HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Reason To Exist?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3081
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reason To Exist? Reply with quote

Can white people stop practicing white supremacy (racism)?

I have asked myself this question frequently, even more so lately with the recent addition of posts on this and other discussion boards I frequent. I have noticed, even in talking face-to-face with white people about white supremacy (racism), not only do the white people I've spoken with want me to do certain things they don't want me to think a certain way as well. Can you imagine that?

There is something very interesting about a white person that consistently hangs out where non-white people are to consistently tell non-white people they are not thinking, speaking, and/or acting as they should be under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism).

I had one white person to tell me "when you're white your whiteness is all you have, all these other things are symbols of that". Now I really don't even know what that means...so I asked her the question I posted above...can white people stop practicing white supremacy (racism)...she responded by saying yes. I asked her HOW...she never responded...she just started crying so I sat there to wait until she finished crying but she kept crying...then she left.

I suspect white people want non-white people to believe that white people can stop practicing white supremacy (racism) but I don't know if white people can or can't stop practicing white supremacy (racism). If white people can't stop practicing white supremacy (racism) it boils down to just finding a convenient time for the white people and the non-white people of the planet to have an all out slugfest and either the white people kill all of the non-white people or the non-white people kill all of the white people.

Can white people stop practicing white supremacy (racism)?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cidiera



Joined: 23 Jul 2003
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: a white person's answer Reply with quote

white people can stop practing white supremecy, but it is not in there best interest to do so. By holding down other groups for their own to succeed, they have created a priviledged society and spoiled themselves with injustices to other people.

Damn that is hard to say, but most truth is.

to stop practicing white supremecy, the white person needs to accept that his/her priviledged existance must be given up. They must also be able to identify what their priviledged existance is comprised of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3081
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: a white person's answer Reply with quote

cidiera wrote:
white people can stop practing white supremecy, but it is not in there best interest to do so. By holding down other groups for their own to succeed, they have created a priviledged society and spoiled themselves with injustices to other people.

Damn that is hard to say, but most truth is.

to stop practicing white supremecy, the white person needs to accept that his/her priviledged existance must be given up. They must also be able to identify what their priviledged existance is comprised of.

Now the last two sentences are interesting...not logical but interesting.

Everything in the universe comes down to two things...saying and doing. By focusing on the "privileges" white people have you are only talking about what the effect is of a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism). Non-white people know what the effect is...non-white people get mistreated on the basis of color.

Scientists deal with very specific information. You say, "white people can stop practicing white supremacy" (racism). My question to you is, first of all...

What exactly does a white person have to say to stop practicing white supremacy (racism)?

...secondly...

What exactly does a white person have to stop saying to stop practicing white supremacy (racism)?

Please be very specific in your response. I need the exact words that should be said and the exact words that should not be said.

Take your time and think about what you are going to say before you say it.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cidiera



Joined: 23 Jul 2003
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: eeek that's a hard one. Reply with quote

What exactly does a white person have to say to stop practicing white supremacy (racism)?

...secondly...

What exactly does a white person have to stop saying to stop practicing white supremacy (racism)? ---VGod

#1. He must say, "I am a racist". He has to admit it like alcohlics have to admit they have a drinking problem.

#2. he must stop saying, "it's there problem"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3081
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: eeek that's a hard one. Reply with quote

cidiera wrote:
What exactly does a white person have to say to stop practicing white supremacy (racism)?

...secondly...

What exactly does a white person have to stop saying to stop practicing white supremacy (racism)? ---VGod

#1. He must say, "I am a racist". He has to admit it like alcohlics have to admit they have a drinking problem.

#2. he must stop saying, "it's there problem"

Is there anything else a white person that practices white supremacy (racism) must say to stop practicing white supremacy (racism)?

Please do not leave anything out.

Is there anything a white person that practices white supremacy (racism) must not say to stop practicing white supremacy (racism)?

Please do not leave anything out.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cidiera



Joined: 23 Jul 2003
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: uhh... Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I don't know what answer you want me to give you. I can't think of anything else. I came here to learn because I don't have the answers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3081
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: uhh... Reply with quote

cidiera wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't know what answer you want me to give you. I can't think of anything else. I came here to learn because I don't have the answers.

cidiera,

Based on the evidence to date:

You say you are a white person
You say you are a white person that practices white supremacy (racism)
You say you are interested in producing justice (guaranteeing no person is mistreated and guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help)
Non-white people are mistreated on the basis of color under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism)
Everything in the universe comes down to two basic things...saying and doing
A white person must say something to stop practicing white supremacy (racism) since a white person says something to practice white supremacy (racism)
A white person must not say something to stop practicing white supremacy (racism) since a white person doesn't say something to practice white supremacy (racism)...(withholds constructive information from non-white people)

Based on this evidence I can only suspect that you are attempting to practice white supremacy (racism) against me. Unless you are going to give me constructive information about how the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) works and not lie to me I will have no further conversation with you.

It is illogical for you to be interested in producing justice and not tell me what a white person that practices white supremacy (racism) says in order to practice white supremacy (racism) or what a white person does not say in order to practice white supremacy (racism).

You are a white supremacist (racist) by your own admission. You should know what you're doing when you're doing it. I suspect this is another feeble attempt to get non-white people to think that when a white person is practicing white supremacy (racism) they really don't know they are doing it. Logically speaking, if that is true, it only stands to reason that the white person practicing white supremacy (racism) will not know they are not doing it when they are not doing it.

I'm not a smart nigger but I am not that dumb. You know you are white and you know you are a white supremacist (racist) and according to other posts you know what it means to function as a white person and a white supremacist (racist) but you will not tell me. Typical.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cidiera



Joined: 23 Jul 2003
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: man, you are rediculous Reply with quote

You are accusing me of using racism against you? Did you ever consider that I didn't understand your goddamned question? Did you ever consider talking to me like I was a human being? Did you ever consider engaging in an actual conversation with me? I came here to discuss and debate not play your silly mind games. You know what, I'm not going to talk to you anymore until you can talk to me like I am more than my color...fucking dickhead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3081
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: man, you are rediculous Reply with quote

cidiera wrote:
You are accusing me of using racism against you? Did you ever consider that I didn't understand your goddamned question? Did you ever consider talking to me like I was a human being? Did you ever consider engaging in an actual conversation with me? I came here to discuss and debate not play your silly mind games. You know what, I'm not going to talk to you anymore until you can talk to me like I am more than my color...fucking dickhead.

I'm not accusing you of anything. I wouldn't do that without any "proof".

I suspect you are practicing white supremacy (racism) against me. You understood my question enough to give me part of an answer.

I hope non-white people are reading this. Logically speaking, the basic strategy here is that a person that says they are a white person and also says they practice white supremacy (racism) is trying to convince non-white people that when a white person practices white supremacy (racism) they don't know it. Now, follow the words this person uses and no matter what they are saying, because they use this basic strategy, you ain't gonna get no information about the mechanics of white supremacy (racism) before the person begins to contradict themselves.

Don't take my word for it...keep asking questions. Here we have a white person that practices white supremacy (racism) and they are coming to a board where they are the only white person, at this time, posting and saying they are trying to find out more about white supremacy (racism).

From a bunch of niggers?

Follow THE LOGIC.

A white person that practices white supremacy (racism) should come to a discussion board where non-white people are discussing replacing white supremacy (racism) with justice telling the non-white people HOW white supremacy (racism) is practiced and what to say and/or do so that non-white people will not be harmed in all places and at all times...

...if the white person practicing white supremacy (racism) is interested in producing justice.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cidiera



Joined: 23 Jul 2003
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: VGod Reply with quote

Listen VGod, you want a suggestion? I said that I was a racist because I have thought racist thoughts before. I have never SAID anything racist, so I very well don't know what it is that I could stop saying to stop practicing white supremecy/racism. As for what I could say to stop practicing white supremecy/racism, I could say, hey I'm a racist, and I need to stop thinking the way I fucking think. Ok, there is my answer. You might want to find out what MY definition of racism/white supremecy and how I PERSONALLY function as a racist before you try to understand my answers. Follow that logic, you bonehead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cidiera



Joined: 23 Jul 2003
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A white person that practices white supremacy (racism) should come to a discussion board where non-white people are discussing replacing white supremacy (racism) with justice telling the non-white people HOW white supremacy (racism) is practiced and what to say and/or do so that non-white people will not be harmed in all places and at all times...---VGod

Excuse me, but do you really need me to tell you what to do and say? I don't even know what to do or say half of the time. You actually think I have all the answers? I obviously don't. I'm human. I didn't come here to tell you what to do.

Here's a question, why do you need a white person to tell you what to say and do? Hasn't the white person been doing that long enough? Isn't that the fucking point in the first place...stopping the white person from controlling what you say and do? White supremecy is practiced by people allowing it to be practiced....both white and non-white. The white man cannot allow injustice to happen, and the non-white man cannot condone it by allowing it to happen to him and non-white people around him. When you take a victim stance you take a stance of powerlessness and helplessness. Is that how you want to be viewed? Are you sitting her telling me that you are powerless and helpless and you want me to tell you what to do about it? How weak is that?!? I can tell you what I might do about it, but you are your own person! You have to take care of you and your own! Shit, man, you act like you know more than me then you turn around and say that I should be telling you what to do. Talk about contradictory.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3081
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-white people pay close attention to this because it is very interesting. If there is a group of people sitting around talking about repairing an automobile but none of them know how to repair an automobile but they are discussing what could be happening when an automobile is being repaired and an auto mechanic shows up what happens? Who is the authority on repairing automobiles?

Who gets asked questions about how to repair an automobile, the people that don't know or the auto mechanic?

Who should know more about repairing an automobile, the people that say they don't know or the auto mechanic?

Why would the auto mechanic say that they are getting tired of the people that don't know how to repair an automobile asking them questions?

Why would the auto mechanic say that they're an auto mechanic but they don't really know how they repair automobiles?

Why would the auto mechanic say that they're an auto mechanic but they don't really know how they repair automobiles and they are among the people that don't know how to repair automobiles to find out more about how to repair automobiles?

Follow THE LOGIC.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cidiera



Joined: 23 Jul 2003
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: i understand what you are sayin Reply with quote

I get what you mean by that. I am suppost to be the auto mechanic. the auto mechanic symbolizes the racist.

I'll use your analogy. Maybe I'm just a break pad specialist. Maybe, I don't have the experience to know how to fix the entire car, and if you have an engine problem, then I'm useless.

In other words...I don't know that much about it because I don't believe what a skin head does, therefore, I don't practice, to the extent, racism like a skinhead does. The only type of racism that I have been involved with is light and guilt ridden. So maybe I'm not a white supremecist/racist. My theory is that to simply be a white person is to practice racism because most white people are taught to fear black people and keep their distance. and if fearing black people and keeping my distance because I didn't really understand the world is evidence of white supremecy, than I stand guilty. However, if it is just evidence of naivete or stupidity, than I am simply guilty of that. I do not understand your rules and definitions, so if you want to make the judgement of whether or not I am a racist, go right ahead. Otherwise, get off my ass, man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
copious



Joined: 29 May 2003
Posts: 248

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cidiera wrote:
My theory is that to simply be a white person is to practice racism because most white people are taught to fear black people and keep their distance.



Do you know any other racist white supremacist?


What percentage of white people that you know are practicing Racism white supremacy?


Thank you,
cope
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cidiera



Joined: 23 Jul 2003
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: that's a hard one Reply with quote

well, i'm not going to sit here and count how many people I know, but I will guestimate the percentage to be around 85%, with my definition of racism/whitesupremecy as what I had described in my previous post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations