HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

What is meant by a Positive Role Model

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aza

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: What is meant by a Positive Role Model Reply with quote

I have notice that white people and non-white people often use the term that children needs or society needs "positive role models." Now, I have no idea what is meant by a positive role model because I am not clear what is meant by the term "positive" and "role model." How is this measured? What is the criterion for a positive role model and what does a positive role model say and do? I was wondering if anyone had any feed back on this. All this came about through a documentary that I was watching in my Blacks and Media course and the filmmaker Marlon Riggs discussed socially constructed "middle-class black families" who receives their validation from white supremacist to function in the so-called "middle-class" (what ever that is), are considered positive role models for non-white families.
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the term "role model" refers to a person; specifically a person who other persons should "mimic and/or copy.

According to counter racist code non white people should FOLLOW THE LOGIC and NOT each other.

Why?

Because non white people make mistakes, I know because Im one of em.

They get distracted,

they get tired,

and they will definately die on you.

ergo follow the logic and not the "role model" (person).

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: What is meant by a Positive Role Model Reply with quote

aza wrote:
I have notice that white people and non-white people often use the term that children needs or society needs "positive role models." Now, I have no idea what is meant by a positive role model because I am not clear what is meant by the term "positive" and "role model." How is this measured? What is the criterion for a positive role model and what does a positive role model say and do? I was wondering if anyone had any feed back on this. All this came about through a documentary that I was watching in my Blacks and Media course and the filmmaker Marlon Riggs discussed socially constructed "middle-class black families" who receives their validation from white supremacist to function in the so-called "middle-class" (what ever that is), are considered positive role models for non-white families.

The definition of "role model" I use is a person that practices justice. Right now, in this universe, no one is practicing justice.

A person can add "positive" or negative" or any other word to the equation of a person that practices justice but it will not make any difference...if the person practices justice the person practices justice.

Right now, in this universe, there is no evidence that anyone is practicing justice because injustice still exists.
Dark Switch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What is meant by a Positive Role Model Reply with quote

aza wrote:
I have notice that white people and non-white people often use the term that children needs or society needs "positive role models." Now, I have no idea what is meant by a positive role model because I am not clear what is meant by the term "positive" and "role model." How is this measured? What is the criterion for a positive role model and what does a positive role model say and do?

Many non-white people have yet to begin dreaming of the existence of Counter-Racist Logic, it is difficult for them to Find The Logic. Their best hope is that they encounter a person in their field of people activity, who engages their innate Logic which ALL POWER endowed them and racism (white supremacy) niggerizes them from.

I would define a "positive role model" in a similar way to the counter-racist definition of health.
ladyz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A positive role model is healthy and awareness I agree with Dark Switch. My daddy is a positive role model and I adore him; he works very hard, very peaceful man and there is not a negative bone in his body; he has kept me strong through the years. I learn alot from him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Following THE LOGIC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: