HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Responding to distractions

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Abena,

Thank you for taking the initiative to write a counter-racism science experiment. Please read the Announcement entitled Announcement: Let's Begin...(Forum Guidelines and Standards) so that you can have a clear understanding of the process to follow to get started. Please take your time viewing this information after you have read and understand the information found in the FAQ.

This thread will be locked and eventually deleted.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
Greetings...
Thankful this is not yet locked and deleted.
Wondering if there is or can be a place here for questions and answers as I work to practice improving on my speech and actions using Counter-Racism logic.

Abena

Yes, of course. All questions can and should be posted in the Following THE LOGIC forum unless that question is directly tied to a post in another section of the WSP. Answers to questions that are posted in that forum should contain the counter-racist logic necessary to follow...so that you end up following THE LOGIC and not the person who posted the answer.

You can always go to another website, as was suggested, but you will not find this process on it. If you are interested in learning how to produce counter-racism code scientifically, you're in the only place on the Internet where you'll learn how to do that. If you just want to post something somewhere, any website will do.

Would you like for me to move this thread to that forum?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. There are many people that can help you with the questions you have. I am also holding discussions with Neely Fuller on Tuesday evenings in the Countering Racism Group on Paltalk that will also be broadcast LIVE! on the Counter-Racisam Radio Network.

Information will be placed on the Counter-Racism Web Calendar.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Responding to distractions Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
Greetings,

I asked the question: "Are you a Victim of Racism" to a group on a forum of non-white people today. The first reply was, "I am a survivor".

What does this mean from a counter-racism perspective? What is one way to counter this utlizing the Counter-Racism Code?

According to counter-racism logic, you have to ask the person that gave you the response or answer what it means. When people use words and the words seem to be leading to confusion, rather than grabbing a dictionary to look up the words that someone else used, ask the person for a definition of the word and/or ask the person what they mean when they say what they say.

It is not a matter of countering what the person said it is a matter of gaining an understanding of what the person means when they say what they say.
RecoveringAa wrote:


My reply was: "A survivor of what"?

Abena

It is not only a matter of asking questions. It is a matter of asking questions that will lead to your ultimate objective and arriving at your ultimate objective as quick as possible. So you want to ask the best question in ever given situation. This takes some thought. Eventually you'll get to the point where you will not even have to think about it. But, while you're learning how to do it and doing it you approaching you're ultimate objective. Someone once said that the best way to learn to play the violin is to play the violin. By learning how to do it and doing it you are reaching your ultimate objective...even if your ultimate objective is to play the violin.

No one has, according to what is called recorded history, ever produced a SYSTEM of justice so whatever you say could be correct. Always keep that in mind. A lot of non-white people understand that is true and rather than focusing on saying and/or doing the best possible thing they could possibly say and/or do in every situation, they just use words and ask questions haphazardly because no one can tell them, and be correct in telling them, that what they are saying and/or doing is not the best way to handle it. When they do this they lose focus. Sometimes gradually and sometimes in the next few seconds. Counter-racism logic is about having razor sharp focus.

So, the question you asked is not an incorrect question but always ask yourself if you what you are thinking to say is the best way to say it. It takes some thought and it takes some practice.

I may have asked the person the following questions:

What do you mean when you say "survivor"?

Wait for their response...then ask:

Are you still being mistreated on the basis of color?

Why this approach? Simple, once I ask the person "A survivor of what?" they got me. How? Because I am using the word "survivor" that they used and I don't even know what they meant they used the word. To avoid that situation I would ask the two questions above...or...sharpen the focus of the questions by making it one question and thereby sharpen the focus of the conversation by minimizing the amount of words used. Using the least amount of words to have the greatest impact. I may have only asked the following:

When you say "survivor", do you mean that you are no longer being mistreated on the basis of color?

See THE LOGIC? Is a rape victim a "survivor" of rape while still in the process of being raped? Keep in mind that this still may not be the best way to handle it. Many non-white people don't want to think of themselves as victims of anything. Counter-racism logic (THE LOGIC) also states that it is not the job of victims of racism (white supremacy) to attempt to convince other non-white people that they are victims of racism (white supremacy). That is the job of the racists (white supremacists) themselves. So be careful that you are not on the path to do this...because a lot of non-white people already have this habit...we have the inclination to do this...because we received the training to do it.

Come up with things to say and/or things to do in every situation that you think are the best things to say and/or do in those situations and test them repeatedly. Those things become parts of your code if they work for you. Always refine them whenever you can.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a little assistance Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
Ok again...

I checked the FAQ and see this would have been best posted in a different sub-forum.
I have two questions:
1. Can someone move this to the appropriate forum?

Done. All questions not related to a specific post should be posted in the Following THE LOGIC forum so that answers can be given that outline the appropriate counter-racism logic.

RecoveringAa wrote:
2. Is there someone available to aid me in managing the responses in order to get accurate data?

I will help. Maybe others will help as well.

RecoveringAa wrote:
I was not able to introduce a poll question which would have better served my purposes and I am getting side-stepping responses.

Abena

Please begin your post for your experiment in the Counter-Racism Science Project forum in the correct format. Even if you do not have all of the information yet. I'll help you to build it. Maybe others will come help us both.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations