HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

"see what I mean?"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnySmash

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
JohnnySmash wrote:
Obviously they do this because everyone knows who the Williamses are. You really think there's some evil white person trying to manipulate the statement to be as anti-black as possible? NEWSFLASH: We don't fucking care.

Adressing them by name is far more respectful than saying "Americans", and it will also attract more attention from people since people know who they are. It's like saying "It's our girls vs. the Belgians". The Belgians' anonymity is more of an action AGAINST them.

I hardly find it surprising that you to try to squeeze racism out of anything you see. If there was actually rampant racism as you so often suggest, you wouldn't have to squeeze it out of article headlines.

-JohnnySmash

Adressing them by name is far more respectful than saying "Americans", and it will also attract more attention from people since people know who they are. It's like saying "It's our girls vs. the Belgians". The Belgians' anonymity is more of an action AGAINST them.
--JS

HUH?

("Now if that aint a "nigger product" I don't know what is.....)

"It's like saying"?

This isn't about "like saying" anything.

Its about what WAS said and also what WAS NOT said.

And most importantly, WHY or WHY-NOT?

Regaurding "international-competition" similar to that of the "Olympics' or "Goodwill Games", I've noticed that athletes representing the "US" are referred to as "the US team" or "The Americans". I rarley hear athletes in
"international-competition" referred to as individuals. As if to say that their not included.

Being a black person, I understand what not being included means:

It means your a victim-of-racsim.

I.E., you get mistreated on the basis of COLOR.

Now, being that the williams sisters are COLORED, I suspect them being referred being separate from "America" or other "American" athletes is a precursor to them getting mistreated on the basis of COLOR. Again.

I could be incorrect.

P.S.

To Johnny Smash,

Don't bother responding to me directly. I'd rather not discuss Racsim/White Supremacy with a White person unless they have the solution. And judging by your comments, you either don't have the solution or your trying to keep me from it.

Either way, I aint got NO TIME to be wasting.

REPLACE WHITE SUPREMACY WITH JUSTICE.

smallz

I will respond to you directly. I don't care if you reply- other people will read it, and they can reply if they want.

First of all when I said "like saying" in this sentence:

Quote:

Adressing them by name is far more respectful than saying "Americans", and it will also attract more attention from people since people know who they are. It's like saying "It's our girls vs. the Belgians".

I was obviously using it in a way to convey that "Williamses vs. the Belgians" is best interpreted, IMO, as "Our girls vs. the Belgians". You say only what was said matters? Well, I think if you are allowed to interpret it one way then I am allowed to interpret it a different way. If it said "Those n*****s against the Belgians", then it would need no interpretation- it's point would be outspoken.

99% of the reason that the Williamses' name was featured in the headlines is because everyone knows who they are. Headlines are supposed to attract attention. People know they are Americans. If it were anybody else, say Ashley Sparks and Kelly Winter (random made up names), then what would the headline be? "Sparks and Winter vs. the Belgians"? Not only is that title a bit big, but nobody knows who the fuck Sparks and Winter are. They could be from England.

I swear- you guys are squeezing dry sponges looking for racism.

If the article read "USA vs. the Belgians" you'd complain that the Williamses' name wasn't mentioned, despite their popularity, because they're black and being discriminated against.

::sigh::

-JohnnySmash
cidiera

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: you don't understand, smash Reply with quote

If it said "Those n*****s against the Belgians", then it would need no interpretation- it's point would be outspoken. -js

I hardly find it surprising that you to try to squeeze racism out of anything you see. If there was actually rampant racism as you so often suggest, you wouldn't have to squeeze it out of article headlines. -js

Smash, racism today is veiled and more hidden than that of the past. If it said, "'Those n*****s against the Belgians'" than we would probably be living in turn of the century America.

Let me try to explain this to you in a different way, Smash.

I know, by reading other things you've posted that you don't believe that racism exists, or you need proof. I will give you a perfect example. I used to work at a hotel. There was a woman, named Sarah, who worked in the laundry department. She has been there for 25 years, mind you. In my year and a half working there, I have seen two executive housekeepers come and go. Sarah was not one of them. Did she apply? yes. She did not, however, get the position because she, "has no experience in management." It is obvious that she knows the housekeeping department like the back of her hand.

So, now we know that there are glass ceilings, we know that racism exists in one place. This example is a very small example of a much larger problem plaguing america. Racism still exists. The fact is, it is harder to point at and they, "there" and Ani Difranco so eloquently put it. Considering this, there is a need to read between the lines and uncover it.

If it said "Those n*****s against the Belgians", then it would need no interpretation- it's point would be outspoken. -js

exactly, smash. There would be no need for interpretation if it said this. If racism was this blatant than it would be easier to kick it in the ass, but it is not that easy. It is a well constructed system that has been perfecting itself for years, and as a people we must keep up with it's evolution. Part of the system of racism, since racism has been deemed to be wrong since the civil rights movement, is blinding the white children. They cannot kill the message of racism = wrong. They can however, teach white children and convince white people that there is nothing else to be done. Think about it, Smash. What's the best way to stop white people from helping the non-white people? Convince them that there is nothing else to do. Convince them that racism has been eradicated. Then, convince them to stay in their own part of town...the suburbs...by showing it as the American Dream so they can't see for themselves. Convince them that the "bad part of town" is the black part of town. Racism is gone kiddies, but don't talk to the blacks! They kill people, and they get people involved in gangs! They do drugs and drink and will do nothing but bring you down! See how they've ruined what used to be beautiful white residences? Stay in the suburbs my aryan children...it is the american way! This is evident in the f 5:00 news. Everyday there is a new story of how the black man fucked up. How often do they show the white kids that lived in my suburbs that sold drugs and stole cars and were involved the same practices?? I'll tell you how often...NEVER.
Do ya get it, Smash? Don't ya see? It's a tactic. The system says that we've eradicated racism by eradicating legal racism...all the while they've got their knee in the throat of the black man holding him down. Racism isn't in the law books anymore, no, but it is in the way we run as a government. (geez this is long-winded, I know...sorry)
ok, i could go on forever. I hope i've shed a light for you, smash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: