

White is a color, logically speaking. This is one of the reasons racism (white supremacy) is illogical and one of the ways the racists (white supremacists) keep non-white people confused.

The white supremacists (racists) say that white, in terms of people (politically), is not a color. This is the reason white people refer to all of the people who are not white as "colored" people and/or "people of color".

If it is true that all people are either "colored" or "not colored" the only logical reason for making the distinction is for an illogical purpose. We can discuss this to infinitum...but why? The most POWERFUL people in the known universe say they are white. Functionally that means they are the most POWERFUL people inthe known universe andthey do what is necessary to maintain that POWER (mistreat people on the basis of "white" "non-white" classifications that white people establish and enforce).

I'm sayin, that white is NOT COLOR, rather the absence of COLOR.

This makes sense since the people who are NOT mistreated on the basis of COLOR are classified with the word for NON-COLOR, i.e WHITE.

Meaning, NOT COLORED.

smallz
HighHouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White is a color. Deal with it and move on.

Also smallz, I don't refer to people as colored. That was a term used in the 50's and 60's and is no longer in use today. Do you call other black people negros? Do you call asians oriental? Do you call Native Americans Indians? This is the same case.

I call black people black because they call me white. I would just as easily call them African-American. Basing your argument on a archiac word won't win you this argument.

Nice try though.
James Jones

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
White is a color. Deal with it and move on.

Also smallz, I don't refer to people as colored. That was a term used in the 50's and 60's and is no longer in use today. Do you call other black people negros? Do you call asians oriental? Do you call Native Americans Indians? This is the same case.

I call black people black because they call me white. I would just as easily call them African-American. Basing your argument on a archiac word won't win you this argument.

Nice try though.

HighHouse,
Are you here to produce Justice?
HighHouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
According to THE LOGIC,

If not, why?

smallz

This makes sense since the people who are NOT mistreated on the basis of COLOR are classified with the word for NON-COLOR, i.e WHITE.

Meaning, NOT COLORED.

smallz

Are you talking about in terms of people or are you talking about what exists by mixing red, green, and blue together?
Karim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Are you talking about in terms of people or are you talking about what exists by mixing red, green, and blue together?

Excuse me brah,

Not trying to get off subject...

But by the mixing of red, green, and blue you spoke of, do you mean subtractive or additive?

Subtractive – paint or pigmentation

Or

Additive – light or absorption
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dayum!
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
According to THE LOGIC,

If not, why?

smallz

V.god,

Meaning, NOT COLORED.

smallz

I'm not talkin in terms of behavoir, I'm talkin in terms of what exits by mixing red, green, and COLORS together.

It's logical to say that if BLACK is the presence of all COLORS (red, green, blue, yellow, etc..) then WHITE would have to be the ABSENCE of all COLOR

correct?

smallz
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
I'm not talkin in terms of behavoir, I'm talkin in terms of what exits by mixing red, green, and COLORS together.

It's logical to say that if BLACK is the presence of all COLORS (red, green, blue, yellow, etc..) then WHITE would have to be the ABSENCE of all COLOR

correct?

smallz

If your premise is correct your statement is correct. Black is not the presence of all colors (red + green + blue). Black is not a color at all because it does not reflect light.

If black does not reflect light how can it be perceived by the eye as a color?
Karim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Is "white" a COLOR? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
smallz wrote:
...It's logical to say that if BLACK is the presence of all COLORS (red, green, blue, yellow, etc..) then WHITE would have to be the ABSENCE of all COLOR

correct?

If your premise is correct your statement is correct. Black is not the presence of all colors (red + green + blue). Black is not a color at all because it does not reflect light.

If black does not reflect light how can it be perceived by the eye as a color?

Ex… squeeze me brah,

Once more if you do not mind,

White, in the since of light, is absorbed thru a prism and illuminate all COLORS

Yet in the since of crayon colors, the mixtures of all COLORS is black.

When White light is absorbed by the eyes it RECOGNIZE the presents of the colors “red, green, and blue” and when mix, the color black is present. Therefore, if we look at it from a pigmentation/light-prospective white is not a color until recognized as one.

But by whom, you might ask?

You know who. *wink wink*

White “LIGHT” ---------> red, green, and blue ---------> the COLOR black

Now Hue-men skin COLORS is a different story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: