HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

"see what I mean?"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

This is the title of an article about Wimbledon in the newspapers. Does anyone see what I see?

Josh

Wimbledon Semifinals: It's Williamses vs. Belgians
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: I think so...but... Reply with quote

I think so...but...please explain. To me it looks like the phrase...

Blacks and Jews
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

Exactly!

Belgium is a country, a nation, a state. The way this statements is phrased Venus and Serena are like a couple of people who just walked out of a "grab bag" from God knows where.

Wimbledon Semifinals: It's Williamses vs. Belgians

Why doesn't the phrase read:

Wimbledon Semifinals: Americans vs. Belgians

I think whats going on is that the White people want you to remember that "its those two Black girls"

I noticed the same principle at work years ago when I bought some stamps at the post office. The clerk gave me a choice and I picked the Malcolm X stamps. I must admit I was surprized to see him on a stamp. Growing up I was subliminally taught that he was "that scary angry kill all White people Black guy".

But as I looked closer at the stamp I noticed it said "Black Heritage". It didn't say "American Heritage".

See, in a system of racism White supremacy it is critical for the White supremacists to maintain a difference in Function between White people and non white people. Skin color on its own isn't enough. Its got to be connected to being mistreated and this is what the racists are good at.

Its almost as if as Black people become more able to function at the level of White people, White people hafta find some kind of way to remind everyone that we are "different".

I find this especially interesting because I was talking with a person who said they were "Jewish" and also said they were nonwhite.

I had asked him why the Jews in Germany didn't run away before the Hollocaust started. He replied, "my family did".

After a while I asked him how he would be able to tell if another one was gonna happen.

He said something about "being single out as different...being force to have an indicator that you were a Jew".

In other words his fear is of being seen as different by the smartest most powerful people.

So you know what that means...

He might *decide* to practice some racism White supremacy so that he ain't seen as "different" by the White supremacists.

You really really gotta watch people like that.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
I find this especially interesting because I was talking with a person who said they were "Jewish" and also said they were nonwhite.

I had asked him why the Jews in Germany didn't run away before the Hollocaust started. He replied, "my family did".

After a while I asked him how he would be able to tell if another one was gonna happen.

He said something about "being single out as different...being force to have an indicator that you were a Jew".

In other words his fear is of being seen as different by the smartest most powerful people.

So you know what that means...

He might *decide* to practice some racism White supremacy so that he ain't seen as "different" by the White supremacists.

Josh,

HOW is he gonna practice racism (white supremacy) if he's a non-white person?
copious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

Quote:

Josh,

HOW is he gonna practice racism (white supremacy) if he's a non-white person?

That's what I was thinking.. Cause I'm head scratching so hard its snowing over here.

good point Josh. for some reason I was allways *trained* that jew ment WHITE.

Oh yea.. I'm getting out of ussing all the SHORTCUTS white people GIVE us to say like Jews. I'm insted refering it to those who PRACTICE Judaism. I notice whenever I say itlike this white people FREEZE, cause (I guess) I'm making two huge distinctions - practice and Juda[ism].

Watchout I think I might learn somthing,
cope
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

VGOD,

I think you might be "part Indian" cause you are always sayin "How".
(please pardon my weak attempt at humor)

Anyway you asked: "HOW is he gonna practice racism (white supremacy) if he's a non-white person?"--VGOD

Exactly!

This is why it is so important to ask the "critical question" and get a yes or no answer.

When Bilalianman asked this person the "critical question", this is how it went.

PAY ATTENTION, YOU GOTTA TRACK WHATS HAPPENING!

This "Jew" has just finished explaining an experience he had and Bilalianman is asking him a question.

Bilalianman: "so what do you think about when you consider that... the reason many [Jews] were exterminated in Germany was that they were considered not white...how does that fit in your context of being a quote unquote White person in this culture? or in this part of the world?"

"Jew": "well I don't consider myself a White person because of that"

Bilalianman: "you,re not a White person?"

"Jew": " I mean I am, right? but Im not"

Bilalianman: "you said you are"

"Jew": "yeah I am, I look White"

Bilalianman: "but you're not a White person"

"Jew": "not to a lot of people, no"

Bilalianman: "to what people, what group of people?"

"Jew": "ah, racists I would think, ah, anti semitic people, um..."

Bilalianman: " so to Black people, the average Black person..."

"Jew": (cuts in) "yeah that Im White"

Bilalianman: "so then you would accept the premise that you could be a White supremacist?"

Jew: " oh yeah...until proven otherwise, right?"

See this is a good demonstration of why White supremacy is classified as a "system". A number of components that interact with each other that results in the practice of racism. What this guy is showing is that he funtions as a member of "the race" (White) when he is around people darker than himself.

OR

and this is critical,

When he can practice race[ism]

But getting back to Uncle Adolf for a moment; he is aware that many White people do not consider him to be a "real" White person.

This is why people who classify themselves as "Jews" tend to have great ability with the use of words and language.

In other words, when this guys says he looks White but he's not; what he is really acknowledging is that the system of racism White supremacy is a "construct", a political construct. The morphology of "looking White" is a part of it, but the currency of the system is based on understanding the dynamics at work in making it function.

Its interesting to see this guy "at work" in discussions of racism that include White people and non white people.

What I noticed thanks in large part to VGODS observations is that this "Jew" *rescues* the White people when they are having difficulty finding the words to confuse Black people.

I see this behavior as part of a "vetting" process i.e. demonstrating his ability to practice racism and being "judged" by the White people in the room.

So in answer to the question of how this guy is gonna practice racism when he SAYS he is non white?

I suspect he's gonna lie...lie about everything...including whether or not he's a White person. If he can't get away with that, he's gonna create as much confusion as possible by using as many words as possible. Thats my opinion.

VGOD, you were there, any comments?

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
So in answer to the question of how this guy is gonna practice racism when he SAYS he is non white?

I suspect he's gonna lie...lie about everything...including whether or not he's a White person. If he can't get away with that, he's gonna create as much confusion as possible by using as many words as possible. Thats my opinion.

VGOD, you were there, any comments?

Josh

When did the non-white person become white?

Unless the non-white person becomes white they can't practice white supremacy (racism). You stated "I find this especially interesting because I was talking with a person who said they were "Jewish" and also said they were nonwhite" and you also stated "He might *decide* to practice some racism White supremacy so that he ain't seen as "different" by the White supremacists".

This confused me because I don't know HOW a non-white person can practice white supremacy (racism) so I asked you "HOW is he gonna practice racism (white supremacy) if he's a non-white person?". You replied to my question by stating "I suspect he's gonna lie...lie about everything...including whether or not he's a White person. If he can't get away with that, he's gonna create as much confusion as possible by using as many words as possible".

This is very confusing because unless a non-white person becomes white they can't practice WHITE SUPREMACY (RACISM)...hence my question...

When did the non-white person become white?

This is the reason non-white people hafta stick with the 3 categories of people that are the result of the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism)...

(1) White people
(2) Non-White people
(3) White people that practice white supremacy (racism).

If a person says they are a "Jew"...no problem there...but what is their COLOR classification? This guy you're referring to has already stated he's non-white...so why are you talking about him like he's a white person? I ain't under no SYSTEM of Jewish Supremacy.

HOW can a "Jew" be more skilled in using WORDS than a white person under a SYSTEM of WHITE SUPREMACY (RACISM)?
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

This guy said he was non white. But the key is to observe his behavior.

Listening to what people say is very important but watching what they DO may be even more important. I suspect this is what is so confusing about "Brazillianization"; you have people who appear to be White runnin around talkin bout their Black grandfather and saying they are not White... but when you observe their functioning it is the same as a White person.

I think one way you can use to tell if a person is White is to monitor how many words they hafta use to explain that they are or arn't a White person.

The more words, the greater my suspicion that deception is being attempted.

In the case of this "Jew", maybe he was lying when he said he was non white.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

Josh,

What does a white person do that a non-white person does NOT do that you're looking for in the behavior of the person that says they are a "Jew"?
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

What does a white person do that a non-white person does NOT do that you're looking for in the behavior of the person that says they are a "Jew"?--VGOD

A person who is White will often help another person who is White to find the language necessary to avoid answering a question regarding racism White supremacy that a non white person has asked.

This help is often given without any prompting on the part of the White person in dificulty.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
What does a white person do that a non-white person does NOT do that you're looking for in the behavior of the person that says they are a "Jew"?--VGOD

A person who is White will often help another person who is White to find the language necessary to avoid answering a question regarding racism White supremacy that a non white person has asked.

This help is often given without any prompting on the part of the White person in dificulty.

Josh

Non-white people do that.

What does a white person do that a non-white person does NOT do that you're looking for in the behavior of the person that says they are a "Jew"?
Josh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

Maybe niggers do it, but not very well.

Do you have an a better answer?

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: "see what I mean?" Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Maybe niggers do it, but not very well.

Do you have an a better answer?

Josh

No sir I don't have a better answer for you.

Is it possible for me to know what you're looking for in someone else's behavior?

I don't spend a lot of time trying to find out if someone is white or non-white. I just ask them and whatever their answer is I go with that. I think it was HelixHair who was doing a similar project with a female at her job where she was trying to figure out if the female was white or non-white. Perhaps she can offer some assistance.
JohnnySmash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously they do this because everyone knows who the Williamses are. You really think there's some evil white person trying to manipulate the statement to be as anti-black as possible? NEWSFLASH: We don't fucking care.

Adressing them by name is far more respectful than saying "Americans", and it will also attract more attention from people since people know who they are. It's like saying "It's our girls vs. the Belgians". The Belgians' anonymity is more of an action AGAINST them.

I hardly find it surprising that you to try to squeeze racism out of anything you see. If there was actually rampant racism as you so often suggest, you wouldn't have to squeeze it out of article headlines.

-JohnnySmash
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

JohnnySmash wrote:
Obviously they do this because everyone knows who the Williamses are. You really think there's some evil white person trying to manipulate the statement to be as anti-black as possible? NEWSFLASH: We don't fucking care.

Adressing them by name is far more respectful than saying "Americans", and it will also attract more attention from people since people know who they are. It's like saying "It's our girls vs. the Belgians". The Belgians' anonymity is more of an action AGAINST them.

I hardly find it surprising that you to try to squeeze racism out of anything you see. If there was actually rampant racism as you so often suggest, you wouldn't have to squeeze it out of article headlines.

-JohnnySmash

--JS

HUH?

("Now if that aint a "nigger product" I don't know what is.....)

"It's like saying"?

This isn't about "like saying" anything.

Its about what WAS said and also what WAS NOT said.

And most importantly, WHY or WHY-NOT?

Regaurding "international-competition" similar to that of the "Olympics' or "Goodwill Games", I've noticed that athletes representing the "US" are referred to as "the US team" or "The Americans". I rarley hear athletes in
"international-competition" referred to as individuals. As if to say that their not included.

Being a black person, I understand what not being included means:

It means your a victim-of-racsim.

I.E., you get mistreated on the basis of COLOR.

Now, being that the williams sisters are COLORED, I suspect them being referred being separate from "America" or other "American" athletes is a precursor to them getting mistreated on the basis of COLOR. Again.

I could be incorrect.

P.S.

To Johnny Smash,

Don't bother responding to me directly. I'd rather not discuss Racsim/White Supremacy with a White person unless they have the solution. And judging by your comments, you either don't have the solution or your trying to keep me from it.

Either way, I aint got NO TIME to be wasting.

REPLACE WHITE SUPREMACY WITH JUSTICE.

smallz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: