HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

audio/video recording

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: audio/video recording Reply with quote

Audio/Video Recording

SUGGESTION:

Make audio and/or video recordings of yourself exchanging views about race with White people.

REASON:

Producing a record of what was said and done during a racial incident allows a VOR to become more efficient in their use of counter racism language by allowing the VOR to study in great detail:

1. The effect of the words they use.

2. The mistakes they make.

3. The best words to use.

4. Standard racist techniques.

You can study boxing all your life, but when you watch the video of Muhammad Ali kicking your ass about 30 times, you will improve your practice of the "sweet science" because you will see IN GREAT DETAIL the connection between what you say and or do and the response of a racist suspect.

Its difficult at first to watch yourself making the same mistake over and over again but its one of the best ways to LEARN FAST, what works and what don't work.

Not only will you become BETTER at practicing counter racism science, but you will also become better thinking and speaking about it.

# 4 "standard racist techniques" is one that jumped out at me from watching video of myself exchanging views about race with White people. Specifically the way they use words to keep non white people focused on non white people;

ESPECIALLY EACH OTHER!

Non white people warned me about this racist technique many times; but it was when I saw the racist technique being used on me that I finally "got it".

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: