HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Hispanic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copious

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Hispanic? Reply with quote

What does that word mean in regards to the refinment of Racism ?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/933059.asp?0dm=C237N

Hispanic identity question renewed wrote:
The Census Bureau release included four pages of guidance to how to compare race and ethnicity data. The bureau recommended comparing Hispanics to all blacks, regardless of ethnicity or how many other races they belonged to.
It was the first time in more than a decade that the bureau issued such guidance.
About 1.7 million people in July 2002 were identified by the government as black and Hispanic, while 36.3 million said they were white and Hispanic.

Interesting read?

I thought so and I suspect it means that whites can be WHITE AND be NON-WHITE amongst NON_WHITE people (non threatning) - sort of like a snake in a human costum. Blending.

BTW do hispanics apply for AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, being a MINORITY and all?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22affirmative+action%22+hispanic+minority

Hmm.. The closer I get the fzzier it seems. I comment later.

I have heard a number of REGULAR white people look say to me they wished they were HISPANIC.What is the utility?

I suspect it has somthing to do with further confusing victims such as myself with LABELS further diffussing the focus of WHO is PRACTICING racism and who's just a victim like me.

cope
Quote:
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Hispanic? Reply with quote

Copious,

I'm confused.

What is a hispanic? What isn't a hispanic? What does a hispanic say that nobody else says? What does a hispanic do that nobody else does?

What is a minority? What isn't a minority? What does a minority say that nobody else says? What does a minority do that nobody else does?
JohnnySmash

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hispanic? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Copious,

I'm confused.

What is a hispanic? What isn't a hispanic? What does a hispanic say that nobody else says? What does a hispanic do that nobody else does?

A Hispanic typically refers to someone who's family tree traces back to the country of Spain. You keep trying to classify all non-white races under one roof. You shouldn't. As for what they say and do that nobody else does, that is all opinions. Answering that question in any form would be stereotyping.

Quote:

What is a minority? What isn't a minority? What does a minority say that nobody else says? What does a minority do that nobody else does?

Again, you say the same thing but insert minority as if to classify Hispanics, blacks, Asians, etc. all in the same group. They are quite different and commonly have different places in society.

-JohnnySmash
copious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hispanic? Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Copious,

I'm confused.

Exactly!

Minority? Hispanic?

It seems that [racist] whites are tring to be WHITE yet be NON-WHITE amongst non-white people and switch back and forth at whim. The whole situation is somewhat confussing because none of the whites who say they are hispanic (that I meet) ever really want to delve intoexact DETAIL about what a person who practices hispanic culture is and what a what a person who practices hispanic culture isnt.

[Please, note the italicized portions as they are crutial in my view from becoming confused by the language]

I find myself lengthening words and phrases [racist] whites (dictionarys) give me to use such as Jew. I now attempt to ask at all times and places (as long and windy as it is) - Do you mean Jew as in a person who practices Juda[ism]? Interestingly enough, at first whites try to deter that type of thought by pounding the word and or phase over and over (saying it repeatedly) - attempting to get me to blend and repeat - but I just keep making the distinction and they usually just echo me a funny look. They're usually not to friendly after that though. Usually ( but that's a whole different story).

Do you ever find yourself lengthening words and phrases in order to clerify the meaning in regards to countering racism?

Peace,
cope
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hispanic? Reply with quote

copious wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Copious,

I'm confused.

Exactly!

Minority? Hispanic?

It seems that [racist] whites are tring to be WHITE yet be NON-WHITE amongst non-white people and switch back and forth at whim. The whole situation is somewhat confussing because none of the whites who say they are hispanic (that I meet) ever really want to delve intoexact DETAIL about what a person who practices hispanic culture is and what a what a person who practices hispanic culture isnt.

[Please, note the italicized portions as they are crutial in my view from becoming confused by the language]

I find myself lengthening words and phrases [racist] whites (dictionarys) give me to use such as Jew. I now attempt to ask at all times and places (as long and windy as it is) - Do you mean Jew as in a person who practices Juda[ism]? Interestingly enough, at first whites try to deter that type of thought by pounding the word and or phase over and over (saying it repeatedly) - attempting to get me to blend and repeat - but I just keep making the distinction and they usually just echo me a funny look. They're usually not to friendly after that though. Usually ( but that's a whole different story).

Do you ever find yourself lengthening words and phrases in order to clerify the meaning in regards to countering racism?

Peace,
cope

Cope,

I never give white people help when I'm talking to them. I just ask them questions. I never say "do you mean such and such"...because white people know what they mean. I just ask them questions and let them respond.

Now if there is a non-white person present I'll attempt to explain the dynamics of the conversation and HOW it relates to white supremacy (racism)...for the benefit of the non-white person, but that's as far as I'll go.

I have seen non-white people talking to white people and use a technique where they will give a white person information about being a white person in an attempt to take the conversation into a direction that is more advanced, in terms of revealing truth, a direction the conversation may not normally go, to get the white person to reveal truth about a specific task that white people do and WHY white people do it.

I have termed that technique The Bait and Switch but I don't use it. If you watch the Ending Racism 2020 tape towards the end there is a non-white person using this technique. I have found that it is best for me to use the least amount of words possible.

I ask if the person is a white person. Every person in this universe has a COLOR classification under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) and they know what it is and what it means to function that way. There ain't no unconscious racists (white supremacists) walking around this planet and there ain't no unconscious victims of racism (white supremacy) walking around this planet.

Now the victims of racism (white supremacy) may not have the language to accurately describe the phenomenon of racism (white supremacy) but they know what it means to be non-white.

Maybe people that use this technique will post it under the Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques section and explain the benefits and drawbacks they have noticed. I gave it a name for my own benefit but the person using the technique should be the person to give it a name, an objective, and layout when, where, how, why and who should use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: