HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

All's FAIR (White) & Love IS War: Deadly Playa Hatin'??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Helix, your CT modification does account for White so called "homosexuals, lesbians..." practicing racism; they wanna do more fucking of niggers too.

But,

when you make this statement where you add some language VGOD left off:

Quote:
"Is your hypothesis that white people practice white supremacy (racism) to have better access to sexual relations with non-white people and white people than would exist if White Supremacy did not exist?


I get confused.

Why do White people need to practice racism White supremacy (mistreatment) in order to have better access to sexual relations with other WHITE PEOPLE?


Especially if as you say, they would really rather fuck non white people?
Am I missing something?

Josh


They need the system of White Supremacy to have better sexual access to each other precisely because "they would really rather fuck non white people."

Without a compensatory system, i.e., Racism (White Supremacy), most white people would be left with the very "sloppy seconds" of white sexual partners--- those who had not been able to attract even the sloppy seconds of non-white sexual partners.

_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may chime in...

Josh, I suspect you're missing the premise. Without the premise you will not be able to understand how everything else connects. Re-read the entire experiment carefully. If you accept the premise you will be able to understand how people starving in Somalia is a necessary white supremacy (racism) strategy to ensure white people get "better" sexual access to each other and non-white people. If you do not accept the premise you will not be able to understand how this connects.

I could be incorrect but the logic is that everything that happens under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) happens to maintain the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism)...which is logical. To maintain the POWER dynamic of white over non-white.

But the premise of the experiment sets out to prove why white people do what they do. The premise states that white people want "better" access to sexual intercourse with all people on the planet (white and non-white), which is the reason people are starving in Somalia...the reason Colin Powell resigned, etc. The premise sets out to psychoanalyze white people. Now I could be incorrect about this and HelixHair should correct this statement if it is incorrect.

The Cress Theory of Color Confrontation sets out to psychoanalize white people. It is a theory into why white people do what they do. The Cress Theory of Color Confrontation states that white people practice white supremacy (racism) as a "survival strategy" rather than a control strategy. The Cress Theory of Color Confrontation states that white people are practicing white supremacy (racism), which is the unjust subjugation, misuse, and/or abuse, of people classified as non-white by people classified as white in all areas of people activity, in all places, and at all times, because they would not survive as "white people" if they didn't.

You're gonna hafta get to why you should do what you must do and how you should do...it sooner or later.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Codebreaker recently suggested, I think, that V_God and I minimize conflict between each other by ceasing all communication including "messages." V_God do you wish to implement that suggestion?

2) Josh, so that I may gain knowledge and understanding, please state whether, prior to V-God's post directly above, you did or did not understand the premise of the experiment in this thread.

3) To any reader: (While I cannot at this time cite the page number) There is a page in the UICCSC book that states that the thing most important to know about a person is that person's ultimate motivation/objective. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?

4) To view my suggested Counter-Racist application of the "Modification of CT", please view my first post on this page>>>*
_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
1) Codebreaker recently suggested, I think, that V_God and I minimize conflict between each other by ceasing all communication including "messages." V_God do you wish to implement that suggestion?

I help to Moderate this Work/Study Project and therefore will continue to help people as needed. The only way you and I can cease communication is if you don't post here. I do not think that is constructive.

HelixHair wrote:
2) Josh, so that I may gain knowledge and understanding, please state whether, prior to V-God's post directly above, you did or did not understand the premise of the experiment in this thread.

3) To any reader: (While I cannot at this time cite the page number) There is a page in the UICCSC book that states that the thing most important to know about a person is that person's ultimate motivation/objective. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?

Yep...all information about a person is important. The individual must decide what is "most important" (United-Independent). I suspect this is said, because I've asked Fuller why he wrote it, in an effort to guage what a person will or will not do...but the only way to quantify this is by what the person says and/or does.

HelixHair wrote:
4) To view my suggested Counter-Racist application of the "Modification of CT", please view my first post on this page>>>*

_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:

I help to Moderate this Work/Study Project and therefore will continue to help people as needed. The only way you and I can cease communication is if you don't post here. I do not think that is constructive.

Not to deviate from the conversation...

but,

I believe it was V_G who wrote this...

Virtual_God wrote:
We can say we're communicating but in the final analysis we can't prove it because we (non-white people) are not in communion to replace the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with justice. Can be found here


Am I missing something...?

Are we under the system of Justice?

P.S. Counter-racism/white supremacy is a CONCEPT... I suspect we aren't communicating... therefore I agree with V_G analysis on COMMUNICATION.
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helix wrote:


Quote:
2) Josh, so that I may gain knowledge and understanding, please state whether, prior to V-God's post directly above, you did or did not understand the premise of the experiment in this thread.


I did not fully understand the premise.

As I study it, its making more sense to me but I have some concerns about its complexity.

Let me re-read it and get back to you.

BTW, has Dr Welsing reviewed it?

What does she say?

Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Helix wrote:


Quote:
2) Josh, so that I may gain knowledge and understanding, please state whether, prior to V-God's post directly above, you did or did not understand the premise of the experiment in this thread.


I did not fully understand the premise.

As I study it, its making more sense to me but I have some concerns about its complexity.

Let me re-read it and get back to you.

BTW, has Dr Welsing reviewed it?

What does she say?

Josh


I do not know whether Dr. Welsing has reviewed it. I recall that you had agreed to forward it to her. But, if she received a copy of it, I have not received a response.
_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelixHair,

Have you thought of giving your theory a name? I think you should give it a name other than piggy-backing on something someone else wrote. Also, you may also want to give some thought to writing a book about it and/or building a website to self-publish your theory or promote understanding and discussion on it.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair,

Have you thought of giving your theory a name? I think you should give it a name other than piggy-backing on something someone else wrote. Also, you may also want to give some thought to writing a book about it and/or building a website to self-publish your theory or promote understanding and discussion on it.


I appreciate your suggestion and will now give it some thought. I did not want to promote conflict among fellow VORs so I tried to give credit where credit is due and to emphasize it with a question in case ther were objections to using the piggyback... But now I will set to work on a new title and on some publishing efforts..... THANKS!!!
_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: MODIFICATION OF CRESS THEORY OF COLOR CONFRONTATION? Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
MODIFICATION OF CRESS THEORY OF COLOR CONFRONTATION (?) 4.0 (4th version before conducting experiment. Any substantive change made since the last version is in indicated by bold, lower-case font)


DEFINITION
WHITE SUPREMACY = A behavioral system that guarantees that all persons in the known universe who are not classified as “white”, by the most powerful of those persons who so classify THEMSELVES, are mistreated or denied help on the basis of color and/or factors associated with color.

HYPOTHESIS
The purpose of the system of Racism/White Supremacy, as defined above, is to provide greater access for White Supremacists to sexual intercourse and/or "sexual play" with people of all skin shades (including what is commonly referred to as “white”) than would exist without the system.



PHENOMENA (preliminary evidence that suggests that this hypothesis could be true):
1. Only sex seems to rival Racism/White Supremacy in its power to motivate the behavior of people in the known universe. Before the existence of R/WS, it is likely that sex was the most powerful force motivating the behavior of people. It is likely, therefore, that sex was the most powerful factor motivating the establishment of Racism/White Supremacy.

2. Though the powerful system of R/WS promotes the white female as the most ideal sexual mate, many of the persons who have explicitly stated that they are, in fact, Racists/White Supremacists have engaged in frequent sexual intercourse with nonwhite females.

3. Though the powerful system of R/WS promotes the white female as the most ideal sexual mate, many nonwhite males persistently show sexual preference for the physical traits generally present only in nonwhite females.

4. Though the powerful system of R/WS promotes the white male as the most ideal sexual mate, many white males express their desire/fantasy to be able to sexually please a white female by possessing a black penis and or providing the white female with a sexual experience with a "black" penis.

5. When some nonwhite persons have spoken to audiences in which there are both white and nonwhite people present, no statement has elicited a greater objection from white persons than a proposal that white people and nonwhite people abstain from having sex with one another until Racism/White Supremacy is eliminated.

6. It is likely that the first significant expansion period of R/WS commenced in 1492; the year that white people in Spain expelled the nonwhite people known as “Moores” who had dominated the activity in that region for over 700 years. And, who, through their sexual success with the lighter complexioned people there upon their arrival, are responsible for the darker skin, hair, and eyes found there today. This sexual success was achieved without the violence that accompanied the sex between white males and nonwhite females subsequent to that expansion. It is worth noting that the game of Chess, with its white and black pieces (most of which resemble a penis) , is said by white people to have been invented for use as a military strategy tool for the "Spaniards" (white people) in their battles against the "Moores" (black people). The most valuable of all of a player's pieces is the female. The object of the game is to immobilize the most powerful male of the opposition. In this game, the white pieces are always one move ahead of the black pieces. Skill in Chess is the most prestigious skill of all board games played by white people



EXPERIMENTATION
This experiment is designed to answer two questions:

I. Do white people sexually prefer nonwhite people over white people? If the answer to this question is "yes", it follows that white males and white females would have reduced sexual access to each other without a global compensatory system, i.e., Racism/White Supremacy.

II.Will Racist Man/Woman , at least temporarily, trade the practice of White Supremacy for significant access to sexual attention/play with nonwhite persons?

The experiment requires two retreat type conferences entitled something like “Ending Racism/White Supremacy in One Year”. Each conference should be at least seven days in length. There will be between twelve and twenty-four participants at each conference evenly divided between:

•White people and nonwhite people (specifically those people commonly referred to as “black”)

•Male and female people

•People whose age is >18yrs and <30yrs and people whose age is > 30yrs


Three nonwhite male participants and three nonwhite female participants will be chosen by the managing scientist(s) using the criteria of Counter-Racist skill, as judged by the managing scientist(s). The remainder of the male participants will be those applicants receiving the greatest number of anonymous female votes from the applicants. The remainder of the female participants will be chosen in like manner by the male applicants. The application and selection process will utilize internet technology and require the submission of a brief essay and photo.

Except for the participants selected by the managing scientist(s), no one will participate in both conferences. Participants will be recruited from orgainzations who purport to have missions of "Social Justice" or similar objectives. Ideally, the entire conference, including travel and lodging costs will be provided at no cost to the participants and in a highly desirable "vacation spot". This would serve as an incentive to ensure that the white people who attend do not already have an atypical preference for nonwhite people sexually.


The following stipulations will be operative at each conference:


1. No names or other identifying information or any other “real” identifying information of applicants/participants will be made available to any of the applicants/participants by the managing scientist(s).
2. The participants will be given passwords to be admitted to the conference so that they will not be required to identify themselves to any participant. Participants will be required to lock up all peronal belongings except toletries and cosmetics and to wear identical suits of clothing issued at the beginning of the conference.
3. Food, shelter, on-site entertainment, comforts, and conveniences will be only those present prior to the arrival of any participants.
4. No writing materials may be present except in a group setting monitored by the managing Scientist(s) and may not be used by persons who have met one-to-one as described below until enough time/activity has passed so that the memory of any contact information, possible to be given surreptitiously, will have lapsed.
5. Participants will be restricted from meeting one-to-one except as provided below:
5.1 Each white participant will be issued one or more "Initiate" tokens which will be coded to identify the gender of the holder. One or more "Intitiate" tokens, depending on the conference, will be required to be submitted to the managing scientist for a white participant to invite another participant, either white or nonwhite, of either gender , to a one-to-one meeting. Each white participant will also be issued "Respond" tokens. Non-white participants will only be issued "Respond" tokens. The participants will be told that there are variations among them in the number of each of the two token types issued but will not be told that the number varies only with the participant's color classification.
5.1.1. 1st Conference: Each white participant will receive exactly three tokens. One, and only one, token will be required to meet one-to-one with another participant. Invitations to meet must be submitted through the managing scientist(s) and may be initiated only by white participants. Both the person who invites and the person who accepts must use a token.
5.1.2. 2nd Conference: Three days before the end of the conference, all white participants will be rated from “1” to “4” by a panel of the participants selected by the managing scientist(s). White participants will receive a quantity of"Initiate" tokens equal to his/her rating. Equal numbers of white participants will receive each of the four ratings, putting the white participants in competition with one another for opportunities to engage in one-to-one meetings.


EVALUATION OF RESULTS

Question (I.) will be answered by comparing the number of tokens spent by white participants, at both conferences, on one-to-one meetings with white persons of the opposite gender to those spent with nonwhite persons of the opposite gender

ii)By allowing the white participants to remain anonymous, they will experience the freedom to make “selfish” choices about how to spend their sexual currency. In this setting, the only sexual currency will be physical attractiveness and mental ability/knowledge.


i)Question (II.) will be answered by the comparison of the second conference to the first amount of useful counter-racist information communicated by the white participants with that of the first conference as compared to the first. The criteria for rating the amount of counter-racist information will be developed by the managing Scientist(s) prior to the 1st conference.



Posts or PMs with constructive suggestions are requested.

_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Florida university study provides some empirical support for the thesis that darker skin is a sexually preferred trait. There were two exceptions: Black females and Asian males were the only category of participants who did not state the desire for their own skin to be darker. I suspect that these two groups have been the most severely restricted in their access to sexual partners by the compensatory behavioral system of Racism/White Supremacy.

I downloaded the study a couple of years ago. However, to my knowledge, it is no longer available free of charge on the web. If a reader desires to view the entire document, a request should be made of the moderator and I will then seek permission to post the document in its entirety: Ethnicity and Body Image, Madeline Altabe, Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida. Accepted 4 September 1996. Here are some interesting excerpts:

METHOD
Participants
College students attending the University of South Florida participated in this study. Some individuals were recruited from student organizations relating to ethnic issues (e.g., Black Student Union, Chinese Student Union). These individuals volunteered their time. The majority of students were psychology students who participated in the study in exchange for extra credit points.

“The sample consisted of 150 males and 185 females. Mean age was 21. Ethnicity was determined by means of a questionnaire. Individuals were asked to self-identify which ethnic category best described them. Participants were also asked to describe their ethnic origin in their own words. For individuals of mixed ethnicity, if one ethnicity was 50% or greater, the person was grouped in that category. If no dominant ethnicity could be determined, the individual's data was omitted from the analysis…

Participants were also administered the Figure Rating Scale (Stunkard, Sorenson, & Schlusinger, 1983). This measure consists of nine silhouettes ranging in size from very thin to very heavy. Participants were instructed to "pick the figure that best represents how you feel you look most of the time." They were also asked to pick the figure that matched what they thought they looked like. In addition, they were asked to select the figure that best represents their own ideal and their belief about the ideal that most males and females hold, that is, the cultural ideal…

The Body Image Automatic Thoughts Questionnaire-Positive Subscale (BIATQ; Cash, Lewis, & Keeton, 1987) was used as a measure of body image thoughts. The positive scale is half as long and the two scales correlate highly. Internal consistencies for college females were .90 for both the positive and negative subscales (Brown, Johnson, Bergeron, Keeton, & Cash, 1988).
Participants were administered the Physical Appearance Discrepancy Questionnaire (PADQ; Altabe, 1996). This instrument asks individuals to list traits associated with their actual physical appearance, their ideal, and their perception of what their culture idealizes. "Their culture" is further described as whosoever opinion matters the most to them. This instrument yields a list of traits which the participants report (qualitative data). A series of scoring rules can be used to compare the actual list to each of the ideal lists yielding two scores: (1) an actual-own ideal discrepancy and (2) an actual-cultural ideal discrepancy score.
In addition to the above measures, participants completed several self-ratings relating to appearance including: (1) physical attractiveness and (2) physical appearance importance on a scale from 1 to 11…

RESULTS
...Height was valued by all groups [both genders of each ethnicity]. All the female groups and the Asian and Caucasian males wanted to be thinner. All the males and the African and Caucasian females wanted to be more toned. Non-Caucasian females wanted longer hair. All groups valued dark or wanted darker skin except for African-American females and Asian males.

_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
A Florida university study provides some empirical support for the thesis that darker skin is a sexually preferred trait. There were two exceptions: Black females and Asian males were the only category of participants who did not state the desire for their own skin to be darker. I suspect that these two groups have been the most severely restricted in their access to sexual partners by the compensatory behavioral system of Racism/White Supremacy.

I downloaded the study a couple of years ago. However, to my knowledge, it is no longer available free of charge on the web. If a reader desires to view the entire document, a request should be made of the moderator and I will then seek permission to post the document in its entirety: Ethnicity and Body Image, Madeline Altabe, Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida. Accepted 4 September 1996. Here are some interesting excerpts:

METHOD
Participants
College students attending the University of South Florida participated in this study. Some individuals were recruited from student organizations relating to ethnic issues (e.g., Black Student Union, Chinese Student Union). These individuals volunteered their time. The majority of students were psychology students who participated in the study in exchange for extra credit points.

“The sample consisted of 150 males and 185 females. Mean age was 21. Ethnicity was determined by means of a questionnaire. Individuals were asked to self-identify which ethnic category best described them. Participants were also asked to describe their ethnic origin in their own words. For individuals of mixed ethnicity, if one ethnicity was 50% or greater, the person was grouped in that category. If no dominant ethnicity could be determined, the individual's data was omitted from the analysis…

Participants were also administered the Figure Rating Scale (Stunkard, Sorenson, & Schlusinger, 1983). This measure consists of nine silhouettes ranging in size from very thin to very heavy. Participants were instructed to "pick the figure that best represents how you feel you look most of the time." They were also asked to pick the figure that matched what they thought they looked like. In addition, they were asked to select the figure that best represents their own ideal and their belief about the ideal that most males and females hold, that is, the cultural ideal…

The Body Image Automatic Thoughts Questionnaire-Positive Subscale (BIATQ; Cash, Lewis, & Keeton, 1987) was used as a measure of body image thoughts. The positive scale is half as long and the two scales correlate highly. Internal consistencies for college females were .90 for both the positive and negative subscales (Brown, Johnson, Bergeron, Keeton, & Cash, 1988).
Participants were administered the Physical Appearance Discrepancy Questionnaire (PADQ; Altabe, 1996). This instrument asks individuals to list traits associated with their actual physical appearance, their ideal, and their perception of what their culture idealizes. "Their culture" is further described as whosoever opinion matters the most to them. This instrument yields a list of traits which the participants report (qualitative data). A series of scoring rules can be used to compare the actual list to each of the ideal lists yielding two scores: (1) an actual-own ideal discrepancy and (2) an actual-cultural ideal discrepancy score.
In addition to the above measures, participants completed several self-ratings relating to appearance including: (1) physical attractiveness and (2) physical appearance importance on a scale from 1 to 11…

RESULTS
...Height was valued by all groups [both genders of each ethnicity]. All the female groups and the Asian and Caucasian males wanted to be thinner. All the males and the African and Caucasian females wanted to be more toned. Non-Caucasian females wanted longer hair. All groups valued dark or wanted darker skin except for African-American females and Asian males.

What specific strategies and techniques do you use to counter racism (white supremacy) that is related to this information?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HelixHair



Joined: 30 Apr 2003
Posts: 383
Location: Everywhere that is nowhere

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
A Florida university study provides some empirical support for the thesis that darker skin is a sexually preferred trait. There were two exceptions: Black females and Asian males were the only category of participants who did not state the desire for their own skin to be darker. I suspect that these two groups have been the most severely restricted in their access to sexual partners by the compensatory behavioral system of Racism/White Supremacy.

I downloaded the study a couple of years ago. However, to my knowledge, it is no longer available free of charge on the web. If a reader desires to view the entire document, a request should be made of the moderator and I will then seek permission to post the document in its entirety: Ethnicity and Body Image, Madeline Altabe, Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida. Accepted 4 September 1996. Here are some interesting excerpts:

METHOD
Participants
College students attending the University of South Florida participated in this study. Some individuals were recruited from student organizations relating to ethnic issues (e.g., Black Student Union, Chinese Student Union). These individuals volunteered their time. The majority of students were psychology students who participated in the study in exchange for extra credit points.

“The sample consisted of 150 males and 185 females. Mean age was 21. Ethnicity was determined by means of a questionnaire. Individuals were asked to self-identify which ethnic category best described them. Participants were also asked to describe their ethnic origin in their own words. For individuals of mixed ethnicity, if one ethnicity was 50% or greater, the person was grouped in that category. If no dominant ethnicity could be determined, the individual's data was omitted from the analysis…

Participants were also administered the Figure Rating Scale (Stunkard, Sorenson, & Schlusinger, 1983). This measure consists of nine silhouettes ranging in size from very thin to very heavy. Participants were instructed to "pick the figure that best represents how you feel you look most of the time." They were also asked to pick the figure that matched what they thought they looked like. In addition, they were asked to select the figure that best represents their own ideal and their belief about the ideal that most males and females hold, that is, the cultural ideal…

The Body Image Automatic Thoughts Questionnaire-Positive Subscale (BIATQ; Cash, Lewis, & Keeton, 1987) was used as a measure of body image thoughts. The positive scale is half as long and the two scales correlate highly. Internal consistencies for college females were .90 for both the positive and negative subscales (Brown, Johnson, Bergeron, Keeton, & Cash, 1988).
Participants were administered the Physical Appearance Discrepancy Questionnaire (PADQ; Altabe, 1996). This instrument asks individuals to list traits associated with their actual physical appearance, their ideal, and their perception of what their culture idealizes. "Their culture" is further described as whosoever opinion matters the most to them. This instrument yields a list of traits which the participants report (qualitative data). A series of scoring rules can be used to compare the actual list to each of the ideal lists yielding two scores: (1) an actual-own ideal discrepancy and (2) an actual-cultural ideal discrepancy score.
In addition to the above measures, participants completed several self-ratings relating to appearance including: (1) physical attractiveness and (2) physical appearance importance on a scale from 1 to 11…

RESULTS
...Height was valued by all groups [both genders of each ethnicity]. All the female groups and the Asian and Caucasian males wanted to be thinner. All the males and the African and Caucasian females wanted to be more toned. Non-Caucasian females wanted longer hair. All groups valued dark or wanted darker skin except for African-American females andAsian males.

What specific strategies and techniques do you use to counter racism (white supremacy) that is related to this information?


Under the system of Racism (White Supremacy) non-white people are generally much more influenced by what white people say/ think/ do than by what non-white people say/ think/ do. The most devastating strategy employed by Racists (White Supremacists) capitalizes on this plain fact within the people activity of sex (the 8th area in the UICCSC book).
To counter-racism, at times and in circumstances of my choosing, I inform other non-white persons of the evidenced deceit practiced by Racists (White Supremacists) in conveying to non-white persons that white people generally are most sexually attractive to each other. When victims of Racism (White Supremacy) comprehend the sexual value of darker skin to white people, non-white people are more likely to cease seeking sexual activity/attention with white persons and, instead, to seek sexual activity with other non-white persons.

The less sexual activity non-white persons have with white persons, the less confused we will be about the systematic and unjust behaviors of those white people who practice Racism (White Supremacy) both in and out of the bed/ closet/ back-seat.

I should note that I suspect that this strategy has been effective in enabling at least two non-white persons with whom I am acquainted to focus more logically on countering racism.
_________________
Death of the lower body is certain. Now what?


Last edited by HelixHair on Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
A Florida university study provides some empirical support for the thesis that darker skin is a sexually preferred trait. There were two exceptions: Black females and Asian males were the only category of participants who did not state the desire for their own skin to be darker. I suspect that these two groups have been the most severely restricted in their access to sexual partners by the compensatory behavioral system of Racism/White Supremacy.

I downloaded the study a couple of years ago. However, to my knowledge, it is no longer available free of charge on the web. If a reader desires to view the entire document, a request should be made of the moderator and I will then seek permission to post the document in its entirety: Ethnicity and Body Image, Madeline Altabe, Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida. Accepted 4 September 1996. Here are some interesting excerpts:

METHOD
Participants
College students attending the University of South Florida participated in this study. Some individuals were recruited from student organizations relating to ethnic issues (e.g., Black Student Union, Chinese Student Union). These individuals volunteered their time. The majority of students were psychology students who participated in the study in exchange for extra credit points.

“The sample consisted of 150 males and 185 females. Mean age was 21. Ethnicity was determined by means of a questionnaire. Individuals were asked to self-identify which ethnic category best described them. Participants were also asked to describe their ethnic origin in their own words. For individuals of mixed ethnicity, if one ethnicity was 50% or greater, the person was grouped in that category. If no dominant ethnicity could be determined, the individual's data was omitted from the analysis…

Participants were also administered the Figure Rating Scale (Stunkard, Sorenson, & Schlusinger, 1983). This measure consists of nine silhouettes ranging in size from very thin to very heavy. Participants were instructed to "pick the figure that best represents how you feel you look most of the time." They were also asked to pick the figure that matched what they thought they looked like. In addition, they were asked to select the figure that best represents their own ideal and their belief about the ideal that most males and females hold, that is, the cultural ideal…

The Body Image Automatic Thoughts Questionnaire-Positive Subscale (BIATQ; Cash, Lewis, & Keeton, 1987) was used as a measure of body image thoughts. The positive scale is half as long and the two scales correlate highly. Internal consistencies for college females were .90 for both the positive and negative subscales (Brown, Johnson, Bergeron, Keeton, & Cash, 1988).
Participants were administered the Physical Appearance Discrepancy Questionnaire (PADQ; Altabe, 1996). This instrument asks individuals to list traits associated with their actual physical appearance, their ideal, and their perception of what their culture idealizes. "Their culture" is further described as whosoever opinion matters the most to them. This instrument yields a list of traits which the participants report (qualitative data). A series of scoring rules can be used to compare the actual list to each of the ideal lists yielding two scores: (1) an actual-own ideal discrepancy and (2) an actual-cultural ideal discrepancy score.
In addition to the above measures, participants completed several self-ratings relating to appearance including: (1) physical attractiveness and (2) physical appearance importance on a scale from 1 to 11…

RESULTS
...Height was valued by all groups [both genders of each ethnicity]. All the female groups and the Asian and Caucasian males wanted to be thinner. All the males and the African and Caucasian females wanted to be more toned. Non-Caucasian females wanted longer hair. All groups valued dark or wanted darker skin except for African-American females andAsian males.

What specific strategies and techniques do you use to counter racism (white supremacy) that is related to this information?


Under the system of Racism (White Supremacy) non-white people are generally much more influenced by what white people say/ think/ do than by what non-white people say/ think/ do. The most devastating strategy employed by Racists (White Supremacists) capitalizes on this plain fact within the people activity of sex (the 8th area in the UICCSC book).
To counter-racism, at times and in circumstances of my choosing, I inform other non-white persons of the evidenced deceit practiced by Racists (White Supremacists) in conveying to non-white persons that white people generally are most sexually attractive to each other. When victims of Racism (White Supremacy) comprehend the sexual value of darker skin to white people, non-white people are more likely to cease seeking sexual activity/attention with white persons and, instead, to seek sexual activity with other non-white persons.

The less sexual activity non-white persons have with white persons, the less confused we will be about the systematic and unjust behaviors of those white people who practice Racism (White Supremacy) both in and out of the bed/ closet/ back-seat.

I should note that I suspect that this strategy has been effective in enabling at least two non-white persons with whom I am acquainted to focus more logically on countering racism.

Thank you.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helix, isn't it possible that what White people find sexually attractive about non white people is NOT their skin color, but their powerlessness reletive to White people?

Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations