Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been
|Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:37 pm Post subject: Thoughts Precede Feelings
|This is an experiment that was written in 2002. There is one that preceded it called \"Thoughts Precede Feelings\" and two that succeed it, \"Changing Thoughts by Definitions\" and \"Definitions of Words and What you See\". All four are tied together. I'll try to post them in the near future.
This is an experiment that any person can practice at any time and place of their own choosing on themselves without anyone else knowing what the person is doing because most of the work has its roots in your brain. The experiment may appear to be kinda elementary but the results are not.
I feel a certain way depending on what is said or done.
There are certain situations that cause me to feel a certain way. There are things that are said and/or done that result in me feeling a certain way when I experience those things. Logically speaking, how I feel about something is determined by how I think about that thing.
(Questions to ask yourself)
(1) What am I feeling right now?
(2) What was I thinking right before I start feeling this way?
(3) What was I saying right before I started feeling this way?
(4) What was I doing right before I start feeling this way?
(5) What was I hearing right before I start feeling this way?
- What was I thinking right before I was hearing what I heard?
(6) What was I looking at right before I start feeling this way?
- What was I thinking right before I was looking at what I saw?
(7) What was I touching right before I start feeling this way?
- What was I thinking right before I was toughing what I touched?
(8) What was I smelling right before I start feeling this way?
- What was I thinking right before I was smelling what I smelled?
(9) What was I tasting right before I start feeling this way?
- What was I thinking right before I tasted what I tasted?
(You may not have to get to number 9 before you have your answer. You may also have to do this repeatedly because your mind may not be used to tracking your thoughts backward. If you do not tell yourself the truth in response to asking yourself these questions you end up fooling yourself. Write down the answer to each and every question above that there is an answer to. There may be multiple things that cause you to feel a certain way.)
Write down every answer to every question there is an answer to. The way the mind works it is better to write it. Your brain calculates what you are writing, what you see when you are writing it, and if you read it back out loud your brain can also calculate what you hear.
Pencil and paper and the will to become the best person you can possibly be.
(1) You will realize that the mind never sleeps, even when you think you do.
(2) You will realize before everything you say and/or do there is thought.
(3) You may realize, if you trace back far enough, there is something that is conscious of being conscious that sends you messages. Some people call this God, or Jehovah, or Allah, or the Supreme Force, or the Creator. The UICCSC calls it All Power.
Once you realize what is is that you were thinking before you began feeling a certain way, change the thought in the same circumstance. Convince yourself that you are going to think a different thing and tell yourself what that different thing is. Practice telling yourself that different thing when you are in a situation where you feel a certain way when a specific thing is said and/or done. Before long you will be in that situation and if you think that different thing you will realize you will not have the same feeling as before.
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?