HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Not a Member of a Race
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Not a Member of a Race Reply with quote

Observed Phenomenon:

The white people who practice racism (white supremacy) use the confusion that every person is a member of a race against non-white people in their practice of racism (white supremacy).

Hypothesis:

When non-white people of the known universe exhibit behavior that is evidence that they are aware that they are not members of a race, racist suspects tell the non-white person that they are a member of a race.

Experiment:

One of the experiments I am performing is I got a license plate on the vehicle I drive that says “NON-RACE”. Here are photos of it.

Auto - Front
Auto - Front - Close
Auto - Rear

Recording Data:

Use whatever recording device you can such as pencil and paper, audio recorder, video recorder, memory, etc., to make sure the conversations are recorded so that other non-white people can understand the kind of codified questions and/or comments you will receive from white people who are racist suspects.

Materials Needed:

The nerve to run the experiment.

Expected Results:

(1) White people will ask you what the license plate means. Non-white people may also ask what the license plate means.

(2) White people, generally, will stare at your license plate and stare at you, and stare back at your license plate if you are a non-white person who is driving.

(3) If a white person tells you that you are a a member of a race and you ask WHY they will never answer the WHY question. They may give you a response but you'll have to ask WHY to the response...meaning they never answered the first WHY question.

Removing - (3) Any white person that engage you in a conversation about the license plate will attempt to convince you that you are a member of a race.

(4) Non-white people will never try to convince you that you are a member of a race.

Last edited by Edward Williams on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:23 am; edited 5 times in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Observed Phenomenon:

The white people who practice racism (white supremacy) use the confusion that every person is a member of a race against non-white people in their practice of racism (white supremacy).

Hypothesis:

When non-white people of the known universe exhibit behavior that is evidence that they are aware that they are not members of a race, racist suspects attempt to convince the non-white person that they are a member of a race.

Experiment:

One of the experiments I am performing is on any form that requests "race" I put "N/R". When I am asked what that means I make the following brief statement:

(1) It means Non-Race. I am not a member of a race.

Then I ask the following questions if I suspect the person asking me what "N/R' means is a white person.

(1) Are you a white person?
(2) Are you a member of the white race?

Recording Data:

Use whatever recording device you can such as pencil and paper, audio recorder, video recorder, memory, etc., to make sure the conversations are recorded so that other non-white people can understand the kind of codified questions and/or comments you will receive from white people who are racist suspects.

Materials Needed:

Expected Results:

(1) Any white person that engages you in a conversation about "N/R" will attempt to convince you that you are a member of a race.

(2) White people will attempt to get you to choose from a list of pre-determined racial categories, pre-determined by white people, and ask you which racial category you fit into.

(3) If you ask the white person who has engaged you in a conversation about "N/R" what you should put on the form the white person will not tell you to put "white" if they think you are non-white.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Not a Member of a Race Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Observed Phenomenon:

Hypothesis:

When non-white people of the known universe exhibit behavior that is evidence that they are aware that they are not members of a race, racist suspects attempt to convince the non-white person that they are a member of a race.

Experiment:

One of the experiments I am performing is I got a license plate on the vehicle I drive that says “NON-RACE”. Here are photos of it.

Auto - Front
Auto - Front - Close
Auto - Rear

Recording Data:

Materials Needed:

Expected Results:

(1) White people will ask you what the license plate means. Non-white people will not ask what the license plate means.

(2) White people, generally, will stare at your license plate and stare at you, and stare back at your license plate if you are a non-white person who is driving.

(3) Any white person that engage you in a conversation about the license plate will attempt to convince you that you are a member of a race.

A non-white female rode up on side of me while I was in Washington D.C., rolled down her window, and it was cold outside, and asked me what do I mean by by license plate. This was the first time a non-white person asked me what the license plate means.

I wrote as one of the expected results that non-white people will not ask what the license plate means. That is obviously incorrect as proven by the data. I will change the experiments to reflect this new data.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

hakeema wrote:
Peace brother,

I am curious to know what white people say to you.

Hakeema

Hakeema,

I've only had two conversation with white people about the license plates. I was sitting in the back of my truck with the tailgate up and an older white male came by. The first conversation went exactly like this:

White Person: Wait a minute...wait a minute...let's see what you have here. (looking at the license plate). Non-race huh?

Me (Non-White Person): Yes sir.

White Person: What does that mean?

Me (Non-White Person): I'm not a member of a race.

White Person: Oh sure you are.

Me (Non-White Person): I am?

White Person: Yeah.

Me (Non-White Person): Why?

White Person: Are you black?

Me (Non-White Person): My hair is black. It is said I am a black person but I am not a member of a race.

White Person: Sure you are.

Me (Non-White Person): Why?

It went back and forth a couple of times but he would never answer that question.

The next conversation I had with a white male was shorter than than the first.

White Person: Non-Race? What is that?

Me (Non-White Person): I am not a member of a race. I am a victim of race.

He walked away.

That's it so far. People look, mostly people I suspect are white people, but they generally don't say anything. They look at the license plate then look at me, then look at the license plate then look at me as it indicates in the number (2) of the Expected Results. There is really no way to determine number (3) of the Expected Results. Number (3) of the Expected Results which says:

Quote:
(3) Any white person that engage you in a conversation about the license plate will attempt to convince you that you are a member of a race.

This is supposition and should be removed from the experiment. I can suspect this is what the white person is doing but there is no way to really know for sure...not scientifically. For example, the first conversation I had with the older white male, it appeared that is what he was doing by telling me I was a member of a race but he didn't go all the way in explaining to me why I was a member of a race as he stated. In other words if he was trying to convince me he didn't do a very good job of explaining why, who, where, what, how, and when. So number (3) will be deleted and I'll add one in its place about answering the WHY question.

Neither of those two conversation lasted long enough for me to run both of the experiments posted in this thread at the same time. It could be that that was the intent of the white person I was talking to. But that is not a scientific conclusion either. Just supposition. Sometimes it is difficult to stick with only what is scientific and what isn't but I'm becoming better at doing just that.
Priestess of Soul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: License Plate Experiment Reply with quote

Mr. Williams,

Did you run a similar experiment when your license plate read RWSWJ(Replace White Supremacy with Justice)? If so, what kind of responses did you get from white and nonwhite people?

What made you decide to change your license plate from RWSWJ to NON-RACE?

What kind of response do you get from white and nonwhite people at your workplace?

Is your Yukon Denali XL a 2003 or 2004 model?

Priestess of Soul
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: License Plate Experiment Reply with quote

Priestess of Soul wrote:
Mr. Williams,

Did you run a similar experiment when your license plate read RWSWJ(Replace White Supremacy with Justice)?

My license plate never read RWSWJ.

Priestess of Soul wrote:
If so, what kind of responses did you get from white and nonwhite people?

What made you decide to change your license plate from RWSWJ to NON-RACE?

What kind of response do you get from white and nonwhite people at your workplace?

Is your Yukon Denali XL a 2003 or 2004 model?

Priestess of Soul

The year of the vehicle has very little to do with the experiment.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Not a Member of a Race Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Observed Phenomenon:

Hypothesis:

When non-white people of the known universe exhibit behavior that is evidence that they are aware that they are not members of a race, racist suspects tell the non-white person that they are a member of a race.

Experiment:

Auto - Front
Auto - Front - Close
Auto - Rear

Recording Data:

Materials Needed:

Expected Results:

(1) White people will ask you what the license plate means. Non-white people may also ask what the license plate means.

(3) If a white person tells you that you are a a member of a race and you ask WHY they will never answer the WHY question. They may give you a response but you'll have to ask WHY to the response...meaning they never answered the first WHY question..

Removing - (3) Any white person that engage you in a conversation about the license plate will attempt to convince you that you are a member of a race.

A non-white male helped me to get my cooler out of the vehicle at one of the parks I frequent to get exercise (basketball). He asked me what my license plate meant. I responded by saying I am not a member of a race.

It appears non-white people will not try to convince me that I am a member of a race if I say I am not a member of a race. I will add this to the list of expected results.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Not a Member of a Race Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Observed Phenomenon:

Hypothesis:

Experiment:

Auto - Front
Auto - Front - Close
Auto - Rear

Recording Data:

Materials Needed:

Expected Results:

(3) If a white person tells you that you are a a member of a race and you ask WHY they will never answer the WHY question. They may give you a response but you'll have to ask WHY to the response...meaning they never answered the first WHY question.

(4) Non-white people will never try to convince you that you are a member of a race.

While getting the brakes fixed on my automobile, the white person fixing my brakes hoisted my automobile up in the air and while doing so looked at my license plate and then pointed to my license plate and turned to a non-white female and asked her \"Did you see that?\". She smiled.

Now that was interesting!
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Not a Member of a Race Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Observed Phenomenon:

Hypothesis:

Experiment:

Auto - Front
Auto - Front - Close
Auto - Rear

Recording Data:

Materials Needed:

Expected Results:

On a business trip this week, on the 11th, I gave a ride to the building at the conferencethree for other members of the team. One of the people who says he is Asian, and two other people whom I suspect are white people (one male and one female). The so-called Asian male asked me the following question:

Does your license mean you don't race people?

Everyone looked at my license plate and then looked at me. I responded by stating the following:

No Sir.

He didn't ask any additional questions. The other two people whom I suspect are white people turned and walked away.
Priestess of Soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Not a Member of a Race Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Observed Phenomenon:

Hypothesis:

Experiment:

Auto - Front
Auto - Front - Close
Auto - Rear

Recording Data:

Materials Needed:

Expected Results:

On a business trip this week, on the 11th, I gave a ride to the building at the conferencethree for other members of the team. One of the people who says he is Asian, and two other people whom I suspect are white people (one male and one female). The so-called Asian male asked me the following question:

Does your license mean you don't race people?

Everyone looked at my license plate and then looked at me. I responded by stating the following:

No Sir.

He didn't ask any additional questions. The other two people whom I suspect are white people turned and walked away.

Mr. Williams,

What prompted you to put "Non-Race" on your license plates?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Not a Member of a Race Reply with quote

Priestess of Soul wrote:
Mr. Williams,

What prompted you to put "Non-Race" on your license plates?

The SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy).

Counter-Racism is not just what a person says it is also what a person does...and sometimes it is both at the same time. This is one of those times where it is both at the same time.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Pooky wrote:
Since everyone knows that the definition of the word \"race\" is used to describe people in detail(in general) with one or more words does this mean that you do not want to be described in general with one or more words?

No.

Pooky wrote:
A good example is that the word \"Asian\" can describe a person in detail(in general)so, if you could be described as \"Asian\" does this mean that you would not like to be described as \"Asian\"(if you were Asian in appearance)?

No.

Pooky wrote:
Would non-race be the same meaning as non-describable?

No.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Pooky wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Pooky wrote:
Since everyone knows that the definition of the word \\\\\\\"race\\\\\\\" is used to describe people in detail(in general) with one or more words does this mean that you do not want to be described in general with one or more words?

No.

Pooky wrote:
A good example is that the word \\\\\\\"Asian\\\\\\\" can describe a person in detail(in general)so, if you could be described as \\\\\\\"Asian\\\\\\\" does this mean that you would not like to be described as \\\\\\\"Asian\\\\\\\"(if you were Asian in appearance)?

No.

Pooky wrote:

No.

For clarity can you explain your answers? For example, why did you say \"yes\" if you said \"yes\", and why did you say \"no\" if you said \"no\"?

If a person is a member of a race the person is a racist.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Pooky wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Pooky wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Pooky wrote:
Since everyone knows that the definition of the word "race" is used to describe people in detail(in general) with one or more words does this mean that you do not want to be described in general with one or more words?

No.

Pooky wrote:
A good example is that the word "Asian" can describe a person in detail(in general)so, if you could be described as "Asian" does this mean that you would not like to be described as "Asian"(if you were Asian in appearance)?

No.

Pooky wrote:

No.

For clarity can you explain your answers? For example, why did you say "yes" if you said ", and why did you say "no" if you said "no"?

I dont think I understand, the people who describe people with one word or more(the concept of race,describing people in general with one word or more) are racist people? Does this mean that describing people is a racist action or is it someone that creates a word to describe a person in general ? Im trying to understand clearly WHAT the racist action IS , for example, if the word \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"race\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" was not used anymore and people used one or more words to describe people in general but did not call it \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"race\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" they called it a\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"description\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\", would it be a racist action to use descriptions? If the answers are yes or no can you please explain so that there will be no confusion? Also, how would I go about describing to the police that a east Indian male stole my car without describing him as east Indian?

Distinctions based on what is called 'color' are used as the vehicle for mistreatment.

You can call Niggers \\\\\\\"Tulips\\\\\\\" so long as the behavoiral impact is equal too people who DO NOT FUNCTION as White.

The white people who belive in and practice racism/whtie supremacy determine which people are white and which people are not by using mistreatment based on color as the litmus test.

Mistreatment based on Color is the test you must \\\\\\\"pass for white\\\\\\\"--ES

In system of white supremacy, you can't have white people if you don't have niggers.

Even with all that said, IT'S ALL AN ARTIFICIAL ARRANGMENT CREATED BY WHITE PEOPLE WHO BELIVE IN AND PRACTICE RACISM/WHITE SUPREMACY.

The Creator didn't arrange all of these bullshit distictions based on something as trivial as skin tone, The Racists/White Supremacists are most responsible for that.

This explains why they only reason to be a member of a 'race' is to practice Racism which is the Mistreatment based on Color used as the basis of what it means to be white.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Pooky wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Pooky wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Pooky wrote:
Since everyone knows that the definition of the word \"race\" is used to describe people in detail(in general) with one or more words does this mean that you do not want to be described in general with one or more words?

No.

Pooky wrote:
A good example is that the word \"Asian\" can describe a person in detail(in general)so, if you could be described as \"Asian\" does this mean that you would not like to be described as \"Asian\"(if you were Asian in appearance)?

No.

Pooky wrote:

No.

For clarity can you explain your answers? For example, why did you say \"yes\" if you said \"yes\", and why did you say \"no if you said \"no\"?

I dont think I understand, the people who describe people with one word or more(the concept of race,describing people in general with one word or more) are racist people?

I don't know. You have told me that you are a white person. Are there white people who practice racism (white supremacy)?

Pooky wrote:
Does this mean that describing people is a racist action or is it someone that creates a word to describe a person in general ?

You will have to find a white person who practices racism (white supremacy) to ask them what a racist (white supremacist) says and/or does in all areas of people activity.

Pooky wrote:
Im trying to understand clearly WHAT the racist action IS , for example, if the word \\\"race\\\" was not used anymore and people used one or more words to describe people in general but did not call it \\\"race\\\" they called it a\\\"description\\\", would it be a racist action to use descriptions?

I don't know.

Pooky wrote:
If the answers are yes or no can you please explain so that there will be no confusion? Also, how would I go about describing to the police that a east Indian male stole my car without describing him as east Indian?

What does an "east indian" person do that nobody else does?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Science Project All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: