HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic
ONMYWAVELENGTH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:28 am† †Post subject: FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

I just wondered whether anyone has considered finding a job in a Black or majority Black organization to avoid all the stress. Surely in the USA (I'm originally from the UK) there must be a significant number of organizations which are de facto Black e.g in cities like Atlanta, Washington DC etc. When I was applying for jobs in the US earlier this year I certainly only considered working in a Black or majority Black organization. (Fortunately I now work in Barbados so I don't have to deal with any of that crap anymore.)
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:49 am† †Post subject: Re: FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

ONMYWAVELENGTH wrote:
I just wondered whether anyone has considered finding a job in a Black or majority Black organization to avoid all the stress. Surely in the USA (I'm originally from the UK) there must be a significant number of organizations which are de facto Black e.g in cities like Atlanta, Washington DC etc. When I was applying for jobs in the US earlier this year I certainly only considered working in a Black or majority Black organization. (Fortunately I now work in Barbados so I don't have to deal with any of that crap anymore.)

Some people in Iraq thought the same thing.
Josh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:28 am† †Post subject: Re: FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

ONMYWAVELENGTH wrote:

Is your counter racist suggestion that all non white people should move to Barbados?

Josh
The Observer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:35 am† †Post subject: Re: FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:

Which people in Iraq?

Thought what?

What do you suggest they do about it?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:59 am† †Post subject: Re: FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

The Observer wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:

Which people in Iraq?

Non-white people.

The Observer wrote:
Thought what?

Thought they were secure in their land and in their nation. They didn't stop and look...and try to see what they were looking at. Racism (white supremacy) is a universal SYSTEM.

The Observer wrote:
What do you suggest they do about it?

Replace racism (white supremacy) with justice.
ONMYWAVELENGTH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:34 pm† †Post subject: Re: FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
ONMYWAVELENGTH wrote:

Is your counter racist suggestion that all non white people should move to Barbados?

Josh

My counter racist suggestion is to consider finding a job in a more congenial / 'blacker' environment - whether that means moving to another part of the USA or another country - they are all options people could consider.
Josh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:19 pm† †Post subject: Re: FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

ONMYWAVELENGTH wrote:
Josh wrote:
ONMYWAVELENGTH wrote:

Josh

My counter racist suggestion is to consider finding a job in a more congenial / 'blacker' environment - whether that means moving to another part of the USA or another country - they are all options people could consider.

OMWL, can you please name this place where the non white people will not be mistreated and the non white people who need the most help will get the most help?

Im all set to move there.

Josh
ONMYWAVELENGTH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:07 pm† †Post subject: Re: FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
ONMYWAVELENGTH wrote:
Josh wrote:
ONMYWAVELENGTH wrote:

Josh

OMWL, can you please name this place where the non white people will not be mistreated and the non white people who need the most help will get the most help?

Josh

I think Iíve made my suggestion perfectly understandable Ė I canít really clarify any further. Whether it is the case that you donít understand what I am trying to say or you donít agree with what I am trying to say, I canít be sure but I suspect the latter. Rather than responding with sarcasm I think it would be more constructive to simply state politely, in clear English, why you disagree with the suggestion.
Dark Switch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:53 pm† †Post subject: Re: FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

ONMYWAVELENGTH wrote:
Josh wrote:
ONMYWAVELENGTH wrote:
Josh wrote:
ONMYWAVELENGTH wrote:

Josh

Josh

I think Iíve made my suggestion perfectly understandable Ė I canít really clarify any further. Whether it is the case that you donít understand what I am trying to say or you donít agree with what I am trying to say, I canít be sure but I suspect the latter. Rather than responding with sarcasm I think it would be more constructive to simply state politely, in clear English, why you disagree with the suggestion.

Racism (white supremacy) is a universal/GLOBAL SYSTEM.

Where are the congenial / 'blacker' environments, states, countries, continents that are not subject to Racism (white supremacy)?

Are you saying it is possible for non-white organisations to work successfully without contact with white people?
ONMYWAVELENGTH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:48 pm† †Post subject: Re: FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

Dark Switch wrote:

Where are the congenial / 'blacker' environments, states, countries, continents that are not subject to Racism (white supremacy)?

Are you saying it is possible for non-white organisations to work successfully without contact with white people?

I am not disputing that racism (white supremacy) is a universal/global system and that all environments, states, countries and continents are to some degree subject to racism (white supremacy). This reality however is not inconsistent with the fact that there are more congenial 'blacker' environments, states, countries, continents where black individuals on a day to day basis are less exposed to discriminatory behavior. For example, I suspect most black people in America would rather live in Atlanta (blacker environment) than Utah (mainly white environment).

Are you saying it is possible for non-white organizations to work successfully without contact with white people?

Ok youíve gone back to the global white supremacy point that all organizations are controlled by white people in some way. Fine Ė Iím not disputing that. Be that as it may, certainly in black countries, the organizations are not likely to have much contact with white people although I canít guarantee they have absolutely no contact with white people - if you choose to take an 'all or nothing approach', well sure my suggestion to merely reduce ones exposure to racism is going to be useless. At the end of the day it was just a suggestion Ė some people may find it helpful.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:04 am† †Post subject: Re: FINDING A JOB IN A BLACK/ MAJORITY BLACK ORGANIZATION Reply with quote

ONMYWAVELENGTH wrote:
Dark Switch wrote:

I am not disputing that racism (white supremacy) is a universal/global system and that all environments, states, countries and continents are to some degree subject to racism (white supremacy). This reality however is not inconsistent with the fact that there are more congenial 'blacker' environments, states, countries, continents where black individuals on a day to day basis are less exposed to discriminatory behavior. For example, I suspect most black people in America would rather live in Atlanta (blacker environment) than Utah (mainly white environment).

Are you saying it is possible for non-white organizations to work successfully without contact with white people?

Ok youíve gone back to the global white supremacy point that all organizations are controlled by white people in some way. Fine Ė Iím not disputing that. Be that as it may, certainly in black countries, the organizations are not likely to have much contact with white people although I canít guarantee they have absolutely no contact with white people - if you choose to take an 'all or nothing approach', well sure my suggestion to merely reduce ones exposure to racism is going to be useless. At the end of the day it was just a suggestion Ė some people may find it helpful.

Under the system of racsim/white supremacy, victims-of-racism are forced to compensate for being subject to constant mistreatment on the basis of Color.

And as far as I can see, there isn't anything incorrect about seeking 'comforts' made available to non-white people...so long as it is also understood that these 'comforts' are occuring in a system of white power over non-white powerlessness.

All victims of racsim are gaurnteed qualifacation to say and do whatever they feel necessary to compensate for being mistreated on the basis of color.

Ultimatley, Relacing White Supremacy with Justice should be the primary objective no matter what the short-term goal may be.

Winsotn
Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: