HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Definitions Of Words

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Definitions Of Words Reply with quote

I think something that is missing in creating compensatory definitions is that people must be aware that when making definitions of words you have to build the logic of the desired result into the definition.

For example, the compensatory definition of justice is:

Guaranteeing no person is mistreated and guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

Now is this the only thing that exists under a SYSTEM of justice? I don't think so...but what Mr. Fuller has done is given justice a definition that what you have can only exist in a SYSTEM of justice. This is part of the reason it is so hard for people to conceptually think about what all a SYSTEM of justice consists of.

But it is very simple in basic formula. Put THE LOGIC of your word (where you're trying to take the concept) into your definition. Very basic and straight forward. It's called "compensatory definition" because it is supposed to make up for what's missing...and what is missing, if you have a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism), is a SYSTEM of justice.

Another example is the compensatory definition of respect. now, when you can consistently refuse to lie to yourself and let all others know you refuse to lie to yourself you will have a thing called "respect"...but is that the only criteria for "respect"?

This is a very basic formula...but even I don't do it all the time...but I'm learning.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Definitions Of Words Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
I think something that is missing in creating compensatory definitions is that people must be aware that when making definitions of words you have to build the logic of the desired result into the definition.

On point.
The-Politician

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitions Of Words Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:

For example, the compensatory definition of justice is:

Guaranteeing no person is mistreated and guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

Now is this the only thing that exists under a SYSTEM of justice? I don't think so...but what Mr. Fuller has done is given justice a definition that what you have can only exist in a SYSTEM of justice. This is part of the reason it is so hard for people to conceptually think about what all a SYSTEM of justice consists of.

But it is very simple in basic formula. Put THE LOGIC of your word (where you're trying to take the concept) into your definition. Very basic and straight forward. It's called "compensatory definition" because it is supposed to make up for what's missing...and what is missing, if you have a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism), is a SYSTEM of justice.

Another example is the compensatory definition of respect. now, when you can consistently refuse to lie to yourself and let all others know you refuse to lie to yourself you will have a thing called "respect"...but is that the only criteria for "respect"?

This is a very basic formula...but even I don't do it all the time...but I'm learning.

Great point V.God.

This can't be emphasized enough because based on what I have seen, this is what non-white people keep missing....

It is not a mistake that MOST of the the words that comprise what we call the "english language" seem support and proliferate the intrests of what of White People.

Bright
Light
Might
Fight
Right
and lets' not forget
WHITE

This is a simplistic illustration of overall "nature" of the language used by the most powerful people on this planet.

It's simple.

Concievably, since White people have had the power to engineer the language that many of us use, in a system of mistreatment based on COlOR (Racsim/White Supremacy), which is based in DECEPTION THROUGH THE USE OF WORDS, why aren't Non white people focusing on words and their definitions?

This is a part of the problem that non white people keep having when it comes to countering Racsim/White Supremacy.

Many times we don't know what we are looking at, and can't describe it.

And intrestingly, we can't seem to find the words to describe it...

AND THAT SHIT AINT NO COINCIDIENCE EITHER.

Niggaz can't wait around for white people to create the language to nuetrilize the language that the white supremacits use...

And we damna sure can't wait for the white supremacists to do it...

But instead, what we have, is god-damn team of Black "expert attornye's" on national television who haven't come up with the proper language to distinguigh a person being mistreatead on the basis of COLOR from a person being left-handed, in a discussion/struggle concerning "Affirmative-Action": some thing desighned by white people to compensate non white people for a system mistreatment based on COLOR.

I mean, how can you approach the topic of "Affirmative-Action" without talking about Racism/White Supremacy?

It's really fuckin sad.

But In short,

I suspect the basic "trick" to making the language work FOR-YOU instead of AGAINST-YOU, is to use the least amount of words possible to make your point...

AND REMEMBER,

Always put it in the form of a Question?

The-Politician
I say what I feel, so adjust to that
--Jay-Z
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: