HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

dealing with Racist Coworkers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: dealing with Racist Coworkers Reply with quote

Scott B wrote:
I work for a small company where my 2 coworkers openly express racist ignorance on an almost daily basis. most uncomfortable is the fact that so much of it they probably arent even aware of. It is driving me insane but I feel that there is no real way to break through to them that you cannot classify and stereotype a group of people by their Race or color. It's a problem but quiting my job isn't an option at the moment. any suggestions besides just not talking about racism at work, because frankly I'm in the habit of defending my views and I feel dialog is far more productive than perpetuating ignorance. - A human

Hello Scott B,

Are you a white person?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Scott B wrote:
Yes.

Are other white people practicing racism (white supremacy) against you?

According to counter-racist logic, white people do not mistreat each other on the basis of color. White people say they don't have color. White people say they are not colored people.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Scott B wrote:
I am not the direct target of racism, however, when they express their racist opinions at work it effects me and I don't know how I can better go about fighting it.

Scott B,

Are you saying there are white people on your job that are mistreating the non-white people and you are a white person and you don't know how to stop them from doing it?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Scott B wrote:
I don't think we are seeing eye to eye here. everyone at my company is white. Its the ignorant conjecturing that is problematic enough. It's not being directed at any one person. they would never have the balls to openly offend a person of color.

Hello Scott B,

You didn't answer the question. But let's forget that question for now. Have you read the FAQ? You are in a unique position to see if you can get other white people to stop using words and/or actions that result in the mistreatment of people on the basis of color by writing and running counter-racism science experiments. And you can use the Counter-Racism Science Project forum to post your experiments.

Please read the FAQ and begin posting your counter-racism science experiments in the Counter-Racism Science Project forum.

Two of the things that jump right out at me that you can do is:

(1) Speak out against it any time you see white people saying and/or doing anything that results in the mistreatment of people on the basis of color
(2) Don't participate in saying and/or doing anything that results in the mistreatment of people in the basis of color.

I am interested in the scientific experiments you write and run that reveal what a white person says and/or does to get other white people to stop practicing racism (white supremacy).

If there is anything I can do to help you help the people who need help the most please let me know. The FAQ is designed to help you get started.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Scott B wrote:
I am not the direct target of racism, however, when they express their racist opinions at work it effects me and I don't know how I can better go about fighting it.

Scott B,

Are you saying there are white people on your job that are mistreating the non-white people and you are a white person and you don't know how to stop them from doing it?

This is an illustration of the 'Fast-Forwarding' effect of correctly using Counter Racist Science.

The effect serves to minimiz the confusion for the victim; effectivley keeping the victim on-their-horse, so to speak.

Winston
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: