HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Documentation/Paperwork
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Documentation/Paperwork Reply with quote

Keep a file at home or on your person of all evaluations, memorandums and changes, pay stubs,disciplinary actions. Read and get a copy of the policy manual, regulations, etc. Ask for clarification from a super- advisor or person in the hiring department when information seems unclear. Notate what was said as a result of your query about a policy, regulation that you had a question about. Ask to review your employee history file(human resource file). Ask if you can get copies or if not make notations for yourself. Correct anything that is incorrect. Be aware of your chain of command and the correct procedure to follow if you have a problem. If there is a corporate office get the phone numbers, address, e-mail, names of key personnel.

You would be surprise how many people don't do this. It really helps in terms of counter-racism in the workplace. If there are other suggestions and practices that can be employed to help counter-racism in the work place I welcome them.

Trina
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Documentation/Paperwork Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Keep a file at home or on your person of all evaluations, memorandums and changes, pay stubs,disciplinary actions. Read and get a copy of the policy manual, regulations, etc. Ask for clarification from a super- advisor or person in the hiring department when information seems unclear. Notate what was said as a result of your query about a policy, regulation that you had a question about. Ask to review your employee history file(human resource file). Ask if you can get copies or if not make notations for yourself. Correct anything that is incorrect. Be aware of your chain of command and the correct procedure to follow if you have a problem. If there is a corporate office get the phone numbers, address, e-mail, names of key personnel.

You would be surprise how many people don't do this. It really helps in terms of counter-racism in the workplace. If there are other suggestions and practices that can be employed to help counter-racism in the work place I welcome them.

Trina

Excellent suggestion Trina! Isn't it interesting HOW non-white people know by osmosis that we have to document everything?

I have some documents I use to ensure excellent performance evaluations on the job. I'll post them on the site. One is a Development Plan (DP) that I use and meet with my manager (man-ager) once a month for 30 minutes to make sure I'm on course for my training, any improvements that need to be made, etc. I also use a Performance Plan (PP)...well once or twice. The Performance Plan is used to get me back on track once I'm off track on my Development Plan. This is how it works.

My manager and I get together to decide what do I need to improve upon during the course of the year, in all of the areas we outline, to ensure I get a substantial raise and/or promotion. We also agree to what score is necessary in each area and what I need to do specifically to obtain a certain score. The document is outlined in accordance with my job responsibilities only. You can modify the document for your job responsibilities.

The Performance Plan is written in accordance with the Development Plan. This means if something was agreed to on the DP that wasn't reached the PP will outline what exactly has to be done to correct the action. The term PP is appropriate because you are basically in the toilet at this point...but not nearly fired.

This keeps everything nice and neat. Your manager likes the idea because you show first off by introducing it that you are interested in self improvement on the job, which translates into profits and you can tell them that...but be prepared to show HOW. You don't have to be made to just do as you're told. I worked at a place once where I asked for my Roles and Responsibilities and a Requirements Traceability Matrix and it took 6 months to get it down on paper. See, they thought I was just going to be loafing around and do as I was told. NOT! That's not logical.

Anyway, I'll get the documents posted as soon as I can. I'm working on the e-commerce section of this website now.
copious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for bring up this topic Trina, that was very informative.

Amen, I look forward to you posting those suggestions.

Later,
cope
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Performance Evaluation Reply with quote

I'm changing the name of the plans to Production Plan and Compensation Plan. The word Production just has a ring to it. The word development sounds like it's going to take a long time. The word performance really doesn't reveal truth. A person performs in the Production Plan.

I have decided to build these documents with the help of everyone here so that we all can build the codification necessary to improve our "bottom lines" (money intake) on any job. Together we can build a model to give an idea of what a Production Plan and Compensation Plan looks like. First we have to know what the Performance Evaluation (PE) looks like so let's build it first. We should all build the Production Plan and the Compensation Plan as part of a Counter-Racist Project.

NOTE: All who are interested in participating in this project please say so in response to this post. All changes submitted in relation to this post please reply and I will edit this post.

Now, everyone's PE is going to look different depending on whom he or she works for or where he or she works.

The Production Plan is the plan that is based on a person's "Rating Guide". On each person's Performance Evaluation there is an "Rating Guide" section, which are the explanations for the Rating Guide categories. Below is what typical PE Rating Guide categories look like:

Significantly Above Target (SAT): Performance and contribution is widely recognized both inside and outside the business unit as outstanding.

Above Target (AT): Performance and contribution and incrementally better than the objectives established.

On Target (OT): Performance and contribution fully and completely meets standards expectations for accomplishing this position.

Below Target (BT): Performance and contribution do not coincide with the level of results expected, both in absolute terms and relative to the salary and experience level of the employee.

Significantly Below Target (SBT): Performance that is clearly below expectation and subject to immediate action.

There are also grades associated with each Rating Guide category. I have included the grades below.

SAT = 5
AT = 4
OT = 3
BT = 2
SBT = 1

You'll notice some of the language of this is very generic. Doesn't matter at this point because this is the way suspected white supremacists (racists) leave holes in words for the purpose of confusing non-white people, which is essentially the mechanics for mistreating non-white people on the basis of being non-white.

NOTE: We will do a lot of damage control in the Production Plan by cleaning up a lot of the language so that it works for us.

There are 8 Performance Work Areas that must be graded. Each Performance Work Area receives a 1 thru 5 grade, which is related to your target level listed in the Rating Guide.

The 8 Performance Work Areas listed below are very generic in scope and in detail. Doesn't matter, we'll clean up the language in the Production Plan and the Compensation Plan.

Adaptability: Employee adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new reponsibilities, handles pressure and uncertainty and adjusts work plans to meet changing company needs.

Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, stays focused under pressure and meets attendance requirements.

Interpersonal Skills: Has good listening skills, seeks out feedback, and constructive criticism, networks/builds relationships, is flexible and open minded, and negotiates effectively.

Job Knowledge: Understands job duties and responsibilities, has necessary job skills and knowledge, has technical skills and knowledge, understands and operates equipment, understands and promotes company mission and values and keeps current with new developments.

Problem Solving: Anticipates and prevents problems, defines problems and identifies root cause, overcomes obstacles generates alternative solutions and helps solve team problems.

Productivity: Manages a fair work load, takes on additional responsibilities as needed, manages priorities, develops and follows work procedures, manages time well and handles information flow.

Teamwork: Contributes to team projects, exchanges ideas and opinions, helps prevent and resolve conflicts, works with other departments, develops positive working relationships and is flexible and open minded.

Work Environment/Quality: Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace safe and clean and supports safety programs. Employee is attentitive to detail and accuracy, is committed to quality standards, makes continuous improvements and owns and acts on quality problems.

At the end of the Performance Evaluation there is a Performance Summary where your grade is totaled from each of the Performance Work Areas. Your grade listed in the Performance Summary is what will determine whether you'll be promoted or fired or anything in-between. The grading scale for the totaled Performance Summary is listed below.

36 or higher = SAT
28 - 35 = AT
20 - 27 = OT
12 - 19 = BT
11 or lower = SBT

Are there any questions before we proceed?
HelixHair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Count me in!!!! Reply with quote

I would most definitely like to participate in this extremely constructive project.

HelixHair
Trina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD,

I would like to participate in this project. Are we working on this together or do we submit our own version of a Production Plan and a Performance Plan? Is this similar to the Counter-Racism Project Essay? Is there a certain format you would like us to follow?

Trina
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Virtual_GOD,

I would like to participate in this project. Are we working on this together or do we submit our own version of a Production Plan and a Performance Plan?

As I stated above this should be something we should do together. If you think some of the things I've listed above should be changed just post the suggested changes and we can discuss it with everyone else and decide if it should be changed. This, of course, doesn't keep you from writing your own.

Trina wrote:
Is this similar to the Counter-Racism Project Essay?

Similar how? It is a project to help non-white people use words that best reveal truth and use truth to promote justice and correctness.

Trina wrote:
Is there a certain format you would like us to follow?

Not in particular. We have to begin using words. I will post the Performance Evaluation in Microsoft Word format to give everyone an idea of how the document looks...if there are no changes to be made. If there are changes to be made I'll create the document once the changes are made.

The document will have what is posted above with some verbiage that ois very unclear about the person being evaluated and the rating for each Performance Work Area.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Counter-Racism Document Collaboration Reply with quote

I'm working on a Counter-Racism Document Collaboration area that will allow the people willing to work on the production of documents together to do so by building the documents online.

The URL (Uniform Resource Locator), which is the website address, is going to be:

Counter-Racism Document Collaboration Area

You can go there now but you are only able to view what has been exported. All participants will be able to change document information online and export the final document for others to view. I need to work out some modifications including using the same login for both the discussion board and the collaboration area.

Please bare with me while I make the modifications.

Trina and HelixHair, if you want a temporary userID and Password to begin working on the documents let me know and I'll produce one for you and I'll make the modifications while we build the documents. I think this would be best. We can discuss what we're doing on documents under the topic "Documentation/Paperwork" Trina developed under the "How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) In the Workplace" forum.

I wouldn't want counter-racist codification put on hold while we're refining processes. The racists (white supremacists) modify and refine the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) at the same time so we need to be in step.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Counter-Racist Collaboration Area Reply with quote

I have put the files in place and they can be accessed by a link located on the Counter-Racism Projects web page. I am modifying the application as well. Some of the functional modifications like single sign-on will come later.

Anyone going to the Collaboration Area will be able to view the documents creatdd by the people who are producing the documents. I have completed the Performance Review document so we can start on the Production Plan and Compensation Plan at any time. After I have completed some of the minor modifications I'll get started on the Production Plan.

HelixHair, I have sent you a userID and password at your request. Please do not attempt to change your password once you've logged in!

If there are any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:20 am    Post subject: Counter-Racist Collaboration Area Reply with quote

I have established your UID and Password and PM'ed it to you Trina and it has already been created on the database side.

I think we should put some text in the comments section of the Performance Review. I think this is very important because the employee should know why he or she was graded the way they are. The employee should want to know what constructive things contributed to their increase in salary, promotion, etc., and what non-constructive things contributed to any disciplinary action that has been or will be taken.

This is the basis for producing the Production Plan and the Compensation Plan. We want the employee to maintain and/or improve on any constructive activity, make any non-constructive activity constructive, and also outline what needs to be done to further improve their position in the company (money, prestige, etc.).

I'll enter some comments tonight on the Performance Review and also do a step-by-step instruction set for updating the documents and post it on this thread. To make sure everyone is following the same code for updating documents. I think this will minimize confusion.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Counter-Racist Collaboration Area Reply with quote

You know...now that I think about it...We should put the single sign-on on hold for a while. I wouldn't want everyone that has an account on the discussion board to also have the ability to edit documents.

We'll keep them separate for now and I'll add users to the Collaboration Area on a case-by-case basis. I'll continue with the customizations and try to have them complete by the 3rd.

Oh yeah...I'll also lay the outline for the Production Plan tonight. Just the outline!
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Counter-Racist Collaboration Area - Performance Review Reply with quote

I have completed the Performance Review and we are now ready to build our Production Plan and later our Compensation Plan. I will complete the layout for the Production Plan tonight. I changed the Performance Revbiew Project to version 1.3.

I will do the layout for the Production Plan and the instructions for editing tonight. HelixHair have you tested your login? Trina have you tested your login?

Check the language. Is the employee for this Performance Review a white person or a non-white person?
Trina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD,

I have checked my userid and login and they work. I looked at the performance document and the rating guide and explanations in the first part of the document don't match with the 1-5 numbers you have in the box. For example, you have a rate score of 5 as being SAT(Significantly Above Target) but in your explanation below you have a score of 5 to mean SBT(Significantly Below Target). Is this an error or am I misreading this? All of the rate scores are like this. I might be dyslexic.

I think that the person who is being rated is a non-white person. The language used in the comment section gives this impression. On many jobs nonwhite people are suppose to be miracle workers and saints. They are expected by white people to work harder without little or no assistance even if its needed and to be likeable by most of the people they interact with whether those persons are hostile or not team players.

Trina
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Virtual_GOD,

I have checked my userid and login and they work. I looked at the performance document and the rating guide and explanations in the first part of the document don't match with the 1-5 numbers you have in the box. For example, you have a rate score of 5 as being SAT(Significantly Above Target) but in your explanation below you have a score of 5 to mean SBT(Significantly Below Target). Is this an error or am I misreading this? All of the rate scores are like this. I might be dyslexic.

YES! You are not dyslexic. The Rating Guide values are reversed. I have corrected them and increased the version number of the project.

Trina wrote:
I think that the person who is being rated is a non-white person. The language used in the comment section gives this impression. On many jobs nonwhite people are suppose to be miracle workers and saints. They are expected by white people to work harder without little or no assistance even if its needed and to be likeable by most of the people they interact with whether those persons are hostile or not team players.

Trina

EXACTLY! A "personal person"? What is that? Someone who is focused and doesn't "play around" with the white people on the job? The more codified you become, in terms of counter-racism, you will begin to hear comments like this one from white people on your job.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Counter-Racism Collaboration Area Reply with quote

I have placed the list of instructions for Project Owners and Project Editors in an "Announcement" in this same forum to make them easier to find...so months from now people will not have to sift through this thread to find them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: