HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

How you funtion...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Sex under White Supremacy (Racism)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: How you funtion... Reply with quote

The Washington Post has decided not to publish this week's Boondocks strip.
The comic will return to washingtonpost.com Oct. 19.

This is what you saw on Oct 17 when you tried to access the Boondocks cartoon at Washington post .com

Does anyone know what the cartoon was about?

I'll give you a hint, it was related to the eighth area of people activity.

I'll have more to say later.

Josh
Trina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: How you funtion... Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
The Washington Post has decided not to publish this week's Boondocks strip.
The comic will return to washingtonpost.com Oct. 19.

This is what you saw on Oct 17 when you tried to access the Boondocks cartoon at Washington post .com

Does anyone know what the cartoon was about?

I'll give you a hint, it was related to the eighth area of people activity.

I'll have more to say later.

Josh

Josh,

I think the cartoon was supposed to be about finding Condoleeza Rice a boyfriend. The whole cartoon series about her was censored by the Washington Post without explanation. The paper received critcism from it's readers about this. Other papers said they didn't censor the strip. What is your point brother Josh?

Trina
copious

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 1:
http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/2003/10/16/

Part 2:
http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/2003/10/17/

cope
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Now That's Interesting! Reply with quote

Now that's interesting! How white people identify the wants and/or needs of non-white people by what they say and/or do. This is what appears to be happening but what is really happening is white people are determining how much training as a victim of white supremacy (racism) you have taken in.

Remember, white people decide who's white and who's not and non-white people hafta ask who's white and who's not.

See, when you're reading that comic strip white people have already decided Condoleeza Rice is not a white person. Now they begin to watch her actions...what she says and/or does...and then determine how to expand and refine her victimization as a prisoner of injustice.

Think about what is happening...who's in charge of who and who's in charge of what. Always think about this in every interaction between white people and non-white people...which is essentially all the time.

Expansion of the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) is not only evident in the increasing number of people the white supremacists (racists) are taking in under their SYSTEM of injustice...but it is also evident even within a single victim of racism (white supremacy) by that non-white person's increasing amount of comfortability as a victim.

Now...Ms. Rice will be forced to take a white male as her mate if this pressure increases...or a female. Forced by whom? The white supremacists (racists) of course...they are in charge.
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trina,

I have two points.

First I think this "event" is an example of how White people control the "reality" (Im not sure that is the best word) of non white people by controling the information they are able to recieve. It reminds me of The Matrix because I would have never know about this series of Boondocks cartoons if I hadn't been scanning the editorial pages of the Washington post.

I had no idea the cartoon was being censored and REPLACED with reruns.

Secondly, in regard to how you function, Arron Mcgruder is a non white person, he can't do what the creator of Doonsbury does i.e. use satire to speculate on aspects of the behavior of public figures.

This is what I mean by HOW YOU FUNCTION. I read Doonsbury and other political cartoons and they are "off the hook" with ridicule, personal attacks, and contempt for public officials.

White people can do that, Arron Mcgruder can't; he's a non white person.

Thirdly, THat eighth area is a real live wire, I thought the one cartoon I actually saw was very interesting, it was an example of why I read the Wash post.

I found this later

Josh

Putting 'The Boondocks' in the Dock
By Michael Getler

Sunday, October 19, 2003; Page B06
Followers of the comic strip "The Boondocks" were first puzzled and then angry last week. Sometimes this edgy, irreverent and controversial strip, drawn and written by a 29-year-old African American artist, Aaron McGruder, makes some readers mad, and they let the paper know.

But last week it was the many fans of McGruder, and of the clever collection of precocious youngsters he has created, who were mad at The Post when they realized the paper had killed six days of "Boondocks" strips and substituted reruns from 1999. On Monday and Tuesday, no notification ran that these were reruns.

Beginning Wednesday, the paper printed a tiny line under the strip that said, "This strip has been previously published." No further explanation was given. The paper's Web site was a bit more forthcoming: "The Washington Post has decided not to publish this week's Boondocks strip. The comic will return to washingtonpost.com Oct. 19."

The Post, from time to time, decides not to publish a particular comic if it is deemed unsuitable for one reason or another. This can be a good thing; guardians of the news sections keep watch over everything, including the comics, that gets published. Some readers call this current act censorship. The Post calls it editing.

The Post, however, has never before killed an entire week's worth of one comic strip. Actually, because the strips dealt with a single theme, it would have made no sense to publish just some of them.
The unpublished strips focus on White House national security adviser Condoleezza Rice and a scheme cooked up by one of the kids in the strip. The idea is to save the world by getting Rice a boyfriend. "Maybe if there was a man in the world who Condoleezza truly loved, she wouldn't be so hellbent to destroy the planet," says one of McGruder's rambunctious youngsters.

The strip's central character, Huey Freeman, who could be a 12-year-old, thinks this is a great idea and the strip ventures deeper into some touchy territory. McGruder knows this and pokes fun at his own characters, with Huey observing that what he really likes about the idea "is that it isn't the least bit sexist or chauvinistic."
Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie Jr. comes right to the point: "The Boondocks strips in question commented on the private life of the national security adviser and its relationship to her official duties in ways that violated our standards for taste, fairness and invasion of privacy." As for the lack of an explanation, he says: "We edit all parts of the paper every day, including the comics, and do not usually notify readers about what we are not publishing or why."

McGruder's strip is popular and about 250 newspapers publish it. An editor at Universal Press Syndicate, the distributor for "The Boondocks," says that The Post was the only newspaper to kill this series of strips. There were no calls or complaints about it from other papers, he says.
Once Post readers caught on, and caught up with the strip in other papers and Web sites, plenty of complaints were made -- against the paper. "We are grown-ups out here, not children," wrote one reader. "Pulling Boondocks was an insult to your readers and to Aaron McGruder," wrote another.

"Has the Post become so timid as to refuse to run a comic strip that pokes fun at a member of the Bush administration?" another wrote. Many felt The Post was engaging in censorship, and that plenty of other comics and cartoons can be viewed as insulting to a public figure. "The Post has committed the cardinal sin of the humorless," added another. "It failed to recognize satire when it saw it. As the strip makes clear, we're laughing at the guy who suggested finding Condi a guy, not at Condi."

I may need a refresher course in sensitivity training, but I also found the sequence of strips within the bounds of allowable satire. I don't know a thing about Rice's personal life, nor do the characters in the strip, and I think readers understand that. The "Boondocks" characters, and their creator, were being mischievous and irreverent, in their mind's view of the world, about a high-profile public figure, and that seems okay to me.
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To give you an example of how White people funtion differently than non white people in a system of racism White supremacy, I have a picture out of the Washington Post that shows a billboard in the midwest; I think somewhere in Indiana or Michigan; Its a huge picture of secretary of state Colin Powell with a TOILET BOWL around his neck and a clothes pin on his nose

The caption reads:

COLON BOWEL

it goes on to discuss sewage treatment...

I think its a good example of

"saturation"

Some White person just couldn't handle daily exposure to a Black male wearing a suit and tie, speeking correctly, carrying himself with dignity...

They just had to do something to remind him that although you are secretary of state, you are still not a White person; you are a nigger, like all other non white people.

Don't you forget it!

This is what White people allow other White people to do. Do you realize how many White people hafta sign off on a project like that?

Just like the troops in Baghdad, Black people need to be aware that they may come under attack anytime and anyplace.

Be advised,

keep top eye open,

employ counter measures against the terrorist (White supremacists)

be on the look out for racist activity.

that is all.

Josh[/b]
GMAN_XTREME

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh, The words you may be looking for in place of "reality" are
simulation or simulacra.
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: "hootin and hollerin" Reply with quote

When I was driving a truck with some other Black males I remember how they would hoot and holla at the Black females walking down the street. This niggardly behavior would annoy me because I felt it was harrasment of Black females. After a while I noticed that they did not hoot and holler at White women. Everyday we passed White women; groups of White women in skirts, tight pants, high heels...

They looked, they commented to each other, but they did not address these White women in the manner they addressed the Black females.

I noticed the same phenomenon today among some Black male workers on the street.

I told the Black males in the truck that if they were going to hoot and holla at females, they should address the White women the same way.

They had no comment.

Does this behavior have something to do with racism White supremacy?

Josh
copious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh I;ve been noticing things (racism induced PSYCHOSIS) as well. I think counter racism codification is allowing me to perceive CODE where I hadn't before.

Examples include:

Non-whites being uncooprotive when a bLACK is put in charge of a certain area where as when a wHEIGHT is in the exact same place things run SMOOTHLY. Non-whites do EXACTLY as told - with almost a HOP in their step.

When a bLACK in with a wHEIGHT female she can correct him in public for ANY reason like a owner slapping dog on nose with paper and he will curl tail and kiss her while she looks away,, IN PUBLIC!
    bLACK males on the other hand call bLACK females "MAN, DUDE, NIGGER, BITCH, HOE, DOG" ect.. bLACK females are constantly DIMINISHED in PUBLIC!

I'm in the process of doing some work on this.. PSYCHOSIS and how it is put in place.

My brother recently said to me (he attends Tuskeegee University ,btw) bLACK people don;t CARE about this stuff (counter racism) and suddenly I was struck.. like, "Your right!". I've been working on WHY and I think I'm on to somthing.

What exactly did those bLACK males say about the {perceived} wHEIGHT female/s?

cope
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, they made comments among themselves, the discussed titts, asses, legs... of any sexy female. But when it came to yelling out the window at them, White women got the exemption.

The "hey baby's, yo mamma", assortted whistles and cat calls were absent.

I think much of this behavior is rooted in the feelings of insecurity many Black males have as victims of racism. The cartoonish hypersexualized behavior we exhibit is a compensatory response designed to make up for the fact that we can't function like White men.

You see this behavior in teenage boys too. Lacking financial, political and to some extent, credibility as a MAN; they often default to a state of overt sexual posturing and "BOYsterism".

Blk males will often attack other Blk males for something as casual as looking at "their woman" in the club.

I once had a Blk male threaten me with bodily harm for bringing a White person to the Cress Welsing Institute.

They said not a word to the White person.

I thought it was an interesting example of the dynamics of racism White supremacy.

Josh
Ladyjedi-Djedet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

copious

I am having trouble accessing the links that you posted. Is any one else?

Also, the capitalization and spellings that you use for bLACK and wHEIGHT. I suspect they have some meaning.

Could you explain?

Josh

As far as non-white males harassing non-white females and not white females could it also have something to do with the fact that they can “get away with it” when it comes to non-white females? Being that they have no “value” (as far as the need to be protected) under this system.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Ladyjedi-Djedet wrote:
copious

I am having trouble accessing the links that you posted. Is any one else?

I think that is because that website doesn't keep archives back that far any longer.

I could be incorrect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Sex under White Supremacy (Racism) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: