HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

What Do You Think About?

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:36 am† †Post subject: What Do You Think About? Reply with quote

One of the ways the smartest and most POWERFUL white people gain the information necessary to mistreat non-white people on the basis of color is from other non-white people. The codebook has a a list of ten stops, one of which is the suggestion to:

Suggestion:
Stop "Snitching".

Reason/Explanation:
To "snitch" is to willfully and deliberately "volunteer" information about a person, or a person with specific intention of gaining direct or indirect "personal" favors, and/or praise, from Racists. When Victims of Racism (non-white people) carry messages about, and/or witness against, any persons or person, in a manner that gives aid or comfort to Racists, such actions can only help to promote injustice.

It is just and correct for all persons, to the best of their will and ability, to avoid situations wherein they believe they may be tempted to , and/or expected to, "snitch".

"Snitching" does mean to say something to try to "get ahead" of someone else by taking an unjust advantage of his or her lack of correct judgment.

One of the ways the smartest and most POWERFUL white people Racists white supremacists) gain information from non-white people is to ask questions. One of the questions that is asked is:

What do you think about (person's name)?

I have witnessed non-white people provide information to white people asking the above question that is damaging to other non-white people. A "rule -of-thumb" for non-white people to follow is whatever information a non-white person gives a white person make sure that it results in no person being mistreated and also make sure it results in the person who needs the most help getting the most help. It has been my experience that white people who place non-white people in positions of "authority" are asked these questions most frequently. One of the ways non-white people can follow this "rule-of-thumb" is to use the following suggestion.

Suggestion:
When providing information to a white person about a non-white person only reveal truth about what the non-white person is doing that is constructive.

Example:

Question: What do you think about (person's name)?

Possible answers only if it is true:

Answer: (Person's Name) is routinely completing tasks in a timely manner.

Answer: (Person's Name) is routinely on time and ready to perform their tasks.

Answer: (Person's Name) is routinely willing to help other people when they need help.

Reason/Explanation:
This is the logical method for revealing truth in a manner that promotes justice and correctness.

Last edited by Edward Williams on Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:38 am† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Could another constructive response could be to identify a problem the non white person is having and ask the White person to suggested a solution?

Or will that present too great a chance for the person to be mistreated on the basis of color?

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:32 pm† †Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Could another constructive response could be to identify a problem the non white person is having and ask the White person to suggested a solution?

Or will that present too great a chance for the person to be mistreated on the basis of color?

Josh

Sure, you can do that. I always approach white people with questions on how to solve problems. But I make sure I put the white person in a position to do something to help solve the problem...something other than just telling me how to solve it. I get them involved in helping to solve the problem. I call this Counter-Racism Ju-Jitsu...which is how I use the weight of the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) against itself.

But you gotta make sure no other non-white people will be mistreated.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:02 am† †Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Josh wrote:

Josh

Sure, you can do that. I always approach white people with questions on how to solve problems. But I make sure I put the white person in a position to do something to help solve the problem...something other than just telling me how to solve it. I get them involved in helping to solve the problem. I call this Counter-Racism Ju-Jitsu...which is how I use the weight of the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) against itself.

Excellent. Edward, could you give an example of the CR Ju-Jitsu?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:51 pm† †Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Josh wrote:

Josh

Sure. Quite a few non-white people use compensatory counter-racist code on their job everyday but do not post it on this site or any other site for a very practical reason...they want to keep their job. To make sure the people who need help the most get the most help, while not mistreating anyone I'll keep the names of the people other than myself anonymous. They have VGQ.

In my current position I'm am required to ask questions of Leads of other areas and perform Technical Reviews of work products prior to Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Production implementation. Here is an e-mail thread, modified slightly, that outlines the Counter-Racism Ju-Jitsu technique:

Edward Williams wrote:
Non-White Person 1 and Non-White Person 2,

What changes were necessary to make from the original configuration documentation for the successful deployment of X-Application in the Production environment?

Response:

Non-White Person 1 wrote:
Ed,

We did Three Things:
1. Update the PL/SQL Package on the database schema.
2. Update Global Package for URL modifications
3. Delete existing data and load demo data from latest data dump.

Reply:

Edward Williams wrote:
Non-White Person 1,

Thanks for the information. Are these only ďone-timeĒ changes are will they need to be repeated each time there is a release?

Also I have some questions about the three things you reported.

(1) What updates were made to the PL/SQL Package on the database schema and how were they made (step-by-step)?
(2) What is the name of the global package for URL modifications and what step-by-step changes were made?
(3) Where was the existing data deleted from (database, schema and environment)?
(4) Where was the demo data loaded from and where was it loaded to (database, schema and environment)?
(5) Where were these changes made, in Development? Integration Test? Production?

Please advise.

My answers are in red.

(1) What updates were made to the PL/SQL Package on the database schema and how were they made (step-by-step)?
[Non-White Person 1: Part was done by Non-White Person 3, Part by Non-White Person 4. Please talk to them]
(2) What is the name of the global package for URL modifications and what step-by-step changes were made?
[Non-White Person 1: We modified URL in global package to point to right apps server in Production]
(3) Where was the existing data deleted from (database, schema and environment)?
[Non-White Person 1: Data was deleted from (schema name) database on (database server name)]
(4) Where was the demo data loaded from and where was it loaded to (database, schema and environment)?
[Non-White Person 1: Demo data was sent to us on August 24 by (client)]
(5) Where were these changes made, in Development? Integration Test? Production?
[Non-White Person 1: We only worked on Production. I have no clue if the changes were done in Development. August 24 data is here in Development. Production received a newer data set and it did NOT work]

Edward Williams wrote:
Manager (White Person),

Iím sending you this e-mail because of a grave concern. When I ask questions about the details of work that was performed so that I may perform a Technical Review of the work products and associated documentation these are the kind of answers I get, whether face-to-face, via telephone, or in e-mail. The person Iím asking questions to then runs back to you and reports that I donít know what Iím asking them questions about. That is the whole point of asking a question, to gain constructive information, meaning information that is useful in problem solving. This was brought up in my last performance review. I ask questions for details about work that was performed because I have the assignment of making sure the information contained in the documents we deliver is correct and when I ask these questions the people I ask these questions to run to you to tell you I donít know something and my performance is graded based on what someone else thinks I should know.

I suspect this is not due process. I always make an effort to perform my duties according to the support of the Constitution of the United States. In the performance of my duties I have probable cause to believe that someone is subverting me. That someone is subverting the Constitution of the United States. I am asking for your help in finding out if it is due process for me to be assigned a task that requires me to ask questions of other co-workers who then tell you that I donít know what Iím asking them questions about and that I should know what Iím asking them questions about and my performance appraisal is then graded according to what is being reported.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Response:

Manager (White Person) wrote:
Non-White Person 1,

I know you are busy but I have to agree mostly with Edís assessment on this one. You did not answer the questions in sufficient detail to perform an adequate Technical Review or to QA the associated documentation. That is Edís job. He canít build whole cloth out of thin air or general responses. If you think Ed may not be asking the right questions, help him get to the right set of questions. I know that at times I too have to play 50 questions to get the details I need to understand a problem and to stop you from saying ďYesĒ to every question. Sit with Ed and get the details we need in the deliverable documentation please. This will allow us to deploy applications without you having to work long hours to fix it.

Our Development environment must equal the Production configuration as closely as possible to minimize the errors in moving into Production. We are too sloppy in our work. As a technical leader, it is your job to set the tone for discipline and completeness. Others will follow your lead. If you are sloppy, others will follow that behavior too.

This may have to be read more than once in order to understand what is actually happening. On the surface it appears that I went to the white person to tell them about what another non-white person is doing incorrectly. You really got feel out the white person to see if they are capable of following logic and choose your words very carefully to place the smartest and most POWERFUL person (white person) in a position to make sure no person is mistreated and also make sure the person who needs help the most get the most help.

What is actually being said is that I'm addressing a white person that has the ability to solve the problem even before it becomes a problem by not only telling me to ask this particular non-white person a lot of questions but also by telling this particular non-white person that I'm going to ask them a lot of questions and to make sure I get the help I need when I need it. Only half of that was done. I was told to ask this particular non-white person questions and even told that I may have to ask them a lot of questions because they usually only answer questions with a "YES" or "NO" answer. This is probably part of Non-White Person 1's code as a result of being mistreated on the basis of color. But...the white person chose not to inform both people of what was coming and this usually results in the non-white people fighting against each other, in which both non-white people have to go back and forth with the Manager (White Person) and by this time the Manager (White Person) has enough information to mistreat both of the non-white people because by now they've told so much on each other.

These are the things I did in my e-mail to the Manager (White Person).

(1) Let him know there is a problem that it may take him to solve because he has the greatest ability to solve it in the quickest, most efficient manner.

Side Note: Non-white people usually argue so much with each other and fight each other...focusing only on each other as the cause of problems...this guy probably had no idea that by the white person notifying both of us at the same time of what was going to take place it could've eliminated the back and forth he and I were having that was about to get steamy. This is what happens with the communication between non-white people. We get frustrated with each other and attack each other without taking our time to think about what could've eliminated that kind of interaction before it became non-constructive.

(2) I was on the offense by announcing there is someone who is subverting me in my duties, which means the person is subverting "due process" in accordance with the United States Constitution.

Side Note: What this strategy does it forces everyone who is sworn to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States to marshal their forces to find this person who is preventing me from performing my duties...especially the smartest and most POWERFUL people

(3) Pointed the finger at the Manager (White Person) as a possible person who may be subverting the United States Constitution by pointing out that he could've eliminated this as a problem before it became a problem by letting all of the non-white people involved know I was given the assignment by him to ask other non-white people questions and at the same time let the other non-white people know I has that assignment and to give me the help I need when I need it and my performance being graded against what the Manager (White Person) setup, which is UN-constitutional (not due process) in the first place.

Side Note: This indicts the Manager (White Person) as the person suspected as being able to have eliminated this as a problem before it became a problem. By letting all of the non-white people involved know what was going to happen even before it happened. Not only that, the Manager (White Person) graded my performance against what he setup in the first place as a problem...and a way, I SUSPECT according to the evidence, of pitting non-white people against each other in an effort to have evidence to mistreat both of them on the basis of color.

These are the things the Manager's (White Person) response e-mail did.

(1) Included the non-white people involved with the response.

Side Note: According to this evidence I have to suspect that the Manager (White Person) knows that in order to minimize confusion and conflict he has to let everyone know what is going to happen and how it is going to happen.

(2) Asks Non-White Person 1 to help me to ask him the questions that need to be asked if I am not asking the correct questions.

Side Note: According to this evidence I have to suspect that the Manager (White Person) knows that in order to minimize confusion and conflict among the non-white people he has to make sure the people who need help the most get the most help, without mistreating anyone.

(3) Never addressed the claim that he may have subverted the United States Constitution.

Side Note: Sometimes the best you can get is for a white person under the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) to not mistreat a non-white person is for the white person to not say anything...sometimes you can use the weight of the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) against itself by getting the white person in a SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) to solve the problems they establish and/or maintain by making sure non-white person ivolved is mistreated and also make sure the non-white people involved get the help they need when they need it. The white person will solve the problem, which is what is wanted...but they will not take it all the way to justice. the Manager (White Person) ain't doing this because he wants to because if he wanted to he could've prevented it to begin with...he is doing it because of the use of words that indicts him as being the suspected perpetrator and as a result of what was perpetrated the white person mistreating the non-white people.

As a result, Non-White Person 1 hasn't been more pleasant in his communications with me in the 2 years I've worked with him and the claim I've made has been documented as a possible subversion of the United States Constitution and the Manager (White Person) who did not address this aspect of the e-mail I sent makes him, since he is the smartest and most POWERFUL person involved, a terrorist suspect.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:42 pm† †Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Josh wrote:

Josh

Sure. Quite a few non-white people use compensatory counter-racist code on their job everyday but do not post it on this site or any other site for a very practical reason...they want to keep their job. To make sure the people who need help the most get the most help, while not mistreating anyone I'll keep the names of the people other than myself anonymous. They have VGQ.

In my current position I'm am required to ask questions of Leads of other areas and perform Technical Reviews of work products prior to Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Production implementation. Here is an e-mail thread, modified slightly, that outlines the Counter-Racism Ju-Jitsu technique:

Edward Williams wrote:

What changes were necessary to make from the original configuration documentation for the successful deployment of X-Application in the Production environment?

Response:

Ed,

We did Three Things:

Reply:

Edward Williams wrote:
Non-White Person 1,

Thanks for the information. Are these only ďone-timeĒ changes are will they need to be repeated each time there is a release?

Please advise.

My answers are in red.

[Non-White Person 1: Part was done by Non-White Person 3, Part by Non-White Person 4. Please talk to them]
[Non-White Person 1: We modified URL in global package to point to right apps server in Production]
[Non-White Person 1: Data was deleted from (schema name) database on (database server name)]
[Non-White Person 1: We only worked on Production. I have no clue if the changes were done in Development. August 24 data is here in Development. Production received a newer data set and it did NOT work]

Edward Williams wrote:
Manager (White Person),

Iím sending you this e-mail because of a grave concern. When I ask questions about the details of work that was performed so that I may perform a Technical Review of the work products and associated documentation these are the kind of answers I get, whether face-to-face, via telephone, or in e-mail. The person Iím asking questions to then runs back to you and reports that I donít know what Iím asking them questions about. That is the whole point of asking a question, to gain constructive information, meaning information that is useful in problem solving. This was brought up in my last performance review. I ask questions for details about work that was performed because I have the assignment of making sure the information contained in the documents we deliver is correct and when I ask these questions the people I ask these questions to run to you to tell you I donít know something and my performance is graded based on what someone else thinks I should know.

I suspect this is not due process. I always make an effort to perform my duties according to the support of the Constitution of the United States. In the performance of my duties I have probable cause to believe that someone is subverting me. That someone is subverting the Constitution of the United States. I am asking for your help in finding out if it is due process for me to be assigned a task that requires me to ask questions of other co-workers who then tell you that I donít know what Iím asking them questions about and that I should know what Iím asking them questions about and my performance appraisal is then graded according to what is being reported.

Response:

Non-White Person 1,

I know you are busy but I have to agree mostly with Edís assessment on this one. You did not answer the questions in sufficient detail to perform an adequate Technical Review or to QA the associated documentation. That is Edís job. He canít build whole cloth out of thin air or general responses. If you think Ed may not be asking the right questions, help him get to the right set of questions. I know that at times I too have to play 50 questions to get the details I need to understand a problem and to stop you from saying ďYesĒ to every question. Sit with Ed and get the details we need in the deliverable documentation please. This will allow us to deploy applications without you having to work long hours to fix it.

Our Development environment must equal the Production configuration as closely as possible to minimize the errors in moving into Production. We are too sloppy in our work. As a technical leader, it is your job to set the tone for discipline and completeness. Others will follow your lead. If you are sloppy, others will follow that behavior too.

This may have to be read more than once in order to understand what is actually happening. On the surface it appears that I went to the white person to tell them about what another non-white person is doing incorrectly. You really got feel out the white person to see if they are capable of following logic and choose your words very carefully to place the smartest and most POWERFUL person (white person) in a position to make sure no person is mistreated and also make sure the person who needs help the most get the most help.

What is actually being said is that I'm addressing a white person that has the ability to solve the problem even before it becomes a problem by not only telling me to ask this particular non-white person a lot of questions but also by telling this particular non-white person that I'm going to ask them a lot of questions and to make sure I get the help I need when I need it. Only half of that was done. I was told to ask this particular non-white person questions and even told that I may have to ask them a lot of questions because they usually only answer questions with a "YES" or "NO" answer. This is probably part of Non-White Person 1's code as a result of being mistreated on the basis of color. But...the white person chose not to inform both people of what was coming and this usually results in the non-white people fighting against each other, in which both non-white people have to go back and forth with the Manager (White Person) and by this time the Manager (White Person) has enough information to mistreat both of the non-white people because by now they've told so much on each other.

(1) Let him know there is a problem that it may take him to solve because he has the greatest ability to solve it in the quickest, most efficient manner.

Side Note: Non-white people usually argue so much with each other and fight each other...focusing only on each other as the cause of problems...this guy probably had no idea that by the white person notifying both of us at the same time of what was going to take place it could've eliminated the back and forth he and I were having that was about to get steamy. This is what happens with the communication between non-white people. We get frustrated with each other and attack each other without taking our time to think about what could've eliminated that kind of interaction before it became non-constructive.

(2) I was on the offense by announcing there is someone who is subverting me in my duties, which means the person is subverting "due process" in accordance with the United States Constitution.

Side Note: What this strategy does it forces everyone who is sworn to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States to marshal their forces to find this person who is preventing me from performing my duties...especially the smartest and most POWERFUL people

(3) Pointed the finger at the Manager (White Person) as a possible person who may be subverting the United States Constitution by pointing out that he could've eliminated this as a problem before it became a problem by letting all of the non-white people involved know I was given the assignment by him to ask other non-white people questions and at the same time let the other non-white people know I has that assignment and to give me the help I need when I need it and my performance being graded against what the Manager (White Person) setup, which is UN-constitutional (not due process) in the first place.

Side Note: This indicts the Manager (White Person) as the person suspected as being able to have eliminated this as a problem before it became a problem. By letting all of the non-white people involved know what was going to happen even before it happened. Not only that, the Manager (White Person) graded my performance against what he setup in the first place as a problem...and a way, I SUSPECT according to the evidence, of pitting non-white people against each other in an effort to have evidence to mistreat both of them on the basis of color.

Side Note: According to this evidence I have to suspect that the Manager (White Person) knows that in order to minimize confusion and conflict he has to let everyone know what is going to happen and how it is going to happen.

(2) Asks Non-White Person 1 to help me to ask him the questions that need to be asked if I am not asking the correct questions.

Side Note: According to this evidence I have to suspect that the Manager (White Person) knows that in order to minimize confusion and conflict among the non-white people he has to make sure the people who need help the most get the most help, without mistreating anyone.

(3) Never addressed the claim that he may have subverted the United States Constitution.

Side Note: Sometimes the best you can get is for a white person under the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) to not mistreat a non-white person is for the white person to not say anything...sometimes you can use the weight of the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) against itself by getting the white person in a SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) to solve the problems they establish and/or maintain by making sure non-white person ivolved is mistreated and also make sure the non-white people involved get the help they need when they need it. The white person will solve the problem, which is what is wanted...but they will not take it all the way to justice. the Manager (White Person) ain't doing this because he wants to because if he wanted to he could've prevented it to begin with...he is doing it because of the use of words that indicts him as being the suspected perpetrator and as a result of what was perpetrated the white person mistreating the non-white people.

As a result, Non-White Person 1 hasn't been more pleasant in his communications with me in the 2 years I've worked with him and the claim I've made has been documented as a possible subversion of the United States Constitution and the Manager (White Person) who did not address this aspect of the e-mail I sent makes him, since he is the smartest and most POWERFUL person involved, a terrorist suspect.

Thank you, Sir. That was very helpful.
Trina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:04 pm† †Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Josh wrote:

Josh

Edward Williams wrote:

Response:

Ed,

We did Three Things:

Reply:

Edward Williams wrote:
Non-White Person 1,

Please advise.

My answers are in red.

Edward Williams wrote:
Manager (White Person),

Response:

Non-White Person 1,

Thank you, Sir. That was very helpful.

Yes, that was extremely helpful Edward!!!
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:55 am† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the ways the smartest and most POWERFUL white people Racists white supremacists) gain information from non-white people is to ask questions. One of the questions that is asked is:

What do you think about (person's name)?

I have witnessed non-white people provide information to white people asking the above question that is damaging to other non-white people. A "rule -of-thumb" for non-white people to follow is whatever information a non-white person gives a white person make sure that it results in no person being mistreated and also make sure it results in the person who needs the most help getting the most help.

It has been my experience that white people who place non-white people in positions of "authority" are asked these questions most frequently. One of the ways non-white people can follow this "rule-of-thumb" is to use the following suggestion.

Suggestion:
When providing information to a white person about a non-white person only reveal truth about what the non-white person is doing that is constructive.

One of my basic counter racism techniques is to say the "five smooth stones" to myself several times a day; its like a reset button I use to get myself back on track during my daily activities:

(The Five Smooth Stones)

1. Replace

2. White

3. Supremacy

4. With

5. Justice

In order to improve my ability to practice Ed's suggestion Im going to put the emphesis on the last two words of the five smooth stones:

*WITH JUSTICE*

That should help me make sure I don't harm a non white person by keeping me focused on the effects of my speech and actions.

Josh
Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: